View Poll Results: Of the follwing which do you consider the greatest individual streak is sports?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tigger Woods' cuts which ended at 142

1 5.88%
  • Bryon Nelson's 11 straight PGA victories

0 0%
  • Brett Farve's consecutive starts at quarterback

0 0%
  • Johnny Unitas's 47 straight games with a TD pass

1 5.88%
  • Cal Ripken's 2,632 consecutive games played

5 29.41%
  • Joe Dimaggio's 56 straight game with a hit

10 58.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports Poll

MLB ERA

Sports Poll

Source from the San Diego Union Tribune

This is a really good poll, its also a tough one for me, Im going to have to go with Joe DiMaggios 56 straight games with a hit. Though all of them are great/ amazing

Its so easy so have a bad round of golf.

AA ERA
    Dimaggio no doubt. No one will ever break that. It would be amazing if someone got past Pete Rose 44 games for that matter.

MLB ERA
    Had to go with the yank also.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I don't think either Ripken's or DiMaggio's will be broken. Farve's is a good one too. unitas threw nothing but 15 yd passes. Someone can do that.

MLB ERA
    All of those records will be hard to break. But IMO the best has to be DiMaggio, because people are getting faster, covering more ground, smaller parks and it is hard enough just to hit a ball coming at you at anywhere from 70-100 mph everyday.

For someone to even approach it, it would take someone hitting from today through the entire month of June just to get close.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AA ERA
    Joe DiMaggio's 56-game winning streak. It's hard to even get a base hit so what Joe did is amazing.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    All of those records will be hard to break. But IMO the best has to be DiMaggio, because people are getting faster, covering more ground, smaller parks and it is hard enough just to hit a ball coming at you at anywhere from 70-100 mph everyday.

For someone to even approach it, it would take someone hitting from today through the entire month of June just to get close.

very true, it is not easy getting a hit in baseball

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I had a hard time picking between Cal Ripken's streak or Joe DiMaggio's hit streak, but I chose Ripken's streak. How hard is it to come to the ballpark everyday from the first day of a consecutive game streak to the end? You wouldn't imagine how that can affect your body. If your fighting the flu, would you rather be on the bench and end the streak or fight your way through it? It takes guts to play in every single game for 10+ seasons and I don't think it can be broken in today's game.

I'll go with Ripken, since I do believe that any major hit streak has a fair amount of luck involved. Even the best hitter could hit the ball spectacularly five times, but if they're all in the general range of a fielder, it's over.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    I had a hard time picking between Cal Ripken's streak or Joe DiMaggio's hit streak, but I chose Ripken's streak. How hard is it to come to the ballpark everyday from the first day of a consecutive game streak to the end? You wouldn't imagine how that can affect your body. If your fighting the flu, would you rather be on the bench and end the streak or fight your way through it? It takes guts to play in every single game for 10+ seasons and I don't think it can be broken in today's game.

very true, its very had to not miss game if you are a MLB player, its like saying to a person that has a job, go to work for the hext 135 days(i forgot howmany baseball games are in a season)

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    very true, its very had to not miss game if you are a MLB player, its like saying to a person that has a job, go to work for the hext 135 days(i forgot howmany baseball games are in a season)
    There are 162 games in a season.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    There are 162 games in a season.

lol oh ok thankx

so yea as i was saying about Cal Ripkens game streak,

its the same as someone saying go to work for 162 days, man that would be very hard, and its worse for him, becasue what ever the schedule is, his team, might be on the road, so you have travel alot, rent a hotel etc..

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    What you guys didn't hear? Ripken did steroids. Remember they are guilty til proven innocent.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Had to go with Cal, thats a lot of days of playing 2 of the most grueling positions (SS and 3B) to go without having a day off.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast