Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why do you follow your sports team?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You do know Fedorov isn't a Wing anymore?

1st round draft pick voodoomon1jd's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    D'oh!!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    NFL: bears- it was either them or the packers (growing up in SE wiseconsin). and i dont like conformity (especially as a kid) so i liked the bears. im proud to be the only bears fan in an extended packer family.

MLB: Cubs-best friend's mom always was watching the cubs. since i was over at his house a lot, i got it nice n early.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    NBA: Lakers
    MLB: Dodgers
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 01-10-2010 at 03:08 AM.

MLB ERA
    NHL: Edmonton Oilers, my dad was a huge fan and it was passed down when growing up, plus I live close by so it works I get to watch nearly every game on tv. I also follow a lot of prospets when you get to that stage where you nearly know who took who and who scored how many points you know your hooked

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays, it was better to cheer for them than the Montreal Expos and they were on tv way more and I grew up watching them, and we know what happened to the expos, thanks MLB

couldn't careless about other sports since they're all too boring or just suck to watch, especially college sports
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates - I enjoy the city of Pittsburgh more than Cleveland, and I'm basically equal distances from each these days, so after starting to go out the ballpark I ended up a Pirates fan.

NHL: Ottawa Senators - Born in Ottawa and it always stuck with me.

NFL: Minnesota Vikings - I don't know really what started it, always been my team though. Even through going to Colts games when I lived in Indiana, never been anything but.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    MLB: Seattle Mariners- Since 1987

NFL: San Francisco 49ers- since Joe Montana, yeah they suck now.

NBA: Minnesota T-Wolves: 2 words: Kevin Garnett

NHL: Starting to like the Sens too. actually getting into the NHL.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    MLB: Yankees, loved the history and I was a trivia stickler when I was younger.

NFL: Cowboys, seems awkward right? My dad liked Eddie LeBaron, so when I grew up I was raised with a hate for the Giants. Not to mention I liked trashing on my fellow 1st graders after my team won the SB.

NHL: Rangers, I love hockey for the bruisers and young guys. So, naturally, I was drawn to my favorite player, Jeff Beukeboom.

NBA: Knicks, NBA Sucks dong. But I'm liking the younger Knicks. Still, I hate sloppy basketball.

MLB - New York Yankees- They've always been my team in baseball ever since I was a little lad. Growing up in Conn. and Virginia, they just always stuck with me. Detroit Tigers is my "2nd" favorite team, only because they're on constantly, and I fell in love with the team, the history, everything about the Tigers.

NFL - NE Patriots comes from my family. My mom's side are all diehard Pats fan, so I grew up with all the Pats gear. (Pat sweaters, Pat blankets, etc.)

The Texans, I started liking because I used to be a big Dom Capers fan. "Used to be" is the key phrase there. Anyways, the team has just stuck with me. I watch as many games as I can.

NBA - Really, just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I despise the Det. team, even though I do like Tayshaun Prince. The pistons, heh, the people around here have gotten me to hate them. All they do is constantly talk about the Pistons, it sickens me. Anyways, I do have a soft spot for Kobe and the Lakers for some reason. So I guess you can call them "my team."

College Sports - Michigan Wolverines for basketball and football. Comes from my dads side basically. Notre Dame football fan since i've moved to the midwest, just because I like the history there, and I am a big fan of Charlie Weis.

That's about it. I did this earlier in the thread, but thought I'd update it.

MLB ERA
    MLB: White Sox - I was born into it.

NFL: Indianapolis Colts - I don't like the Bears because I'm a White Sox fan, and I never really liked watching the NFC for some reason, so I picked the team from my home state.

NBA: Chicago Bulls - I was born into it. Jordan kept it going for a long time. I don't pay much attention anymore.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

You don't like Da Bears?

You're going to hell.

Oh well, at least you like Da Bulls.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General
    You don't like Da Bears?

You're going to hell.

Oh well, at least you like Da Bulls.
    My White Sox fandom prohibited me from it (when I was younger and hated all things Cubs, even anything I could draw a connection to, i.e. Da Bears). I couldn't bring myself to root for the rest of the Norse division (too much defense for my liking when I was young), and then I found the Colts, who are the nearest non-Norse division team to me, and I've been a fan ever since.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I follow the Reds because I am an eternal optimist.
    rf28

AA ERA
    MLB: Jays - Dad was a big fan.
    NBA: Raptors - Dad was a big fan.
    NFL: Raiders - Raiders, Cousins/Relatives live down in Cali, big Raider fans. They got me liking them
    NHL: Sucks. Didn't really care about the Winnipeg Jets.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123