Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Official 2nd NFL Draft Day Thread

Yep. Just checked they have the very last pick.

I think they still have their two 7th rounders

According to Sportsline, the NE's 6th rund pick has disappeared

Yeah, they must have traded their 6th round pick in that trade. ESPN says it too.

Raiders get: New England's sixth-round pick (No. 175) and selected DT Antajj Hawthorne.
    Patriots get: Oakland's seventh-round pick (No. 230) and its fifth-round pick in 2006.

and

Packers get: New England's sixth-round pick (No. 195) and seventh-round pick (No. 246).
    Patriots get: Green Bay's sixth-round pick (No. 175), which it quickly traded.

Essentially, they traded a 6th rounder from this year for a 5th rounder in 2006 from what I am seeing (and a swap of 7th rounders).

So, they're up to 10 (?) 2006 picks.

Honestly, this is going to be a boring draft for Pats fans, but the set up for 2006 is nice.

I like it. They are being smart about it and getting picks for next year for when the draft is deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    So, they're up to 10 (?) 2006 picks.

Honestly, this is going to be a boring draft for Pats fans, but the set up for 2006 is nice.
    I don't think it's a very boring draft. We have gotten some decent players.

Just no big names or blockbuster trades, but if they get another Koppen in there, I'll take it.

Looks like NE just traded their pick to GB.

Trying to see what NE got for trading their pick, but can't find the trade

Part of the earlier trade. Sorry, I'm still using crappy Yahoo! Sports.

Well NE just took Matt Cassel QB USC. Must think he's a talented guy, since he didn't start in USC. Probably will roam around, practice squad, NFL Europe maybe.

Anthony Davis goes to Indy. I remember this kid most for being the RB who took over in Wisconsin after Dayne was drafted. I think he's a talented athlete, and should provide depth at the HB position.

Mwhahaha, taking the backup at USC. That has to feel good for him, you don't play much with Leinart/Palmer ahead of you, and you still get drafted over Jason White. I guess the Pats saw something there.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast