Thread: Since being a GM/Coach isn't time consuming...

Since being a GM/Coach isn't time consuming...

it seems Isiah Thomas has the time to bash Greg Anthony, in the press, when Anthony isn't present and he hasn't talked to him. Mature.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eax/index.html

"This so-called former Knick, on draft night with millions of people watching, had the audacity to take me to task on a player that I'm pretty sure he had never seen before in his life," Thomas said. "But he stands on national television and talks about a kid he has absolutely no idea about. I'm just glad that all of New York doesn't think like Greg Anthony."

"Greg Anthony should never ever be in a position to question myself on anything about basketball," Thomas said. "I do remember the kind of player he was. I'll leave it at that.

"This is between Greg and I," Thomas said in a lengthy diatribe about Anthony to the media after the Knicks practice. "The things he said on draft night ... after all the good solid work we had done in the draft ... for him to take that position he took ... I thought he was way way way out of bounds."

Thomas , who was booed by the New York crowd and widely panned by other ESPN commentators on draft night, said he was singling out Anthony because of his status as a former Knicks player. He said he hadn't spoken to Anthony, but would love to in the future.

"I just thought he was very unfair to the Knicks organization," Thomas said. "It would be different had he not worn a Knick uniform. But for a guy who claims to have been a Knick, to treat the Knicks the way he treated us that night ... I know a Piston would never do that. A Celtic would never do that. A Laker would never do that. It wouldn't happen. It just goes to show you what we're dealing with."

Class-tastic
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

MLB ERA
    Isiash sucks, but can't help but show love to anyone who ***** smacks the media as good as IT just did. That was awesome.

"Greg Anthony should never ever be in a position to question myself on anything about basketball," Thomas said. "I do remember the kind of player he was. I'll leave it at that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And an easy comeback "I do remember what kind of coach and GM you aren't"
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I read this earlier and nearly died laughing.

As almost everyone has said, Isiah has no room to talk about anything right now. He probably has a point though...if the Spurs or Pistons took Balkman, ESPN would be screaming how great a pick it would be...because the Spurs and Pistons don't do ANYTHING wrong.