Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Officiak NFL Draft Thread

I was talking about earlier, how Tenn. should've taken a WR like Brandon Jones instead of the WR they took. What did they just do? They took Brandon Jones with the 96th pick. Great pick, I think Jones will be a decent WR.

Well, the Pats got Kaczur, a guy I'm happy with

And holy crap, Clarett was drafted! 3rd round!

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Gotta feel sorry for Rams fans. Mike Martz's stupidity in drafting a guy who has anger management problems. Doesn't he remember the days of Lawrence Phillips?

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I'm a Broncos fan, and I'm flabbergasted they drafted him this early. I projected Clarett to be a 5th or 6th rounder.

MLB ERA
    I am torn on Atlanta's draft.

They didn't get any big names or stars, but they did add depth to important positions, bettered the team for the future. Drafted a bunch of good character, overachiever prospects who produced in college. That's what they came in looking for, and that's what they have got so far. Tomorrow should be interesting. I still would like to see a coverage safety drafted, a back up MLB, and a 3rd RB.

I think a lot of people were shocked to see Clarett taken this early. But he went to the best situation that could've happened to him. Broncos may just make him a 1,000 yrd runner too.

Anyways, the 2nd day is upon us, and one kid to watch out for is Adrian McPherson. He's a talented guy, who could very well be a future starting QB for a team.

As a Bengals fan, I love what Marvin Lewis has done.

Pollack is likely going to convert to LB and come in on third downs. Great clubhouse guy, comparable to Peter Boulware.

Odell Thurman gives us ILB depth with the injury to Nate Webster, plus he could provide insurance if we lose Brian Simmons in the offseason.

But the real steal I believe could be Chris Henry. I know a lot of Bengal fans are upset with this pick because it was a WR and because he is a headcase, but its the TO's and Randy Moss's who are the headcases and score the TDs. Marvin has coached Ray Lewis, so I think he knows what he is doing.

Grade-A
    SBSL-Washington Nationals

I'm a Cardinals Freak StlCards4ever515's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckFoston
    With the fourth pick in the NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select Cedric Benson from Texas.
    As a Bears fan I'm not too happy of them taken Cedric Benson, I heard he has a bad character and sometimes he doesnt come to practice, I wanted Williams from USC. I mean the Bears already have a good RB Jones, The Bears needed an WR. And they took a ****ing RB

Quote Originally Posted by StlCards4ever515
    As a Bears fan I'm not too happy of them taken Cedric Benson, I heard he has a bad character and sometimes he doesnt come to practice, I wanted Williams from USC. I mean the Bears already have a good RB Jones, The Bears needed an WR. And they took a ****ing RB

Jones isn't a consistently good RB. There's a reason why he has gone from Arizona to TB to Chicago. He had a good season last season, but he's not a top notch RB. I think the Bears know that. I think Benson has the possibility of being a 1000 yrd TD back that Bears really need. The WR position was deep in this draft and they got a WR in the 2nd round that is going to really good in Mark Bradley. I think Bears have had a great draft, and I expect them to build up on that good first day with a good 2nd day. Not everything you hear is true. Give him a chance to play on the field then start judging him.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678