Thread: Bill Walker ruled ineligible

MLB ERA

Bill Walker ruled ineligible

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/5773152

Bill Walker, one of the nation's top high school basketball players, will not be allowed to play this year because he has used up all of his eligibility, state athletic officials said on Monday.

Walker, a native of Huntington, W.Va., played a year as a ninth-grader at Rose Hill Christian in Ashland, Ky., before enrolling at North College Hill as an eighth-grader in February 2003, the association said.

He'll be eligible to be in the 2007 draft now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Actually, he won't be eligible for the draft. IIRC, the NBA age limit states that the player must be one year removed from his graduating class in order to be eligible for the NBA. He has to wait another year on top of this one in order to go pro.

Of course, he could always go international.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    He'll be 19 & 1 year removed from HS. You don't have to graduate to enter either the NBA or NFL draft, just 1 year out of HS.

But if you're right, he would go to the NBA Developmental League before Europe.

His teammate, OJ Mayo, will also be 19. But will have to spend a year in college before he gets to the NBA.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    According to the NBA, you DO have to graduate.
    rf28

AA ERA
    Otherwise do a nationwide tour making tons of money .
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    Sign a shoe deal.

I think he's probably more likely to go to a prep school than to the NBDL. Unfortunately.

What I would love to see is when the NBA expands the NBDL to more teams, make it like minor league baseball. There will be no need for an age limit then. And all the good players will go there instead of NCAA.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Sign a shoe deal.

I think he's probably more likely to go to a prep school than to the NBDL. Unfortunately.

What I would love to see is when the NBA expands the NBDL to more teams, make it like minor league baseball. There will be no need for an age limit then. And all the good players will go there instead of NCAA.
    Why pay the players when you got a free minor league system in NCAA already in place? You dont have to worry about minor leagues and everything just send them to (insert college/university here) let them work on the basics. That is why you haven't seen the NBDL grow more than it has cause there isn't a need for it.

Plus last time I checked the rosters are much smaller in basketball (13x30=390 players) while baseball has like 560 and even more if you count those called up in September or during Spring Training when most teams have in excess of 70!!!

Before anyone brings up football, the amount of torture they put their bodies through doesn't favor a minor league system because by the time you hit the pros you would have already used up most of your ability and time just to get there.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    I think players will get more around the clock training in the NBDL, than they ever could in college. And why play for free, when you are good enough to get paid for it?

MLB ERA
    Because the NBDL barely pays anything, and the NCAA pays much better than you think.

MLB ERA
    And shoe companies pay more than the NCAA.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    But if you blow out a knee, 1 year of college is better than no years of college.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Bill Walker ruled ineligible

So, any shoe deals for a brother who gets his layup swatted away by Wally Szczerbiak?

JVG: "I want the list of 159 [players] and if anybody's on there more than once, they should be banned from the NBA."