Thread: Tomlinson beats Alexander's single-season TD record

MLB ERA

Tomlinson beats Alexander's single-season TD record

SAN DIEGO -- LaDainian Tomlinson broke Shaun Alexander's NFL single-season touchdown record of 28 when he scored three times Sunday in the San Diego Chargers' game against the Denver Broncos.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2693396

Man I wonder what the Seahawks fans this of this. Congrats to LT MVP no question. Hmmm Madden 2008 cover LT, what do you think of that Charger fans?

AA ERA
    He may very well be the best RB to ever play the game at the end of his career. If not, his name will surely be put in the same sentence as Jim Brown once all is said and done.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I am NOT by any means a Bear's fan at all, but living in the Chicago area. Walter Payton is still the best running back to ever play IMO. He was on crappy, and I mean crappy teams early in his career, and he still manage to get his yards and receptions. He also punished people with his running. Not to take anything away from LT, I will be the first to admit, he has by far surpassed what I thought he would do in the NFL. He is a stud and is the MVP this year, hands down. San Diego looks good, but is Rivers going to be able to handle the playoff pressure in his first year of full time QBing? I think that is why the Chargers will NOT win it all this year! They are on a roll though!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    San Diego looks good, but is Rivers going to be able to handle the playoff pressure in his first year of full time QBing? I think that is why the Chargers will NOT win it all this year!
    Last time I checked, Tom Brady did pretty well for himself in his first year as a starter, tuck rule or not.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Not saying that it can't be done. I will be the first to admit that he has done much better this year than I thought he would, so good for him and the Chargers! I was just saying, IMO, the Chargers go as far as he can carrry them. You know in the playoffs their opponent will key on LT, and Rivers will need to be able to recognize those situations. I think the Chargers look like the team to beat!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Not saying that it can't be done. I will be the first to admit that he has done much better this year than I thought he would, so good for him and the Chargers! I was just saying, IMO, the Chargers go as far as he can carrry them. You know in the playoffs their opponent will key on LT, and Rivers will need to be able to recognize those situations. I think the Chargers look like the team to beat!
    Go find Antonio Gates if you cant find LT.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Man I wonder what the Seahawks fans this of this. Congrats to LT MVP no question. Hmmm Madden 2008 cover LT, what do you think of that Charger fans?
    Madden better keep his punk ass away from LT for this cover. Go pick on Tony Romo.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I can't stand the Cowboys, they can have anyone on the Madden cover.. But knowing my luck the Cowboys would break that tradition of cover boy getting injuried and they would probably win it all.... The Cowboys are my least favorite team in all of sports.... YUCK!!!!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Madden better keep his punk ass away from LT for this cover. Go pick on Tony Romo.
    put TO on the cover. then we may not have to hear about him after that.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    rockin, I like your thinkin, but that is giving T.O. too much pub, and then we have to listen and look at him more!!! And in the long run, that is all he wants anyways! Its all about T.O. in his eyes.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    put TO on the cover. then we may not have to hear about him after that.

T.O. got the NFL2K series curse, just see Randy Moss.