Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Official 2nd NFL Draft Day Thread

I'm happy someone took the Harvard QB, I'm a sucker for the Ivy League guys.

I think Jason White isn't that great. I didn't think he was that good in college either.

I wonder who Mr. Irrelavant is going to be this year.

Still, White must feel his pride a bit hurt inside. A guy who barely played in college was taken over him, who was in two national championship games and won a Heisman.

Ya. I'm sure teams will be coming knockin at his door after the draft.

Mr. Irrelevent is: Andy Stokes (TE-William Penn)

MLB ERA
    I'm digging the Bengals draft.

Filled some holes, got some nice talent who dropped mainly due to "character concerns" and other inane BS.

I saw some of the last Mr. Irrelavants over the year. Mike Green S Chicago and J. Finn FB are the only ones I recgonized and both are pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Mr. Irrelevent is: Andy Stokes (TE-William Penn)
    Yep. TE, we have so much talent at TE. He'll probably be a special teams player at best.

Seems like a project type:

SLEEPER

Andy Stokes

William Penn

With 42 receptions, Stokes was among the most prolific tight ends in college football last season. Only Adam Bergen, Alex Smith and Joel Dreessen caught more passes. But no one noticed Stokes' production because it came at the NAIA level. His campus workout stamped him as an NFL prospect with a 4.72 40-yard dash and a 35-inch vertical jump. He has the size (6-4{, 253) and athleticism to play in the NFL.

(The other article I saw basically said that and he needed to play in NFLE)

He does seem like a project. But is he really going to get any playing time with Fauria, Graham, and Ben Watson at the TE position for Pats. Maybe down the road. If Graham, Watson, Fauria end up leaving or retiring. As of right now though, I see him as a special teams player. But you're right he'll probably play in NFL Europe/or be on the Practice Squad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456