Thread: realmofo's ramblings

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

realmofo's ramblings

In the year 1999, Nomar Garciaparra was the defending AL Batting Champ, Jeff Kent was the best hitting 2nd baseman, Rafael Furcal stole 96 stolen bases in the minors, J.D. Drew was still touted as a future MVP, and Greg Maddux had a relatively down year with a 3.57 ERA. Now in 2006 they are all fighting for 4th place in the division.

If I start rooting for Phoenix's pro sports team and no one cares, am I still a bandwagon fan?

I don't think Jordan's Bulls would've beaten the 2001-02 UConn women's basketball team. Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Asjha Jones, and Tamika Williams. Oh, and Dee Taurasi as the 5th scoring option.

Elton John and Chicago aren't the same music artist? Wtf?

Carl Pavano won his World Series ring before Pedro Martinez. Tell me again how Duquette ripped off the Expos.

Joe Saunders has a lower ERA this season than Scott Kazmir. In your face, Kazmir knob polishers.

It's too bad Yahoo fantasy baseball didn't exist when Babe Ruth was playing. I guarantee that every league commish would've rigged the draft order prior to the draft.

I'll be the first one to say this so far: The Carolina Panthers will not win Super Bowl 41.

Signs of the apocalyse, courtesy of the NBA: Elgin Baylor won the Executive of the Year Award, 5'9" Nate Robinson won the Slam Dunk Contest, J-Double White Chocolate is a championship point guard, and Isiah Thomas still hasn't been canned.

If cocaine never existed, the Bulls would have never won all those championships.

> Raptors — Traded Tracy McGrady to Magic for conditional first round pick (2005 #11-Fran Vazquez) on 8/3/00

Scarface is so overrated. The battle scene at the end should've lasted over 30 minutes.

I'm curious about DirtyKash's use of "we" in some of his posts.

Was General's reaction to the Braves blowing a 6-0 lead to the Yankees in Game 4 of the 1996 World Series like this: "****in Wohlers! Mother****er gives up a 3-run shot! And to Jim mother****in Leyritz! Leyritz is a Beast! General <3 Leyritz.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    We think that this was some solid rants. Were you drunk when you wrote these?

I think that's rep-worthy. Solid ranting, mate.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    since when are you Australian 9ENERAL? Bob's your uncle

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    We think that this was some solid rants.
    Thanks, you guy..guys..and gal, gals?
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Were you drunk when you wrote these?
    If I were I would've forgotten to add the 's' to Edit by Lynch: You do not mention TC's site here and the rant would've ended up there on Crow was here.

Hey, I will not have censorship here!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1987.html

The five starters for the Celtics averaged over 35 minutes a game. Dusty Baker didn't end a dynasty due to mishandling of players like K.C. Jones did.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    35 minutes a game is nothing compared to 120 pitches a game

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Prior and Wood throw 120 pitches when they are healthy. Kevin McHale played 35 minutes a game on a busted ankle.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Prior and Wood also throw 120 pitches when they're not healthy

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    In light of the sabermetric revolution in Major League Baseball, it is not inconceivable that statistical analysis can carry over to other professional sports, most notably, the National Basketball Association.

Sabermetrics can attempt to answer objective questions about basketball, such as "Which player on the Charlotte Bobcats contributed the most to the team's offense?" or "How many points per game will Kobe Bryant average next year?" It cannot deal with the subjective judgments which are also important to the game, such as "How many women did Wilt Chamberlain actually sleep with over his lifetime?"

I've even come up with an basketball version of the Moneyball formula: get players who ring up high field goal percentages and don't turn the ball over.