Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Looked good..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Well we sure caught breaks this weekend. Jacksonville and Cincinnati lost to allow us to hang around for one more week!! We just need to keep taking the win one week at a time thought process and worry about the other teams AFTER we win each week!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

AA ERA
    Well, we finished the season 8-8 but the one thing that makes me the happiest is that we kept the Bengals from going to the playoffs. Nothing like shutting up the Who-Dey fans when the team they hate the most keeps them out of the playoffs. Hopefully Cowher will return and we can have a healthy Big Ben coming into next season.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    See, I am glad to be the spoiler, but very disappointed in the overall season. It would have been one thing if the other teams that beat us would better, but we self-destructed in the first half. IMO, it is unexcusable for the talent that we have and the entire organization ought to be ashamed of their performance this year. To their defense, we did have some injuries but we still beat ourselves in at least 4, if not 5 of our 8 losses. With the exception of the Ravens and maybe the Chargers game, we should have won the rest. I could just puke, knowing that we have a playoff caliber team and laid an egg. As for Cowher, he doesn't want to be there IMO, so if that is the truth, then I say thanks and GREAT job. Lets start preparing for life after Cowher! I blame him more than anyone with the Steeler;s performance this season! But I still bleed Black and Gold!!!!!

AA ERA
    Big Ben lost most of our games for us by throwing picks and giving the other teams offense great field position. I say overall given the predicament the defense was put in so many times during the season, they did very well for the most part. I would like to see Cowher return even though it seems like most of the time during his tenure in Pittsburgh he would have a good season and then come back the next year and blow it. I am sure Whisenhunt will be one of the top candidates for the job if Cowher does in fact decide not to return.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I agree about Big Ben. He pressed too much at the beginning of the year. Trying to make amends, I guess? I still like Cowher, don't get me wrong. i think he is burned out. Whisenhunt I heard he wasn't going to come back next year? Or was it LeBeau? Crap, I can't remember who it was now. I just read that somewhere? I also agree with you about our defense! They did well!

AA ERA
    LeBeau is very doubtful to ever get another coaching job after his tenure in Cincinnati. Very solid defensive mind, just lacked the ability to have a overall system that was successful in every facet of the game. Whisenhunt will be one of the top candidates for several head coaching positions and if Cowher doesn't return, I hope he is one of our top choices.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    If that is true about Whisenhunt, then I agree. I hope Pittsburgh gives him a shot.. I hate to admit it, but if Cowher does not come back, 3 more names for ya (Russ Grimm, Mike Mularkey, and the wild-card here just may be Nick Saban?) I know Saban is considering the 'Bama job, but if the Steelers job opens, he may throw his name into the ring.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by lester88
    Fo Sure
    Fo Sure
    Nationals/Ravens Rule
    We Remember the Legacy of Luther Vandross
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Nati...ionals-sig.jpg

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Well so much for my sleeper of the next possible head coach of the Steelers, Nick Saban. I am not disappointed that he is NOT coming to Pittsburgh. He probably does a better job at the college level anyways.

AA ERA
    Im hoping if the Falcons offer the job to Whisenhunt being that he is scheduled to meet with them tomorrow, he holds out to see if Cowher is coming back. Because if Cowher doesn't return, Whisenhunt is at the top of my list to take over as head coach.

AA ERA
    Bill Cowher is officially stepping down. I am praying that we manage to hire our offensive coordinator Whisenhunt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2720570

AA ERA
    Ron Rivera would most likely be my second choice. He is the Bears defensive coordinator and has done a wonderful job with them and you know how we love our defense here in the Steel City.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Rivera is an excellent choice. He would already have the type of players to have a great defense, and as you stated, the Steelers love the "D"!!! Nice suggestions, maybe you should give the Steelers front office a jingle and suggest that to them!!! WHisenhunt would be a good option also!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Rivera is an excellent choice. He would already have the type of players to have a great defense, and as you stated, the Steelers love the "D"!!! Nice suggestions, maybe you should give the Steelers front office a jingle and suggest that to them!!! WHisenhunt would be a good option also!
    I'd love too, you have the front office's phone number? lol... But, in all honesty, the more I think about it I am tending to favor Rivera but I really like Whisenhunt for reasons that he knows our system and most likely would keep LeBeau on as defensive coordinator so in essence our defense and offense would be very familiar to what we had under Cowher.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    well, I like both options!!! Isn't Whisenhunt heading to Atlanta? I am hearing that it is just about a done deal.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast