Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2nd NFL Draft Day Thread

Official 2nd NFL Draft Day Thread

Well, I think there is a lot of talent still left on the board, and it will be exciting to see where some people go.

Draft starts in 8 minutes. Some teams that I'll be watching out for are 49ers, Patriots, Lions, Browns, and a couple more teams.

I think 49ers have had a great draft. Getting two OL, a talented RB in Gore, and a future star QB in Smith. 49ers are really heading in the right direction.

Cleveland has done a great job so far. When Crennel left my Patriots for a HC job with the Browns. I instantly became a fan of the Browns. Because Crennel is a great guy and a great coach.. Then they have a genious Phil Savage as GM. They got Edwards, Pool, and Frye. 2 starters, and a future QB. Great Draft so far. I expect them to keep it up in the 2nd day.

Well Eagles started off the draft by taking a S from Iowa. Sean Considine, saying he's a smart player. Seems like he'll be a decent safety. When I saw some highlights, he reminded me of a John Lynch for some reason.

Browns took a guy name Perkins CB/Oklahoma. He seems like a smart player who will probably be a decent CB. I have a lot of trust in Crennel, and Savage. So this kid must be good.

Bears take Kyle Orton. Decent pick. Unless Orton just breaks out, I think he'll be at best a decent backup QB. Grossman is still the guy in Chicago.

I'm a Cardinals Freak StlCards4ever515's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Of course Rex Grossman is still the guy in Chicago!

ESPN sucks. It has gone out on me, and it's the only channel that has gone out on my cable.

So, I'm sitting here watching pick by pick with Yahoo! Sports. Some decent players off the board, but I'm surprised Adrian McPherson hasn't been picked yet. He's a talented guy who would be a great pick right now for a team in need of a young QB.

Belichick follows the course in R4, picks James Sanders, hardnosed intelligent safety from Fresno State.

TB acquired Cleveland's Luke McCown for a 6th round pick from what I just saw, I'm so far behind.

Here's a URL on him http://www.collegefootballnews.com/2...mesSanders.htm

Seems like Bellicheck and Co. got a good guy here. I don't think he has any real chance of starting at Safety with Harrison and Eugene Wilson. But he seems like he'll be a good backup, and he'll probably play some special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    TB acquired Cleveland's Luke McCown for a 6th round pick from what I just saw, I'm so far behind.
    Interesting. Thought Cleveland liked McCown. But they really didn't need him after getting Charlie Frye yesterday. Well another pick for Savage and Crennel to pick a decent player.

Looks promising, and the type of guy Bill would take.

I'm just reviewing some picks. Jerome Mathis WR to the Houston Texans seems like a good pick for them. There WR corps really lacks decent recievers after AJ. Mathis is a fast guy who could come in and be the #3 for them.

Does NE really need another QB? I mean ya this guy was a 5th rounder, at best will be a backup QB. But couldn't we of used another position player. Maybe OL, DL, Secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    Does NE really need another QB? I mean ya this guy was a 5th rounder, at best will be a backup QB. But couldn't we of used another position player. Maybe OL, DL, Secondary.
    NE took a QB?

MLB ERA
    screw this thread, where's the "officiak 2nd day" thread?

Seriously though, the Chargers drafted a RB in the 4th, I supose he's gonna be our return guy
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast