0 0%
  • Cardinals

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    1. Green Bay's defense sucks.
    2. Green Bay drafted a QB.

What the hell? They needed defense, and came away with a QB, some receivers, and some bum defenders. That is a terrible draft for the Packers, IMO.

And GoYankees, maybe Cleveland's draft didn't suck ass, but with them picking so high in each round, they should have done better. I am one of those who feel Edwards is very similar to Terrell, and the Pool pick. They drafted Sean Jones last year, and he plays the same position. That one made no sense to me. I thought the Frye pick was good value in the third, but they should have got more out of their first two picks IMO.
    Edwards is nothing like Terrel. I think Edwards has some problems with dropping the ball, but other than that he had a great senior year. There wasn't a better pick they could've done at the 3rd choice. Cleveland's GM Savage is a genious, and Crennel has been around some great people. I think if Edwards was going to be anything near Terrell that Savage and Co. would've sensed it, and not taken him. Sean Jones was injured all of last season, and there may be some question if he'll be back at 100%. Not to mention this is a new era for Cleveland. Crennel runs a different time of defense then the previous coaching staff, and they may find that Pool fits into that defense more than Sean Jones. Crennel may just not like Jones style. There could be numerous of reasons why they took a top safety in the 2nd round. They deserve an A as a draft grade.

To tell you truthfully, I don't know much about Packers or needs. But I do call there draft succesful just because of the fact they got Rodgers. He was a great steal. Now, I found a lot of teams take stretchers in the draft. I don't know what was up with that, but it could've been a sign of a weak draft class. Will they pan out, maybe or maybe not. You have to trust that these GMs, Front Office, Coaches know what they are doing. They have scouts, and they spend months scouting these kids. We are just fans at most, and at best we can only educate ourselves about these players through articles or watching them in games. We have to watch them play out on the field. Out of 10 pciks for the Packers, they took 6 defensive players. Ya, not all fo them will pan out. But I think Ted Thompson is a smart guy and he knows what he is doing. So, you just have to sit back and watch these kids play. Packers draft wasn't the worst, and maybe they could've done better. But I think Packer fans should be very happy right now with a decent draft.

MLB ERA
    Arizona had the best draft, by quite a large margin.

After that, Dallas/Cleveland/Cincinnati/a few other teams fall into second.

Green Bay had a horrible draft; they come in with huge defensive inadequacies, and come out with a QB, 2 WRs, and a bunch of late round defensive players who will amount to virtually nothing.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Arizona had the best draft, by quite a large margin.

After that, Dallas/Cleveland/Cincinnati/a few other teams fall into second.

Green Bay had a horrible draft; they come in with huge defensive inadequacies, and come out with a QB, 2 WRs, and a bunch of late round defensive players who will amount to virtually nothing.
    Just curious, but do you say that those late round picks will amount to nothing soley because they're late round picks? Because I can throw out names like Rodney Harrison to counter that remark.

I'm not a Packer fan btw, in fact I kinda dislike them
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Nothing to say they won't.

It's just a likelihood thing. The players GB picked were less talented and have less potential than a lot of players they could have picked (had they not taken Terrance Murphy in the 2nd round for some inexplicable reason... yeah, let's draft a 4th WR when we've got HUUUGE holes on the defensive side!)

I could rattle off thousands of late round picks who did nothing for every handful that succeeded; that's why I say it's a matter of "is it likely they succeed or likely they fail."

Arizona had a decent draft. I'm going to have to wait and see about JJ Arrington. Maybe he'll be a decent back, cause his 2004 stats were pretty impressive. There's just something about him that I feel like he won't do good.

MLB ERA
    JJ Arrington's probably put into a nice position to succeed in Arizona... they have a big pounding back in Marcel Shipp to go alongside him and split carries, whereas JJ is a speed-oriented runner who tries to just blaze by people. Behind that massive OL (which... well... they should finally be able to act as a good, cohesive unit because most of them are pretty talented, just haven't had much success yet... and even if they fail, their average weight is a good 340 pounds, so that's helpful), and with having a thunder/lightning backfield situation, plus the great wideouts on the team, he's been given his best NFL chance to succeed unless he went to Denver.

Do you think he was a better choice over acquiring Travis Henry? I have my own opinions on that. But it would be nice to see what a Cardinal fan says.

MLB ERA
    Not a Cardinals fan, haha. I just... know a lot more about them than I should.

Buffalo shot themselves in the foot on the Travis Henry thing. Once they didn't accept Arizona's offer and hunted around for other offers, Arizona was essentially committed to not doing that deal, then when the only thing Buffalo got as an offer afterwards was a 3rd round pick from Philadelphia, Buffalo realized it ****ed up tremendously, but it was too late to go back because Arizona was already in the mindset to take Arrington.

As for whether Arrington or Henry would be a better pick... it would have cost LJ Shelton, the best OT the Cards have (assuming Lenard Davis is playing at guard... they move that guy around so much he could be playing at FB for all I know by now)... and it'd hurt their line quite a bit, because whereas Davis and both tackles were strong, with only one tackle and a guard, and the rest of the line being complete unachievers, it'd be difficult for the line to be very uniform and solid... I think Arrington/Shipp + fully intact line will be the better choice than Henry + weakened line.

MLB ERA
    And apparently, of the first round of undrafted rookie signings, the Bengals picked up Ben Wilkerson, who was the third best center in the draft, and is far better than the Central Michigan trash they picked up (no offense to the school, but the center they got from there was crap).

I reiterate the goodness of their draft; Pollack is a great pickup, Thurman was probably tied with Channing Crowder as the best ILB in the draft, and they got some depth at positions that made me happy.

I think Buffal definitely screwed up, but I think they still have the possibility of trading him. I think they are hoping for a 2nd round. Ya, losing Shelton would've hurt the Cardinals. But Henry is proven HB who can gain 1000 yrds and gets TDs. I do think he has a problem fumbling.

If Arrington can pan out and be a good RB for the Cardinals, I think Cardinals may the right decision.

MLB ERA
    2nd round would be difficult to find now... they rejected the offer of LJ Shelton, and the only other offer on the table at ALL was a 3rd rounder from Philly... but that has clearly passed. Henry's stock is at what will probably be his all-time low, and there's no way they'll be willing to trade him right now for a 3rd/4th round pick, but at the same time, when is he ever going to get a chance to build up his value again?

They screwed themselves hard.

I read an article earlier of how Philidelphia is keeping that door open as a possibility for trading for Henry. Maybe Eagles will up their offer to a 2nd round. Or someone who didn't get a RB in the draft will trade a 2nd rounder. I'm not sure, but It will be very weird to see Henry be ina Bills uniform come this season.

MLB ERA
    lol C-omptimist

id have to go with the Packers, they got a young QB that can learn from Farve

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    Vick wore #7, Carr wore #8, Palmer wore #9, Eli wore #10, Smith will wear #11.. Freaky streak.

Leinart will probably wear #11, Leak #12? Heh, craziness.

wow i didnt notcie that, good pick up

Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    lol C-omptimist

id have to go with the Packers, they got a young QB that can learn from Farve
    Can you really determine that Packers had the best draft because all they got was a young QB? Ya, I think Aaron Rodgers has some good talent, but who really knows if all that talent will come out and make Rodgers a great QB. He may just be a bust.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast