Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do you follow your sports team?

MLB ERA

Why do you follow your sports team?

Arizona Diamondbacks: I follow them becasue I was born in Arizona, and I said if they made a baseball team in Arizona, I would follow them

Houston Texans: I saw my uncle wear their hat, and I liked to logo, and decided to follow them.

Charlotte Bobcats: Main reason I didnt have a Basketball team to follow.

MLB ERA
    I support the local teams, because I'm a home town fan.

AAA ERA
    cincinnati reds-ken griffey jr and ryan freel is y i like em...but they are close and thats another reason i like em

indy colts-payton manning and marvin harrison, also they are an indiana team and that is a reason y i like em

indiana pacers-reggieeeee 4 3

AA ERA
    Denver Broncos-Fell in love with John Elway because my first name is Jon. Also I have always loved Colorado (cousins and aunt and grandparents live there)
    Chicago Cubs-My grandparents are Cubs fans and during the homerun chase of 98 I picked Sammy because he was on TV a lot.
    Colorado Avalanche-Denver connection, and we got Fox Sports Rocky Mountain when I lived in Columbus (even though we weren't supposed to) and I watched them alot on their. I remeber one series they got swept by Edmonton I think. That sucked.
    Denver Nuggets-Denver connection.
    Nebraska Cornhuskers and Creighton Bluejays are local connections.
    Millwauke Bucks-Aunt and Uncle used to live there and bought me a T-Shirt lol.
    Philadelphia 76ers-My friend Steve is a big fan. Also I love watching AI and Korver plays there.
    Colorado Rockies-Denver Connection.
    Kansas City Royals-Local AAA Team is their affiliate, also on TV a lot and radio.
    Mark Martin-I used to love Greg Moor (Open Wheel Driver). Well then he died and I had to find a new driver and Mark Martin had a cool looking car to me so I picked him.

I think that is all of my "teams".
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Padres

Why do you follow your sports team?

LOL, I ask myself that at least a dozen times throughout the season......
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The SF Giants because of the history. I was a huge Barry Bonds fan when he was with the Pirates. He had the same birthday as me and he was good. The in 1993 he went to the Giants. I always loved reading about guys like McCovey, Mays, Marichal and the whole Giants/Dodgers rivalry (the best in baseball). So Barry lead me to the Giants but the history behind this team is why i root for this team.

NBA-Boring

NFL-Getting worse every year. How many more rules are gonna be made to prevenmt someone from hitting someone else? Football was a man;s sport but now is getting pretty gay.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    MLB- I was born in Ottawa, and quickly became an Expos fan growing up. After firing Felipe Alou for no apparant reason, and releasing my favorite player(Wilton Guerrero, yeah, he sucks. I know). I started just being a baseball fan. Eventually, I started going to Pirates games and just ended up as a fan. Hard to explain.

NFL- Been a Vikings fan as long as I can remember. Maybe it was the uniforms when I was young...

NHL- Born in Ottawa, gotta be a Senators fan.

NBA- Eh, I was really into the Pacers when I lived in Evansville, now I'm a semi-Knicks fan. Don't really like pro ball though.

College Sports- Indiana, Evansville, Ohio State...Anyone facing Purdue in any sport...just because of places I live/lived.

New York Yankees (MLB) - As long as I can remember I have always grown up watching replays of the Yankees on ESPN, or buying memborbillia (sp?) and watching as many games as I could on TV.

New England Patriots (NFL) - I used to be just a general NFL fan, but then I started going to Patriots training camps, and watching their games and just became a fan of them.

NHL- SUCKS

NBA - General NBA fan, going downhill for me and I barely watch it anymore.

AA ERA
    I follow the MN sports teams mainly because I always had a fondness for the MN sports teams and the state of MN. It just happened. It was natural that I would be a Timberwolves fan if the Nets ever moved and I am thankful that it happened.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    A's: Because I was born in Oakland and they're the hometown team

Raiders: Because my dad is a huge Raider fan. I was also born on the same Sunday they won the AFC Championship game to go to the Super Bowl in 1984. I'm called the 'Raider Baby' in my family.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    NFL- San Francisco 49ers: because mainly of my favorite player, Jerry Rice. Stayed loyal since.

MLB- Seattle Mariners: Alvin Davis was my idol in 1987, they became the only local pro team im a fanatic of. I just like the crap they overcome.

NBA- Minnesota T-Wolves: 2 words, Kevin Garnett.

College Football- Washington Huskies: I like their rich history.

Colllege Basketball- Arizona Wildcats and Washington Huskies: My cousin goes to UA. Ive got a soft spot for the Huskies.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    MLB: Cincinnati Reds- My grandpa got me addicted to them as a young kid, my favorite players were Eric Davis and Chris Sabo, then I started to see replays of the big red machine and I was stuck.

NFL: Oakland Raiders- Tecmo Bowl, plus history, and my brother. Growing up my brother was also a big Raiders fan and the fact they kicked butt helped, liked the logo and slowly I was engulfed into the Dark Side and the Black Hole.

NBA: Boring- Use to follow the Bulls to a point but never anything near the other sports. Now its just getting ridiculous with everyone and their brother going from High School to pros and its hurting the game. For every LeBron James or Kobe Bryant theres 5 Kwame Browns.

NHL: Oh the National Hot Rod League, eh watch it most for the crashes... oh you mean NHL do they even have a league any more?

MLS: Any and every team. I am a huge soccer fan and will watch any soccer game that comes on.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I follow Nebraska football religiously and baseball, too. That's all we have here.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerFan2002
    I follow Nebraska football religiously and baseball, too. That's all we have here.
    How do you like Air Callahan?
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Rookie ERA
    I am a homer. I follow my home teams through thick and thin and if you follow Houston sports the last 35 or so years, you know most of it was thin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast