Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Looked good..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Oh yeah, it was Palmer that put up a beautiful 60+ yard pass that beat your vaunted defense in the playoff game before Kimo von CheapShot took out Palmer's knee. I guess Bill Coward will resort to anything in order to win.

You know if van Cheap Shot wasnt rolling like a tumbleweed and accidentially landed on Palmers knee then this would be a valid statement. This coming from a neutral party. I dont even think he knew Palmer was still standing there at the time considering his back was turned to Palmer.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Ok here it is about OUR steelers:

1.) It is a better showing than their 0-4 preseason
    2.) I like the Packers because of Favre, didnt like the team at all pre-Farve days, so not a band wagon fan..
    3.)Heath Miller was out of bounds, and I was screaming at the TV atGardocki and Reed taking their sweert ars kicker time getting the Extra point off before Saban got a chance to review... Cause they would have overturned the call... By officiating there, I admit..
    4.) No, the Steelers fumbling first and goal, NOT GOOD.. LOTS of choice words flying there by me too...
    5.) Bengals will gie the Steeler s a run for their $$$$ this year again!!! I agree... But only if Palmer stays healthy, I must admit, he has turned out to be a better QB thatn I first gave him credit for!!!!
    6.) that was not a cheap shot on Palmer in the playoffs. Bengals fans, even Palmer said it wasnt... It was unfortunate yes, but cheap, NO..... Unfortunately injuries are part of the game....

But all in all, a win is a win, and in the parity of the NFL, I will take any win that I can by the Steelers!!!

MLB ERA
    I had a placed a bet on Pitt last week they were given a -4.5 thats before Rothlessberger's surgery, so it went down to -1. but i had to keep the 4.5 couldn't change it.

When there up 21-17 and they missed that FG(or whatever happened) i was like "****ers" lol next play Porter interception return for a TD, soo wooo hooo my ticket is still alive!!!

AA ERA
    Willie Parker will be a very good back because he has both speed and power. Plus Bettis taught him alot last year, mentored him. The Steelers system is that similar to the Broncos, they can take a RB and make them look like Pro Bowlers.

The Bus will be missed, he was our big goal line back as well as a emotional leader. But, the Steelers rely on their defense, that's their back bone and Willie Parker WILL, as long as he remains healthy, rush again for over 1,000 yards.

The Palmer vs. Roethlisberger will be a good matchup for years to come and a very competitive one. And one I look forward to watching every season but the whole "Who Dey" thing has gotta go, yall have been using that since you all were getting your asses kicked over numerous years, now that you all have a good team, don't you think its time to let it go? Think of something more original, because the team you have now is bar none better than any talent they've ever had on the field at once, and yes better than their '82 and '89 teams that went to the Super Bowl to lose to the 49ers.

I love Marvin Lewis, one of the best defensive minds in the game and he deserves ALL the credit for turning that franchise from the laughing stock of the league, to a respectible franchise once again.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    Oh yeah, it was Palmer that put up a beautiful 60+ yard pass that beat your vaunted defense in the playoff game before Kimo von CheapShot took out Palmer's knee. I guess Bill Coward will resort to anything in order to win.
    are you STILL whining about that? jeez.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Steelers signed Najah Davenport today to be their short yardage back... I think he a good job..

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Ok here it is Steelers are an OK team with a Mediocre Offense

and one if not The Best Defenses

Ben is a bit overrated but he showed some promis to prove that wrong in the game against the broncos in the playoffs last year

Your defense won the super bowl
    your defense won against miami
    you got nothing close to a great RB anymore
    two good WR's
    lets see how well Ben does now that he has to be the sole offensive attak

C you there
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    "OUR" Steelers, lol. Very happy to see another Steelers fan on S3F, it's bad enough having to listen to the "Who Dey" ranting lol.
    oh yeah

WHO DEY?

AA ERA
    Like I have said before, in the Steelers offensive system we don't need a "great" back, ours is very similar to that of Denver's, give us just about anyone and we can allow them to have a 1,000 yard season. Willie Parker is not great... yet. He has all the potential to be a very solid one at the least, he has both speed and power. Keep in mind, he is compared very closely to Rudi Johnson in terms of the type of runner he is, so to bash him might also mean you are condemning Rudi. Big Ben was one of the best QB's statistically in the playoffs leading up to the super bowl. Also, up until he got knee surgery he had the best passer rating in the league with Palmer following closely behind last season. So, in all honesty, don't sell Ben short. I'm not by any means saying he is better than Palmer, but he's certainly not too far behind as many Bengals fans would convince themselves he is.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Defense wins in the NFL... I will take my chances.. Cincinnati's defense is opportunistic.. They do create a lot of turnovers, but they come in bubchs. Like 5 INTS against Chicago's Kyle Orton.... You can not rely on getting turnovers every game. They are improving and Cincy is a lot like Indy a couple of yers ago... They need to win in a shootout... They definitely have the offensive fore power.. Palmer is quickly becoming one of the best QB's in football... But again, stats usually don't win Super Bowls.... Unless they are defensive stats... Steelers are going to be in most games just for that reason... So, I am totally excited to see how the season turns out.. Just as long as teh darn Cowboys don't win the Super Bowl. My least favorite team in sports with my least favorite player on it now. We all know who it is too, right T.O....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I like the schedule strength of the Steelers this year... They have their hands full tonight against the Jaguars.. They always seem to find a way against the Steelers.... It has been a hard hitting game this far.. Jags offense is clicking a tad bit better than the Steelers offense is... Big Ben's first real action of the year.. He does look a tad rusty. But the defense is looking pretty good as usual... We will see how the game progresses...

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!

AA ERA
    Great defensive duel in the first half... Both defenses are swarming the ball. This ought to be a game that goes down to the wire.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

It is very possible that a FG could win the game... I love Cowher, but he gets a little goofy with his play calling in the 2nd half quite often, I hope he stays within his game plan and doesnt get crazy with the play calling.. Stick with what is working... The Jaguars are a good team and they have seen Pittsburgh on several occasions, since they use to play twice a year. This schedule that Pittsburgh is playing is going to make themplayoff ready since everyone will give them their best effort being CHAMPS and all...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

steelers down 3-0 in 3rd Qtr.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Jax 6-0 late 4th qtr.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast