Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another ugly NBA brawl

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Another ugly NBA brawl

Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Melo came off looking like a huge pussy. Not only did he throw a womanly punch but he ran away afterwards.

Jared Jeffries would have RUINED Anthony if they hadn't held him back, I guarantee it. He'd have been shot in the head in an alley later on n the night because that's how Melo rolls, but dammit, he'd have brutalized him.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    High school ball also is having some fun:

SWAT team called for high school brawl
    Associated Press

DALLAS -- A boys high school basketball game between rival Dallas schools was suspended after an arena-clearing brawl.

Play was suspended Friday with 5:04 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Carter-Kimball game when fights broke out in the concourse of Ellis Davis Field House.

Dallas SWAT and operation disruption units, along with Dallas school district security, tried to contain the situation. Pepper spray was used.

"The fight started inside, and it got bigger and bigger and went outside," Dallas police Sgt. Gil Cerda said. "It got pretty big and out of control."

The game ended with Carter ahead, 60-57. The teams were tied, 34-34, at the half, and Carter led by 1 entering the fourth quarter.

Police said there were no serious injuries.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
    Ted

MLB ERA
    What is the world of sports coming to these days?
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

AA ERA
    The NBA is a joke... enough said
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Its funny how you guys make a big deal about any kind of brawl in the NBA, when in baseball there are brawls all the time every single year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Those brawls rarely spill into the seats or require swat teams to break up.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Carmelo Anthony was the funniest of these guys. Threw a punch and ran to his mother on the other side of the arena.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Just another reason why people can justify why not to watch the NBA. If you watched the NBA during any era there were bad fights... some much worse then others.. Rudy Tomjanovich..

And I understand Carmelo the punch and run, but cmon.. if he stood in there and continued fighting it only would've escalated further, so I don't understand all the huge criticism he is getting, it should be about throwing the punch.. not the running away.
    He got 15 games.. I thought he only should have got 10, for throwing one punch, that wasn't that vicious...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedrie2
    Just another reason why people can justify why not to watch the NBA. If you watched the NBA during any era there were bad fights... some much worse then others.. Rudy Tomjanovich..

And I understand Carmelo the punch and run, but cmon.. if he stood in there and continued fighting it only would've escalated further, so I don't understand all the huge criticism he is getting, it should be about throwing the punch.. not the running away.
    He got 15 games.. I thought he only should have got 10, for throwing one punch, that wasn't that vicious...
    Thats only the second "major" brawl in the past 3 years, and you guys make big deal about it, why not make a big deal about it in baseaball? There brawls in baseball every single ****ing year! There aint no one *****ing about that!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    Those brawls rarely spill into the seats or require swat teams to break up.
    No excuse, brawl is a brawl.

MLB ERA
    Carmelo Anthony was suspended for 15 games.

Nate Robinson and J.R. Smith each got 10 games and four other players also were suspended.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    LOL @ Melo.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonedrie2

He should have never thrown a ****ing punch in the first place, is my real point, because the arguments might have died down otherwise. Then he fires off a punch, continues the battle, but isn't man enough to stay and actually fight it.

Also Jared Jeffries is ****ing ridiculously insane, I want to hire him as a bodyguard.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    No excuse, brawl is a brawl.
    Not when bystanders are involved. It becomes something completely different and chaotic, and puts innocent people in jeopardy. I mean, Artest initially went after the wrong damn fan a couple of years ago.

In baseball, it's the other way around. We the fans like jumping on the field and attacking players and coaches.
    Ted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast