Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: redsrbetter's gambling stories

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Angry? Hell yeah! It sucks when I have to accept my losses due to a QB who flat out cannot get it done. A receiver who makes a nice catch on the only good drive for the Giants in the game and he fumbles the ball on the 10 yard line after the reception. This game should have had far more points in it, but too many missopportunities cost me the game.

So what do I do from here? I press on. I move on. I can't let this hold me down. The drama continues.

Net loss: -$97.30

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Dude. If you have a large enough bankroll to work with, you should just go ahead and bet on middles. Over the long run, you should at least be able to turn a profit.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I have a really good system that turns a decent profit over the long haul. But I have gotten away from that lately. My discipline went sour on me. I don't necessarily have a huge bankroll and have been spending my winnings lately. That $100 loss tonight and the huge loss on Sunday depleted me for a bit. Now I am going to have to start small again and go back to my roots.

Its time to get back on track! Slowly but surely, I will see money on the positive side again.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I have my Thanksgiving picks completed and once again I am going for the parlay. Its a two-gamer and I am trying to get back on track with this one.

Chiefs
    Cowboys

$103 layed down on this parlay looking to win $130. I know its not a great payoff for a parlay, but it will have to do.

Let the drama continue as I try and get back on track and start a nice winning streak.

NOTE: Please do not take on my picks as guarantees if you are a gambler. I am not a pro handicapper whatsoever.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Back on track! I needed that 2-0 parlay victory and I got it!

A Cowboys blowout over the Bucs and a Plummer let down once again with me on the right side of the bet. Big night for me, its time to get it going again.

Thanks a lot Jake Plummer!

Net Profit: + $32.72

MLB ERA
    Haha nice man, good stuff.

I got myself a 3 teamer, Dolphins -2.5, Cowgirls -11, Chiefs +1.

Bro do you hedge on your bets?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Nice man! What does hedge mean?

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Back on track! I needed that 2-0 parlay victory and I got it!

A Cowboys blowout over the Bucs and a Plummer let down once again with me on the right side of the bet. Big night for me, its time to get it going again.

Thanks a lot Jake Plummer!

Net Profit: + $32.72
    Uh, I read your post earlier and your parlay was Broncos and Cowboys. Did you just edit that now?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Nice man! What does hedge mean?
    Well lets use today's game as an example, I put 10$ on Mia, Dal and KC.

Mia covered, Dal was covering in the 4th QT, so I put 5$ on Denver, because regardless of what happens, Im going to get my money back.

So whenever I bet, I usually bet 3-4 teams, majority of the teams i pick usually play durring the early games, and one at the aftnoon game, so if the morning teams are winning/covering I can always bet against my pic for the evening/afternoon games.

I hope this makes sense.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Uh, I read your post earlier and your parlay was Broncos and Cowboys. Did you just edit that now?
    Yeah I made a mistake typing the Broncos when I picked the Chiefs. I know it sounds like I changed it and it ruins any credibility I may have built. I wish I could prove to everyone that I chose the Chiefs, but thats impossible.

I did edit the post after GF83 asked me about hedging. Then I noticed the mistake and changed it. Sorry for the mistake fellas, but I hope you can believe me on this.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    Well lets use today's game as an example, I put 10$ on Mia, Dal and KC.

Mia covered, Dal was covering in the 4th QT, so I put 5$ on Denver, because regardless of what happens, Im going to get my money back.

So whenever I bet, I usually bet 3-4 teams, majority of the teams i pick usually play durring the early games, and one at the aftnoon game, so if the morning teams are winning/covering I can always bet against my pic for the evening/afternoon games.

I hope this makes sense.
    Yeah I see what you are saying. Sounds like a good strategy to me. But when I pick my bets, they are normally evening games. This way I can spend some of the day researching stats. I may try that sometime if I change my mind before the game though. Either way, it was a winning day for you.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Before I go on to my pick for tomorrow, I just wanted to say this. I truly apologize for my typo Yesterday and I fully expect distrust from those who choose to read this. But that is just not me. Anyone who has gotten to know me a bit knows I own up to my mistakes and would have no problem owning up to me losses. And why would I back Jake "The Mistake" Plummer after what he has already done to me? Refer to post 9 for clarification:

All I can say is Ladanian Tomlinson = God and Jake Plummer = worst QB in the NFL. I absolutely despise him in pressure situations.
    ok enough on that. I won my parlay yesterday and am going to have to be far more careful in typing the right team from now on. I guarantee you I will type it correct right now.

Akron -2.5 points.

I have placed $133.40 on this bet hoping to take in a profit of $127.05. Its time to build on Yesterday.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    17-0 blowout. I lost this one bigtime. WOW!

Net Loss: -$100.68

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    $100 two team parlay.

Patriots
    Colts

(confirmed, I did not type these wrong)

Looking to win $79.03

NOTE: Please do not take on my picks as guarantees if you are a gambler. I am not a pro handicapper whatsoever.

MLB ERA
    Bears are 3.5 point underdogs. I would take that and the under, if I had money to toss down.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast