NBA Awards

COTY: Mike D'Antoni, Phoenix Suns
    MVP: Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns
    ROY: Emeka Okafor, Charlotte Bobcats
    MIP: Bobby Simmons, Los Angeles Clippers
    6th Man: Ben Gordon, Chicago Bulls
    DPOTY: Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons
    Citizenship: Eric Snow, Cleveland Cavaliers

All of the awards have been made official..

Thoughts?

I disagreed with the Steve Nash and Ben Wallace selections. Wallace, I feel, was only given the award based on name recognition. For his standards, he actually had a down year defensively speaking. I felt Tim Duncan should have won it, but I guess he was injured so that ruled him out. Marcus Camby also had a very worthy year of the award. I just would have liked to see someone different. Shaquille O'Neal was robbed of the MVP award. It's a crime that the most dominating player of my generation only has ONE MVP award. Steve Nash is the worst MVP winner in the history of the league. Think about it. Every past MVP winner is a HOF lock. I would hate to think that Nash will be mentioned in the same breath as those greats.

AA ERA
    Great point with the MVP = HOF point. I think I can live with them all.

For the record, I would have voted Nash too.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bobby Simmons was the right pick for MIP. Nash helped the play of Marion and Amare even Joe Johnson and QRich. Marion and Amare could be potential HOFs. and Nash is elevating the play of that whole team. Hes not a defensive stopper like shaq is at times, but Nash meant a lot to that team their play showed it.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    He did make the Suns players significantly better and made the team significantly better as well. Q and Joe were good players going into this year, but Nash took them to the next level. Also the Suns were like 2-7 without him this year.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    COTY: Mike D'Antoni, Phoenix Suns
    MVP: Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns
    ROY: Emeka Okafor, Charlotte Bobcats
    MIP: Bobby Simmons, Los Angeles Clippers
    6th Man: Ben Gordon, Chicago Bulls
    DPOTY: Ben Wallace, Detroit Pistons
    Citizenship: Eric Snow, Cleveland Cavaliers

All of the awards have been made official..

Thoughts?

I disagreed with the Steve Nash and Ben Wallace selections. Wallace, I feel, was only given the award based on name recognition. For his standards, he actually had a down year defensively speaking. I felt Tim Duncan should have won it, but I guess he was injured so that ruled him out. Marcus Camby also had a very worthy year of the award. I just would have liked to see someone different. Shaquille O'Neal was robbed of the MVP award. It's a crime that the most dominating player of my generation only has ONE MVP award. Steve Nash is the worst MVP winner in the history of the league. Think about it. Every past MVP winner is a HOF lock. I would hate to think that Nash will be mentioned in the same breath as those greats.

Im so happy!!

Congrats too all the others who got an award,