Thread: You Have to be joking...

MLB ERA

You Have to be joking...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060525/...all_blowouts_1
    Code:
    High school football coaches in Connecticut will have to be good sports this fall — or risk a suspension. 
    The football committee of the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, which governs high school sports, is adopting a "score management" policy that will suspend coaches whose teams win by more than 50 points.

A rout is considered an unsportsmanlike infraction and the coach of the offending team will be disqualified from coaching the next game, said Tony Mosa, assistant executive director of the Cheshire-based conference.
    And so continues the slow death of COMPETITIVE sports in schools. Next thing you know they are going to require that everybody play so that nobody gets their feelings hurt...

What if its a rival game and its getting ugly like 49-0 what happens if the team trailing decides to be an arse and take a safety knowing the coach is suspended? This is a stupid rule and I pray everyday that these idiots never get a hold of football here or at NCAA because that would be going down the road of much sadness as they continue to try and take Competition away from the athletes.

In football the only thing asked of a coach should be A) Pull your starters when the game is well in hand, B) Dont throw the ball. If they do those two things and the team STILL CANT STOP THEM its not that teams fault. You can see when someone is trying to run the score up and theres no definitive line or point spread to assign it. ANyone who has played sports knows when that happens. Too bad these bunch of "Hollier than Thou" blue bloods think they know more than the people who actually play the game.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Let me post reference this by saying I played High School soccer and my school never won more than 8 games in any season of soccer and usually lost handly.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I only played baseball in high school. They had a 10 run mercy rule after 5 innings...the only problem was that the rule wasn't used in the playoffs. We beat a team by 20 runs my junior year. boo hoo for them...they were a private catholic school that recruited players and we were a public school who actually lost some kids to them...so screw them

MLB ERA
    This would be fine if it were a "The game ends once a team scores 49 points" rule or something.

But it's ****ing stupid to punish them for it

MLB ERA
    How many times does a team win by 50 or more, anyways?

MLB ERA
    why don't they just make a new division for teams that consistently get crushed like that...they can call it the "cupcake division"

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    This should be forever known as "The Make the Losers Feel Better About Themselves" rule.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    screw that, I say they just stop keeping score all together.

Afterall, Competitive sports are not supposed to be about competition

LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, lets make it like tee ball!
    rf28

As a history teacher of mine says, if your looking for self esteem, don't come to my class.

I agree with that, and as someone whose family has coached nearly everything, and especially a history with football, this is stupid. Your not teaching these kids anything by being "good sports." The business and professional world is not filled by "good sports" nor is everything "fair" where "everyone wins." Sure, your making these kids feel good, but at what cost? Will they all live with their parents when they are 40, because life wasn't fair?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz
    Will they all live with their parents when they are 40, because life wasn't fair?
    No. Just you.

MLB ERA
    apparently, high school baseball here does have the 10 run rule in the playoffs now...I'm sure someone *****ed and cried so they changed it.