• Cardinals

0 0%
  • Cardinals

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best NFL Draft

Best NFL Draft

Pick

Well, I don't think it's much of a choice in this poll.

I have to give the best draft to Cleveland and SF. There are some other teams who have done good. But SF and Cleveland have really done well so far and they are setting their teams in the right path.

MLB ERA
    Easy to have a good draft when you're in the top ten of every round.

Cleveland's draft sucked ass.

Arizona, Dallas, Baltimore, Carolina had great drafts. A few others I am forgetting did too. Arizona & Dallas drafted a bunch of potential starters. Carolina's draft scares me. They finally drafted a LB who can shut Vick down.

MLB ERA
    Vick wore #7, Carr wore #8, Palmer wore #9, Eli wore #10, Smith will wear #11.. Freaky streak.

Leinart will probably wear #11, Leak #12? Heh, craziness.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Niners had a really good draft, potentially.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

The Packers got a steal in Rodgers, 2 Cornerbacks, 2 Recievers, and some defense, we did very well for the picks we had.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by PacMan
    The Packers got a steal in Rodgers, 2 Cornerbacks, 2 Recievers, and some defense, we did very well for the picks we had.

First off, I have no clue why you are laughing at what PacMan said. When they had a great draft, and have gotten a great young QB who they can groom for post Favre.

Anyways, I hope you were just joking around about what you said with how Cleveland's draft "sucked ass." They had a great draft in getting the best WR, arguably, in the draft. They got a starting safety out of their 2nd round pick. They got a future QB in Charlie Frye in the 3rd round. They added some more depth with there other picks. Cleveland had a great draft.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    I don't understand whats so funny...

Rodgers was picked in some mocks to be selected in the first pick of the draft, and we got him with the 24th pick, which is amazing. The Packers need all the defensive help we can get, so all those defensive players will hopefully help. The 2 recievers shocked me a bit but I'm not complaining, they can grow to be studs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They got the steal in Rodgers. But they didnt address what they needed the most. Defense for this season...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Low marks: Drafting Rodgers for value is nice, but the Packers fell apart after that. Second-rounder Nick Collins was a big reach and is going to take a year or two to develop when Green Bay needs defensive help right now. Wide receiver Terrence Murphy is a good value pick that makes almost no sense for a team that doesn't need receivers. Some teams had fourth-round safety Marviel Underwood slotted as a seventh-round pick or an undrafted free agent. The Packers got zero immediate defensive help and possibly not a single 2005 starter in this draft. That's rough with three picks in the top 58.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Did you see yahoo's mock draft? I don't believe a thing they say after I saw that.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PacMan
    Did you see yahoo's mock draft? I don't believe a thing they say after I saw that.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3566524

MLB ERA
    1. Green Bay's defense sucks.
    2. Green Bay drafted a QB.

What the hell? They needed defense, and came away with a QB, some receivers, and some bum defenders. That is a terrible draft for the Packers, IMO.

And GoYankees, maybe Cleveland's draft didn't suck ass, but with them picking so high in each round, they should have done better. I am one of those who feel Edwards is very similar to Terrell, and the Pool pick. They drafted Sean Jones last year, and he plays the same position. That one made no sense to me. I thought the Frye pick was good value in the third, but they should have got more out of their first two picks IMO.

MLB ERA
    I don't know about the rest of Green Bay's draft, but drafting Rogers was an excelent move. Do you think Favre's going to be around for that much longer? My money says he retires after this season. The only reason he hasn't retired yet is because he's desperate for one more ring, otherwise he'd already be gone. They aren't that great and I doubt they win the superbowl, or even make it for that matter, but they're good enough that Green Bay will NOT get a top 10 pick next year, and therefore it would've been stupid of them to pass on Rogers as Favre's successor after he slipped that far, defensive needs be damned.

All that aside, no love for San Diego? The only questionable move they had was drafting a running back in the 4th, but he should make a good return man from what I understand, which is something we desperately needed. Well, that and drafting an "admitted steroid user" but the media's blowing that one WAY out of proportion. Sure he admited to using the roids, but it's not like he's been using them his whole life in order to be bulked up and play. It was a one time stupid mistake to heal quicker from an injury in order to be ready for the combines. He's even manning up to it, he's stated, through his agent, that he wants a clause added to his contract that if he tests positive for roids again he loses his ENTIRE signing bonus.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    San Diego had a very good draft, too. I wonder how that big WR they picked up will pan out, he seems like a project, but SD won't be depending on him for early production so that's good, less pressure on him.

I wish Atlanta would have drafted Castillo. Stupid McKay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast