Thread: Phil may not be coaching in the 2005-2006 season

AA ERA

Phil may not be coaching in the 2005-2006 season

Well Phil basically made his decision just by what he said. I am not suprised. I had a good feeling that he wasn't coaching unless he had a legitimate shot of winning a title. I had no idea why Lakers fans thought he was a slam dunk to coach their team. He was not going to risk his legacy by coaching a bad team like the Lakers. Lakers are over the cap and the roster Phil would have would not represent a championship title. Kobe clearly wants no part of Phil and vice versa. I just don't see the Lakers as a team that Phil wants to be part of. And no, Knicks fans should not get their hopes up about Phil coming to their team just because Phil has no interest in LA. NY has nothing to offer for him.

I read a piece by Frank Isola, the Knicks beat writer for the NY Daily News, today about how Phil has been telling friends and media circles about how the Rockets are a dream job for him. It wouldn't suprise me come late next season or in 2006 when Phil coaches the Rockets. I for one would love to see it happen. First off, it would be funny to see that little weasel Jeffie sweat for his job with Phil lurking on the wings like in 1999 when Checketts interviewed Phil behind Jeffie's back. Second, it would be fun to see Phil take the Rockets job at Jeffie's expense which would piss Jeffie off since he has publically told everyone how he hates Phil Jackson. Rockets should seriously considering firing Jeffie and hire Phil for next season. Yeah Les Alexander, Rockets owner, has to pay Jeffie millions as he fires him not to mention pay Phil 10 million a year, but that's the price you have to pay to win a championship.

Think of Phil coaching Yao, Tracy, and the Rockets next year because that's where he will be.

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1...821949,00.html

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That does not surprise me, cause a team on the cusp on winning it all isnt out there. isnt that something.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Phil would have really impressed me had he taken the Lakers or Knicks job. He just gave fodder for critics and his fellow coaches that he is not capable to coach a team that is not ready to win it all or coach a building team. I know Isiah Thomas was never that impressed with him before he interviewed him and Isiah does not seem that interested in bringing him back for another interview. Even Jim Dolan, Knicks CEO, did not seem that impress as he never bothered to give Jackson an offer.

I was never impressed with Phil all these years whether it was with the Bulls or the Lakers. Great coach, but I would put Larry Brown and Gregg Poppovich over him. Heck I would put D'Antoni over Phil.