Thread: Nets need to dump Jason Kidd

AA ERA

Nets need to dump Jason Kidd

The first order of business that Rod Thorn has to do this summer is to dump Jason Kidd. That's a must IMO. It's time to dump him and get something good while his value is up. There are couple of teams that can use a Jason Kidd. Denver could use him to get them over the hump in the first round. Denver got some good young players that they can deal in Nene and Andre Miller. That's a good deal for both sides. Nets get younger with those two and Denver can get a veteran that can be a good leader to Carmelo Anthony. Most importantly, Jason would be happy. San Antonio would be a good destination too for Kidd and the Nets can benefit with Tony Parker. Plus it gives the Nets exposure with Tony Parker as Tony's girlfriend, Eva Longeria would make the trek to NJ. I think the Nets can still be a contender in the East if they get something good in return for Kidd.

There is no reason for Kidd to be here. It's time for him and the organization to move on. Nets got the best out of Jason Kidd and they would be hard-pressed to expect more. Kidd did not have a great year IMO this year and it clearly showed in the playoffs. His knees are not very good. He is running like he is 60 years old as you saw in the playoffs. You know the saying about how it's better to trade a player now before it's too late. Well Kidd can't be keeping this up for long not with that knees. Rod Thorn has gotta be fed up with Kidd's act. I know I would. Kidd's act has been tiring since he came here. First, he whined and moaned about coming here which he wasn't happy. Second, he whined about the state of NJ and how tough is it to love there. Third, he talked about going to the Spurs a lot in his free agent year. This year, he has whined and moaned about management from training camp to off-season to the season and now after the game. How much can management take? As great as a player Kidd is, this guy is a bad human being. There is a reason why he has been traded a lot in his career. These teams are just tired of his act. He got lot of coaches fired over the years including Byron Scott. He is just a jackass behind the scenes. I know he is pretty rude to the fans here. The guy has become a poison. When everything is great, Jason is great, but when everything goes bad, you find out someone's character and sadly Jason's character is exposed.

Jason is a bad influence IMO and there is no reason to bring him back here anymore. This team went as far as they could with him and this team should try to get something out of him before his trade value goes really down. Nets do no need the trouble anymore. They can be out of the first round with or without him next year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Nets shouldnt keep Jason Kidd. I mentioned this in the Playoff Thread. They should trade him for some younger talent and soon. Hes worn out his welcome in Brooklyn (soon to be that is). Steak basically put into a article what i was going to say in that Playoff Thread so im not really going to go in great detail. But it does make me fell a LITTLE better about Ca$$el and $premore!!! OK so I lied.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Porter: Back in the day when I was a Nets fan, I used to help this guy run a message board called Nets Hoops. I went out of my way to call for the Nets not to bother signing Jason Kidd when he was a FA in 2003. I had enough of him talking about San Antonio that season. It just bothered me. He never seemed happy here no matter the fact the franchise was run by a good GM who is committed to winning and the fact he had endorsements on his way. That wasn't enough. Jason had to do things his way and order Thorn to get his boys in Rodney Rogers and Alonzo Mourning. He also demanded the Nets to fire Byron Scott if the Nets wanted his service. That was it for me. His demand to get Scott fired inspired me to write a thread about how the Nets should let him walk.

Kidd is high maintenance.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Kidd is little miss high maintenance.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Which one is it: Nets need to dump Kidd or Kidd needs to dump the nets? I think when you get down to it, it will be Jason who makes the decision and eventually forces himself out of town. New Jersey needs more young talent. Krstic is a very nice talent. Carter is unpredictable. Jefferson is a very nice talent. Thorn needs to pull off another great trade or have another solid draft class. One or the other, and I'll stop worrying about Jersey's future. But they need to make some kind of move.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Nets need to dump the hell out of the crybaby Kidd.