Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: B-Roth in Motorcycle Accident

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Barring brain damage, the knees are going to be what ultimately can **** up his career. I think many athletes have been able to come back with jaw problems, so... I'm not sure about football, I'm speaking from other sports POV's.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Kerry Collins to Pittsburgh?

That sounds like the best fit if Ben is out.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I don't think so.
    Ted

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I decided to move this topic to this forum since we're talking about Ben's incident.

MLB ERA
    Wow, they're ****ed.

I hope it's not serious, but it doesn't look good.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Wow, they're ****ed.

I hope it's not serious, but it doesn't look good.
    actually, the way things are shaking out, it looks like it may only be a 7 week injury as those "serious" knee injuries arent much more than scrapes/lacerations and nothing to do with the joint areas.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    A helmet would have prevented the jaw injury, sinus cavity injury, the cut on the back of his head, and his teeth getting knocked out, IF it was a full helmet with face protection and all. The knee damage was unavoidable.
    Nevermind the fact that he would have had some injuries prevented in this case, that's just this case.... what if he would've been thrown head first into a tree?

He better be damn lucky that didn't happen.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    of course, none of this happens if the driver hadnt screwed up.
    which is why i'll never ride a motorcycle, helmet or no helmet.

Car + Motorcycle = Car wins.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Especially a car running a red light. (if that report turns out to be true)

I hate even driving a car.
    Ted

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    which is why i'll never ride a motorcycle, helmet or no helmet.

Car + Motorcycle = Car wins.
    i have never driven a motorcycle and the last time i was on one, i had to ride with my sister when she was still living in the states 2 years ago. it was kinda cool, but we were only on side streets going like 25-30 mph and she stalled it twice. lol
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

AA ERA
    Big Ben in serious condition after motorcycle accident

Roethlisberger was riding this motorcycle when he collided with an automobile in Pittsburgh on Monday morning.

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers star Ben Roethlisberger, the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship, broke his jaw and nose in a motorcycle crash Monday in which he was not wearing a helmet.

Roethlisberger was in surgery for much of the afternoon and into the evening, but was out of surgery as of 9:30 p.m. ET. There was no post-op update on his condition.

Roethlisberger was in serious but stable condition earlier Monday afternoon, said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma at Mercy Hospital.

The player's agent, Leigh Steinberg, described the injuries to The Associated Press and said he did not know if there was further damage.

"He was talking to me before he left for the operating room," Jones said before the operation. "He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened. He knows where he is. From that standpoint, he's very stable."

ESPN.com's John Clayton has confirmed that Roethlisberger also suffered a 9-inch laceration to the back of his head, has lost or chipped a number of teeth and has minor injuries to his knees from hitting the pavement. A plastic surgeon has been called in.

Roethlisberger's mother, Brenda, was crying as she arrived at the hospital. Roethlisberger's father and sister were also at the hospital.

Steelers coach Bill Cowher cut short his vacation to return to Pittsburgh, and was at the hospital by the time Roethlisberger was out of surgery.

Steelers president Art Rooney said the team was "encouraged by the early reports from the medical team" at the hospital.

"I am sure Ben knows that we are praying for his complete recovery," he said.

The 24-year-old Roethlisberger was without a helmet, police said. He has said he likes to ride without one, a habit that once prompted a lecture from Pittsburgh coach Bill Cowher.

Roethlisberger's contract does not have a specific clause regarding riding a motorcycle, Clayton confirmed.

Roethlisberger was between radio interviews and on his black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa -- a large, racing-style bike -- and heading toward an intersection on the edge of downtown. A silver Chrysler New Yorker traveling in the opposite direction took a left turn and collided with the motorcycle, and Roethlisberger was thrown, police said.

The other car was driven by a 62-year-old woman, police said. They didn't immediately release her name and no charges were filed.

Witness Sandra Ford was waiting at a bus stop when she said she saw the motorcycle approach. Seconds later, she said she heard a crash, saw the motorcyclist in the air and ran toward the crash scene.

"He wasn't moving and I was afraid that he had died. ... He wasn't really speaking. He seemed dazed but he was resisting the effort to make him stay down," said Ford, who didn't realize the motorcyclist was Roethlisberger.

Police spokesman Lt. Kevin Kraus said police and homicide units were investigating the crash, something standard when there is an accident with critical injuries. Kraus would give no details on the extent of Roethlisberger's injuries or if anyone else was injured.

The accident occurred on Second Avenue near the intersection of 10th Street in Pittsburgh, around 11:30 a.m. The route is one often taken in traveling to the Steelers' facility in the Southside section of the city.

Several teammates, including backup quarterback Charlie Batch, linebacker Joey Porter and safety Mike Logan, arrived at the hospital emergency room but did not comment.

A silver Chrysler New Yorker with damage to the front passenger fender was removed and Roethlisberger's bike was loaded onto a flatbed truck. Police were detouring traffic around the crash scene as onlookers and media gathered.

Paint outlines puddles of oil and blood on the street where Roethlisberger collided with an automobile while riding a motorcycle on Monday.

One of his agents, Ryan Tollner, was en route to Pittsburgh for what was supposed to be a pre-planned trip and was to arrive later Monday.

In only his second year in the NFL, Roethlisberger became the youngest quarterback to lead a team to the Super Bowl championship. He was 23 when he did it last February.

In May 2005, Cowher warned him about safe riding after Cleveland tight end Kellen Winslow Jr. was injured in a motorcycle accident. Winslow tore knee ligaments and was lost for the season.

Roethlisberger has said in the past that he prefers not to wear a helmet when riding his motorcycle. Roethlisberger has pointed out Pennsylvania's 35-year-old state law requiring helmets to be worn was amended in September 2003 to make helmets optional.

"He talked about being a risk-taker and I'm not really a risk-taker. I'm pretty conservative and laid back, but the big thing is to just be careful," Roethlisberger said at the time. "I'll just continue to be careful. I told him we don't ever ride alone, we always ride in a group of people, and I think it makes it even more safe."

Roethlisberger continued to ride after Winslow's accident and that angered Terry Bradshaw, who quarterbacked the Steelers to four Super Bowl victories during the 1970s.

Visiting the Steelers' training camp last summer, Bradshaw remarked: "Ride it when you retire."

AA ERA
    Report: Roethlisberger didn't have motorcycle license
    Ben Roethlisberger might have been riding without a license to drive a motorcycle when he was involved in an accident Monday.

Pittsburgh television station KDKA reported Tuesday that police are checking whether the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback had a license.

Sources told the TV station that Roethlisberger had a license to operate a car but has never had a Pennsylvania motorcycle license.

Roethlisberger had a learner's permit to operate a motorcycle that expired March 29 but had never taken the written and driving tests for a motorcycle license, a source told KDKA.

Pittsburgh police spokeswoman Tammy Ewin told the station that police would "have no comment on licensing issues" until after the accident investigation.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    All I have to say is... NICE MOVE, JACKBALL!
    rf28

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123