Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Steelers Looked good..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

I heard today that the Steelers made it official, Tomlin is the new head coach!

MLB ERA
    I don't know about Tomlin. I never really thought of Minnesota as ever having a great defense. They did have the #1 rush d, but I always kinda figured that was because everybody just passed on them.

However, 2 important things to consider.

#1.) Dallas' offense under Sean Peyton wasn't exactly the best in the league a year ago, and he turned out to be a capable head coach. And
    #2.) The Steelers are 1 of the best organizations in professional sports, and I think they have more of a clue than anyone else in the country. They interviewed several candidates thorough and made their pick. Time to see how it pans out.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I actually watched a few of their games last year and their run defense looked terrific. If that team could get a secondary and a quarterback they would be a major force in the NFC, as much as I hate to admit it. Anyway, good luck to Tomlin because he's taking over a coaching position that's about as storied as any in the NFL.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

True!!! I do have faith in the the Steelers organization!!! I know that is a CLASS ACT!!!!

AA ERA
    Well, I have begun to like Tomlin more and more. The Steelers organization shows great faith in their coaches and is also very thorough on what it is their looking for in a head coach. I agree with Browntown, the Steelers do need to up their secondary a bit being that you need more security when you are using Polamalu to rush the passer on occasion.

On a side note, I hated to see Grimm leave the Steelers to be the assistant/offensive line coach in Arizona, it would have been nice had we been able to keep him. But at the least we retained LeBeau and it looks as though the 3-4 will be retained as Tomlin discussed this morning on Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN radio. Not to mention we also promoted wide receivers coach Arians to offensive coordinator.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I am going to give Tomlin a legit shot at proving himself. I mean, he must know what he is doing or he wouldn't have been interviewed in the first place.

MLB ERA
    I have heard rumors of Tomlin and DeBeau possibly creating a new defense that is a hybrid of the cover 2 and 3-4? Dunno how that would work, but I'm intrigued.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I don't care what they run, as long as we just WIN!!!! We need to get a good off. coor. and good special teams coach too!!!!

AA ERA
    Not to mention we also promoted wide receivers coach Arians to offensive coordinator.
    That was from my previous post. We already hired our offensive coordinator in Arians who we promoted from WR coach.

Our current needs are WR coach, OL coach, and Im not sure about our ST situation.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

hhhmmm. I have to honestly admit that I dont know much about Arains! But I like QB coaches as O-Cords.! That is just me. Again, I will give hima chance to prove himself and support the Rooney's decision. They do know what they want and expect from their coaches and players!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Just read a thread on the NFL Forums in the Steelers posts that Ken ANderson seems to be the leading canidate to become the next QB coach for the Steelers. I kinda like that move. He always seemed to be a student of the game and seems like one of those type of people that can really teach someone to improve or enhance their craft!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Just read a thread on the NFL Forums in the Steelers posts that Ken ANderson seems to be the leading canidate to become the next QB coach for the Steelers. I kinda like that move. He always seemed to be a student of the game and seems like one of those type of people that can really teach someone to improve or enhance their craft!
    I agree, he certainly would be a welcome addition.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789