Thread: Little League Article

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Little League Article

Source

I really suggest that you read this article. It brings up a point thats even more insane than the non-paid College Players in NCAA. It caught my eye when I read it its a really good article.

to Dan Wetzel for this article.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Rookie ERA
    little league and acting are different, acting is way more of a commitment than little league. I think they should only televise the championship and round before the championship. These kids get huge egos over the fact that they're on tv. I heard that Harold Reynolds was talking to a kid a couple years ago and the kid cut him off mid sentence and said "Hold on, I gotta do sportscenter." They don't need to televise EVERY game.

Here's a story I liked:
    http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps...73254745651560

http://img270.imageshack.us/img270/2...tupusig7jd.jpg

Ken Griffey Jr. Career Home Runs: 562

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No way little leaguers should get paid. Wetzel is crazy and so are you Porter.

MLB ERA
    Getting paid has disaster written all over it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    No way little leaguers should get paid. Wetzel is crazy and so are you Porter.
    Not Necessarily paid DK. Just have money in a Scholarship Fund or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wetzel
    Or maybe the money could be put into college savings accounts, or bonds that can’t be redeemed until the children are 18.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    To me this is just an example of how out of control baseball and professional sports has become. Why did they move the fences out 20 feet this year? Because they know how advanced the LL game has become due to scouts, traveling, etc..and the year round teams that tour the USA.

This is not LL baseball. This is not the game I played in the 60's and 70's. These kids are advanced. These kids are WAY beyond anything that was around in my time.

Did anyone see that 250#, 6'8" kid from Saudi? That is not typical of a LL kid.

Did you catch those little brats, giving us the what for in the TV camera? Too much, and SO NOT what this game is about.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Source

I really suggest that you read this article. It brings up a point thats even more insane than the non-paid College Players in NCAA. It caught my eye when I read it its a really good article.

to Dan Wetzel for this article.

I agree with you Porter, good find