Thread: Tour de France winner Floyd Landis fails drug test.

MLB ERA

Tour de France winner Floyd Landis fails drug test.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    well, considering this IS cycling and their abuse problem is worse than MLB's by a large margin, i cannot say i am stunned by this. i mean, they booted like 50 riders even before the race started.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Before Landis is completely condemned, his backup sample will need to be tested and additional tests will also be conducted. It would be a crime if the drug test (for testosterone/epitestosterone) was positive due to a mistake or worse - tampering.

MLB ERA
    Cheating at riding a ****ing bike!? Mwauhahahqahaha

What's next. Steroids in badminton?!

Lynch. Ever ride a bike? Ever ride a bike more than a mile? Ever ride 100+ miles over mountainous terrain only to do it again the next day and the next and the next for 23 days? Ever get the opportunity to make million in prize money and endorsement contracts?

Didn't think so. There is a lot of money at stake in Professional Bicycle Racing. In Europe, Bicycle Racers are as reveared as football, basketball and baseball players are in the US. The Tour de France is equivalent to the Super Bowl and World Series put together and it last for a month. Like any sport where millions are at stake, performance enhancing drugs are used to elevate a rider's ability to ride grueling 125+ mile stage after stage after stage .... Drug use in bicycle racing has gotten out of hand, not unlike steroid abuse in MLB. The IBC is working hard to clean up their sport.

No. I do not condone the illegal use of drugs in Bicycle racing or any sport.

Where there is big money at stake, regardless of the sport, there will always be cheaters. Professional bike racing is a major sport in Europe. Think before you stick your foot in your mouth.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Cheating at riding a ****ing bike!? Mwauhahahqahaha

What's next. Steroids in badminton?!
    Riding a bike hundreds of miles over all sorts of terrain is easier said than done.

M's fan to the fullest
    AA ERA
    I hope he turns out negative.

MLB ERA
    Doesn't Landis look almost like Steve Zahn from Saving Silverman/National Security?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman
    Lynch. Ever ride a bike?
    Yep

Ever ride a bike more than a mile?
    Yep

Ever ride 100+ miles
    Yep

over mountainous terrain
    Nope, no mountains in MN so if I said I did, I'd be lying. then again, they don't go over/through mountainous terrain either. They ride on highways up and down mountains. Big big difference from going over the "terrain". But of course, as a cyclist yourself, you'd maybe know that.

The Tour de France is equivalent to the Super Bowl and World Series put together and it last for a month.
    There's a slight eggageration if I ever saw one.

Like any sport where millions are at stake, performance enhancing drugs are used to elevate a rider's ability to ride grueling 125+ mile stage after stage after stage
    Tell that to Greg Lemond and numerous other winners of the Tour over the past how many decades.

Drug use in bicycle racing has gotten out of hand, not unlike steroid abuse in MLB. The IBC is working hard to clean up their sport.
    Perhaps they should do testing BEFORE the start of this event that is supposedly bigger than the World Series and the Superbowl combined. Damn, if a moron like me who's never raced over 100 miles of mountains for 23 straight days can figure that out, how the **** can the IBC be doing their jobs and NOT figure it out. "working hard".. haha, sure they are.

Think before you stick your foot in your mouth.
    When I actually DO stick my foot in my mouth, I DO think about it. however that wasn't the case here as it was a humorous jab at biking that obviously went :woosh: right over your widdle head.

MLB ERA
    They test before *and* after each stage, Lynch, I am pretty sure.

MLB ERA
    If they do, that's good (sad that they'd have to but good for the overall events). But, that being said, how did they not find it on this guy until after he won?

MLB ERA
    A lot of things take time to work (and thus, time to show up on drug tests). I know there's at least a few banned substances that take 30 minutes to "kick into gear." We'll know more when we find out a little bit more specifically what his tests showed, which should be fairly soon.

MLB ERA
    He stated in an interview that he natuarly has very high testerone level.