Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Looked good..

AA ERA
    Well if Whisenhunt is indeed heading to Atlanta then Ron Rivera is my top choice although I have feeling Assistant Head Coach Russ Grimm may end up being the favorite. But, I also like Cam Cameron of the Chargers who is their offensive coordinator. Could you imagine what Parker could do under his system, not to mention how well Rivers and Brees succeeded under his guidance which may be what Big Ben needs.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    those are all good choices. I would feel ok with all of them. My only hesitation about an offensive minded coach, is we are a defensive minded team. It may take some time for the switch. The reason I say that, I heard Collinsworth say if he could coach anywhere, it would be Pittsburgh, because the coach is given some time to produce. So, that tells me something also!!! Rivera is still at the top of my list now!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Hey BoSox, Steelers are going to Chi-town to interview Rivera. Rivera, Whisenhint, andf Grimm seem to be the top three choices! Wow, you were on to something there my friend. Nice Job!!!!

AA ERA
    Well, my top choice Whisenhunt is now going to be the Arizona Cardinals head coach, looks as though Russ Grimm will now be the front runner in Pittsburgh.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2731184
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    that sucks!!!.. I can't blame him though. He has the tools in place to have a fun and exciting offense!!!! Good luck to him, but I am sure Steeler country is a little sad and probably even shocked that he didn't stay in Pittsburgh!

On a side note, Denny Green, better suited to be a GM or scout, can find talent but just can't put it together coaching!

AA ERA
    Well, I think the Steelers have been pussy footin around with their interviews and allowed Whisenhunt to slip through their finger tips. I like Grimm for the reason he will keep the tradition of Steeler football being that he is from Pittsburgh and has been a Steelers fan his whole life. I just think the Steelers need to get on the ball because Grimm has been liked by other teams as well.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I read on the NFL forums, in Pittsburgh team forum, that the Steelers maybe interseted in Chan Gailey. BARF!!!! GOD, I sure hope we don't hire that guy!! I still like Grimm, Rivera, they also mentioned Ryan(Ravens D-Coordinator), that would be ok with me too. I just want someone good, and NOT Gailey!!!! Cause with the repuation of the Steelers, he will be there for 15-20 years, and I may die of a heart attack or stress!!!! I will be in my pre-retirement years then! I don't want to retire with that stress in my system!!

NO CHAN GAILEY--PLEASE

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I read on the NFL forums, in Pittsburgh team forum, that the Steelers maybe interseted in Chan Gailey. BARF!!!! GOD, I sure hope we don't hire that guy!! I still like Grimm, Rivera, they also mentioned Ryan(Ravens D-Coordinator), that would be ok with me too. I just want someone good, and NOT Gailey!!!! Cause with the repuation of the Steelers, he will be there for 15-20 years, and I may die of a heart attack or stress!!!! I will be in my pre-retirement years then! I don't want to retire with that stress in my system!!

NO CHAN GAILEY--PLEASE

I read about that yesterday which was when he had his interview. I also read that Gailey was actually Cowher's choice as his successor. I pray to God that Gailey isn't hired as head coach, I am now pulling for Grimm being that Whisenhunt is now in Arizona.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Is Cowher trying to ruin the Steelers. friend or not, please!!!! As I said, I don't mind most of the candidates, especially the ones previously mentioned.

just not Gailey!!

AA ERA
    Well, from most of the articles I am reading it's either going to be Grimm or the Vikings defensive coordinator Tomlin. Rumors have it that Rooney was very impressed with Tomlin and said that Tomlin reminded him of a young Chuck Noll. I believe a hiring will be announced before the week is over.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Not only there goes our defense, but our team too. Have they watched the Vikings lately!!!! Please. Open the wallet and get a coach that the players and fans will respond too!!!! Man, they are making me nervous!!!!

AA ERA
    I agree, but I believe Grimm will be the hire and if he is the choice, you will see most of the coaching staff retained and most likely see WR's coach Bruce Arians promoted to offensive coordinator. Although our QB coach Whipple may be allowed to follow Whisenhunt to Arizona to be the offensive coordinator.

If Grimm is hired, I can guarantee that we will see traditional Steelers football. Also, Grimm is a finalist for the Pro Football HOF, here's hoping he gets in and is announced the Steelers head coach!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Steelers set to hire Minnesota's D-Coordinator Tomlin. I am disappointed, but aas a true fan, I will support and trust the Steeler's front office judgement. The Steelers run a 3-4 d, and Tomlin runs a 4-3. I guess we are to be patient til he gets his players necessary to run a 4-3. Pressure will be on the offense I guess.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I don't think the Steelers are totally sold on Tomlin. Now they are saying it is not a for sure thing. I am now hearing rumors that the Steelers want to interview Rivera a second time. I hope so! Grimm and Tomlin had 2 interviews, so I firmly believe the Steelers want to be fair and sure. So, Rivera may get a second opportunity. We will see. I am wondering why Grimm is put on the back burner? All in good time, we will see!

AA ERA
    Well, I am actually liking Tomlin more and more. Remember much like Cowher who was 32 and only a coordinator for a short period of time before his hiring, Tomlin is only 34 and fitting the same bill. Does that equal the same success? Certainly not, only time will determine that. But, he was a prodege under Dungy in Tampa back when TB had begun making its name as a very nice defense. I believe Tomlin has an upside that has yet to be reached and you cant solely judge one season as a D-Coordinator for a team that doesn't have stifling defensive talent (Vikings). While the players love Grimm and Rivera's defense looked unstoppable at the beginning of the season, they're defense hasn't been as stifling as of late, of course given they had key injuries. Right now, I am buying more and more into Tomlin.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast