Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL players get a free pass?

MLB ERA

NFL players get a free pass?

I'm sorry I just find it pathetic IMO that people(media/fans/government and ect) make a huge deal about baseball players taking steroids and ect, but when NFL players get caught, there isn't a outrage like it is in baseball, players like Merriman, Boston the 9 corolina panthers from the 03-04 SB team and ect, should get the same attention like other baseball players get. I just dont understand the logic. And you guys wonder why I hate the media so much? This is why!!

Im done venting.

Okay.

I was outraged.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Is this supposed to surprise me, or what?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I am no media but I do fall under the category of a fan. I dont think that football players should be heald to a seperate accountability than baseball players. It is ridiculous to to think that they are looked at in a seperate degree. But thats the media and its relations.

I am just a fan who cares about someone in any sport trying to get an edge through cheating. I dont care what sport it is. I am not trying to be the moral police either, I just think that cheating hurts everyone all around.

To answer your question, I see it talked about more on a baseball level as well and why it is that way, I have no clue. But I know I talk about it much more than any other sport because I am more of a fan of baseball than any other.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Baseball records mean something (61, 755, etc.) whereas no one knows a single record in football except maybe Dan Marino's 420 career TD.

Also, Barry Bonds* is a jerk and that's why the media makes such a big deal, it's a great opportunity to make him look bad (deservedly so).

If it were Terrell Owens, who is almost as hated as Bonds*, being caught for roids, you would not hear the end of it. Guaranteed.

MLB ERA
    DK- Your saying its not a big deal for athletes to take roids if there not breaking records? But if they are taking roids and breaking records its big deal? Isn't that having a double standard? Making it to the SB is not a big deal? The 9 corolina panthers who were cought with roids that team went to the SB.

Do you know why Bonds is a jerk? Especially to the media? Thats how he was raised and brought up, like it or not. It was Bobby Bonds who imbended the hatred towards the media inside his head, not Barry alone.

Redsr- Bro i respect your opinion, but cheating in baseball has been going for ages, you got managers stealing signs, you got pitcher's putting all kinds of crap on the ball to get an edge, but there hasn't been outcry over that in the past?

MLB ERA
    Steroids doesn't really bother me, it just doesn't affect my life. I could give a rat's ass, honestly.

But football players are definately the worst when it comes to off-field incidents, more than NBA and MLB, yet it is the most popular sport in the United States.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    DK- Your saying its not a big deal for athletes to take roids if there not breaking records? But if they are taking roids and breaking records its big deal? Isn't that having a double standard? Making it to the SB is not a big deal? The 9 corolina panthers who were cought with roids that team went to the SB.

Do you know why Bonds is a jerk? Especially to the media? Thats how he was raised and brought up, like it or not. It was Bobby Bonds who imbended the hatred towards the media inside his head, not Barry alone.

Redsr- Bro i respect your opinion, but cheating in baseball has been going for ages, you got managers stealing signs, you got pitcher's putting all kinds of crap on the ball to get an edge, but there hasn't been outcry over that in the past?
    I'm not saying that taking steroids isn't a big deal. Football players still get month-long suspensions. What I'm saying is that the media doesn't make as big of a deal in football as they do in baseball, because of numbers.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So it's okay for people to get on Merriman or other NFL players about it...but when people get on Bonds, you(and other Giants fans, mind you) throw a hissy fit? Okay, dude.

MLB ERA
    Witlon- Do you see outrage through the media about Merriman's positive steroid test? Do you? I dont, but if its a Bond's leaked testimony of unknowingly taking a steroid people are making a big deal about it.

Giambi admitting of taking roids, palmeiro's positive roid test, Clemen's and Petite being accused of taking roids and HGH all get a free pass, but no no no not Bonds, which till this day there hasn't been a positive steriod test.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Witlon- Do you see outrage through the media about Merriman's positive steroid test? Do you? I dont, but if its a Bond's leaked testimony of unknowingly taking a steroid people are making a big deal about it.

Giambi admitting of taking roids, palmeiro's positive roid test, Clemen's and Petite being accused of taking roids and HGH all get a free pass, but no no no not Bonds, which till this day there hasn't been a positive steriod test.

Unlike the Bonds thing thats been going on for how long?!?!? Merriman's test was leaked before it was even official and unlike Baseball they are suspended for 25% of the season then a full year then indefinitely unlike baseball.

the 9 corolina panthers from the 03-04 SB team and ect,
    Are these guys even still in the league. The Punter is pretty much a non-factor but really where are they now?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Julius Peppers who's probably one of best LB in the league, had a positive steriod test in his rookie year in 2002. http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasqu...n/1460692.html
    He's still in the league. But no there wasn't a big deal about it.

Yeah 4 games in the NFL is equavilant to 40 games in the MLB, but in MLB player's only get 10 games for there 1st offense, thats about just one NFL game. So MLB's policy is less harsh, but the media makes a big deal about it, NFL's penaltys are more harsh.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You see when they went in front of congress and really STUNK up the place. Get this, how bout the time where they didnt do ANYTHING about it until Congress stepped in. How bout the fact that the NFL showed that they had a clue of whats going on. Oh wait, the NFL had a huge problem with this when I was in the single digits and it was a big deal then (80's). I mean those could be some of the reasons.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I forgot to add that Lyle Alzado dying dramatically woke the NFL up.

Julius Peppers who's probably one of best LB in the league, had a positive steriod test in his rookie year in 2002. http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasqu...n/1460692.html
    He's still in the league. But no there wasn't a big deal about it.

Yeah 4 games in the NFL is equavilant to 40 games in the MLB, but in MLB player's only get 10 games for there 1st offense, thats about just one NFL game. So MLB's policy is less harsh, but the media makes a big deal about it, NFL's penaltys are more harsh.

Peppers is a DE, not a LB.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast