Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will win the 2008 Superbowl?

Re: Who will win the 2008 Superbowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Turn 2 View Post
    AFC Playoff Teams:
    #1 San Diego
    #2 Baltimore
    #3 New England
    #4 Indianapolis
    WC Cincinatti
    WC Denver

NFC Playoff Teams:
    #1: Chicago
    #2: New Orleans
    #3: Dallas
    #4: San Francisco
    WC Carolina
    WC Philadelphia

AFC WC Games: NE defeats DEN, CIN defeats IND
    NFC WC Games: PHI defeats DAL, CAR defeats SF

AFC Championship SF: SD defeats CIN, BAL defeats NE
    NFC Championship SF: CHI defeats PHI, NO defeats CAR

AFC Championship F: BAL defeats SD
    NFC Championship F: NO defeats CHI

Superbowl: Baltimore Ravens defeats New Orleans Saints
    How you don't include the Jets is ridiculous.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

The Colts will repeat, rolling over the competition in the process!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think people fail to realize that the NFC West is going to be the best division in the NFC hands down. SF should win 8-11 games and have a good to great shot of the playoffs. But with a much improved Cardinals team and Seattle having a FULL SEASON of Hasselbeck and Alexander will make it difficult. Hell even the Rams will be good if their defense is even remotely decent.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

They might be by default, NFC is trash.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Turn 2 View Post
    I have to go with my hometown team. The Baltimore Ravens. They will have a second full season with Steve McNair, and a revamped O-Line and there D-Fense and Secondary will still be second to none.
    Bears were one of the top defenses last year despite missing two crucial parts in Tommie Harris and Mike Brown. Think you'd guys be so great without Ngata and Reed? Well the Bears made it to the Super Bowl without them. They only got better in the off season. They added Darwin Walker to start opposite Tommie Harris. Watch Dusty Dvoracek be a beast this year. Walker has 26½ sacks over the past five years, making him the fourth-most productive defensive tackle during that span.

Tillman and Vasher form the only cornerback tandem in the NFL to each record double-digit interceptions with the same team over the past two seasons, and their 21 combined interceptions during that span are the most by an NFC cornerback duo and tied for second in the NFL.

Mark Anderson had 12 sacks as a rookie last year in limited playing time. Though no one seems to notice him. Anderson, Dan Bauzin, Alex Brown, and Adewale Ogunleye probably equal the best combo of DE's in the league. All would start or push for the starting job on any other team.

Add in the fact you lost Adalius Thomas who was the Urlacher of your defense in terms of the speed he brought. I mean in the NFC Championship game I saw Urlacher line up at corner and cover Reggie Bush. Adalius Thomas has that sort of speed too. Bears returned all their key guys and added some. So I really don't get your second to none talk.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    NFC-possibilties only here--Carolina, New Orleans, Seattle, maybe Philly.
    So the NFC team that in 2006 that scored 427 points (ties the Colts, and only second to the Chargers) and an injured defense that was tops in the NFC and third in the NFL with 255 points allowed. They get no love from you? I notice not on this board, but on most Chicago gets zero respect. I've even seen them listed as a 9-7 or 8-8 team on some places, even by some "experts" But they scored the most points and gave up the least ammount of points in the NFC last year. They got better in the offseason, and I just think it's odd everyone writes them off. So I don't see how you have Carolina a wild card team at best, over the Bears.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Who will win the 2008 Superbowl?

Well, first of all, Benson has not proved he can be #1 RB yet. He has had some injuries problems, minor, but still had some. Grossman needs to get his mental state of mind back (confidence), and the DL is questionable right now cause Tank Johnson was released. I understand that the NFC North is on the weaker side, which will help the Bears. Mike Brown can not stay healthy. I just feel they have too many question marks this year. I feel the loss of Thomas Jones is really going to come back and haunt the Bears. The Bears could have had a two-headed monster with Jones/BEnson combo.

MLB ERA

Hawks underperformed last year, i think they have a good shot at the nfc champ game again.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

AAA ERA

Well, first of all, Benson has not proved he can be #1 RB yet. He has had some injuries problems, minor, but still had some. Grossman needs to get his mental state of mind back (confidence), and the DL is questionable right now cause Tank Johnson was released. I understand that the NFC North is on the weaker side, which will help the Bears. Mike Brown can not stay healthy. I just feel they have too many question marks this year. I feel the loss of Thomas Jones is really going to come back and haunt the Bears. The Bears could have had a two-headed monster with Jones/BEnson combo.
    While Benson has yet to prove he can be a number 1 RB. He is a former 4th overall pick. He has the talent. It's not like he's some scrub. I mean people rave about Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson on talent alone, and they've yet to show anything. I'm not going to argue about Grossman, but the reason he was horrible at times last year was never confidence.

Mike Brown has had two season ending injuries in his career. In 2004, and 2006. That is bad, but it's not like a nagging injury, it was two completely different things. Add in the fact they have great depth there this year. Manning who started as a rookie last year, and did well at time. Other times he made huge rookie mistakes. He should be starting over Archueletta on talent alone, but either way if Brown goes down they have a talented backup.

And I don't get your point about the D-line? I said in a few post above about the Darwin Walker trade: Walker has 26½ sacks over the past five years, making him the fourth-most productive defensive tackle during that span. So they add one of the most productive DT's to replace Tank, and have 2006 3rd rounder Dusty Dvoracek (who was on IR last year) back into the mix. And they are questionable at D-Line? They are better on the D-line with better players. But you just believe was ESPN feeds you.

My whole rant above was basically pointless. Because I can tell from your statement "The Bears have too many question marks." because if that's the truth, then how can you name Philly? McNabb doesn't have an injury history? I mean every NFC team has question marks. EVERY SINGLE ONE. While Tank Johnson might have been on his way to becoming the greatest defensive tackle of all time (I might have missed something). I'm sure having 2 pro bowl caliber DE's, with another coming off a 12 sack rookie season. Added with one of the best defensive tackles in the game, will form an ok at best D-line.

When you consider the Bears return one of the best special team units in terms of returns AND coverage (they ranked 1st in both last year). If you don't think the defense will finish in the top 5 of points allowed you're CRAZY! You wind up with an offense that depth wise is very deep at every position execpt the O-line.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Points well taken. I dont want you to think that I feel the Bears are NOT capable, but it was just opinion. Plus, when I made those picks, it was 6 weeks ago, and I just rattled those teams off. I just think the Bears are going to have a bit of a let down this year. I am probably wrong, but it is how I feel at this time. You make several valid points in your defense of the Bears. You also have to remember, that the Bears schedule is going to be tougher, because they won the division and they have a really demanding start to the season. If you are a Bears fan, which I am not, I hope I am wrong for you to enjoy the Bears. I am a Steelers fan and I am expecting a down year because they have a new coach and they are switching to a 4-3 defense which will take some time to adjust to the new schemes.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Saints, thats is all. No need to worry about anyone else.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

uuummm.... I like the Saints, they are a fun team to watch. Are they going to be able to stop anyone on defense. They kind of remnd me of the Indianapolis Colts of the NFC before the Colts had a better than average defense. Just my opinion.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

The Saints did have the 3rd best pass defense in the NFC last year. Makes no sense I know since their secondary is horrible. They likely have the worst corners in the league.

I fear their defensive woes as well and I also think they will miss Joe Horn a little more than expected.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I agree about the Joe Horn comment. He is was a leader on the Saints.

AAA ERA

You also have to remember, that the Bears schedule is going to be tougher, because they won the division and they have a really demanding start to the season.
    Bears won the division last year. You are correct, but they also won it the year before in 2005. Schedules for the most part are done years in advance. There's only a couple spots where it varies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast