Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Officiak NFL Draft Thread

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Wasnt Tom Brady a 6th round pick.......
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    the draft is still going on? almost 10 hours...jease...they like to milk it, huh?
    They may go over 10 hours. I wouldn't doubt to see it go till 10:30. Every year I try to get myself to watch a lot of it. But it's a great thing to watch if your sitting at home on Saturday and have nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Wasnt Tom Brady a 6th round pick.......
    Yes he was. There have been players who come out of the 6th round who have been good. But the % of 6th rounders who will ever be good is very small.

AA ERA
    GOYankees: Vikings fans wanted Williams. This guy was going to be the next thing since Moss. I guess the Vikings got scared of his lack of speed and all. I know Williamson's stock was up, but I did not figure the Vikings would go there. That's a quite a risk. Still Scott Studwell and Rod Brzyenski seems to know what they are doing with the draft over the years.

What do you think of the Dolphins decision to go with a RB? I think they need a QB badly.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    GOYankees: Vikings fans wanted Williams. This guy was going to be the next thing since Moss. I guess the Vikings got scared of his lack of speed and all. I know Williamson's stock was up, but I did not figure the Vikings would go there. That's a quite a risk. Still Scott Studwell and Rod Brzyenski seems to know what they are doing with the draft over the years.

What do you think of the Dolphins decision to go with a RB? I think they need a QB badly.
    Ronnie Brown > Aaron Rodgers and maybe even Alex Smith.

Brown is a versatile back and hes actually going to be a better fit in Saban's Offense. He'll he better know hes played against him for 3 years at LSU.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Before Ricky Williams retired. The Dolphins had a decent team with a good offense. They were a team that has the possibility of going to the playoffs.

They needed to replace Ricky, and they need a 1,000 yrd TD rusher in Miami. I think Ronnie Brown is an all around player who will help Dolphins win games. That's what ultimately matters.

Dolphins invested a 2nd round pick into Feeley. I think they are going to try and put a team around him so he has no excuses of not being good. I think Feely @ QB this year, and if worst comes to worst the Dolphins will be selecting a QB early on next years draft.

They made the right choice.

Gotta love drafting a guy with "the third" after his name. Ellis Hobbs III, I have no idea who he is and I can't find anything. If this was Belichick's first year, I'd be very upset, but I know Belichick/Pioli know a LOT more than I do.

My thoughts on 3rd round.

Great pick by Miami with Channing Crowder, this kid is going to be a very good LB in Miami. I think he'll put up some great numbers.

Giants getting big ole Justin Tuck, I think he'll play some in NY. But don't look for him to be a starter quite yet.

Houston taking a fast HB. Huh? Don't get this pick. Earlier before the offseason they said they wanted a big RB who run up the middle. Morency is far from that, and is exactly what they have in Hollings/DD already. Not very fond of this pick, and I hear the uproar in Houston already.

I don't know much about Courtney Roby, Tenn. pick. But from what I've seen of him on the highlights, I think he'll be a bust. I thinkt here is better WR spects left other than Roby. That would be Brandon Jones from Oklahoma.

From the very little I could get on Hobbs, he sounds like a Belichick guy. He's smart (had a 4.8 GPA on a 5 point scale in HS), he's religious (not saying religious is a quality, but usually a strong religious ethic translates to a strong moral base, although not all the time), he's extremely hard working. I like the guy.

From NBC: Hobbs has good football intelligence and works hard, but he doesn't have enough height. Plus, he doesn't have amazing speed, so he will need to be put in the right scheme.

From ESPN about 4 years ago:
    http://espn.go.com/highschool/a/001109god.html

Quote Originally Posted by Fishercat
    Gotta love drafting a guy with "the third" after his name. Ellis Hobbs III, I have no idea who he is and I can't find anything. If this was Belichick's first year, I'd be very upset, but I know Belichick/Pioli know a LOT more than I do.
    I think NE knows what they are doing. I think this guy will help out at the CB position to help replace Law.

Here's a URL on him: Ellis Hobbs

Seems decent. I'll judge him more once he's out on the field.

Thanks for the link.

I love how the ESPN guys simply glossed over him, absolutely nothing.

Pretty obscure, but I like what I am hearing about him, at least with his character/tangibles.

AA ERA
    Watch Ellis Hobbs be a Pro Bowler in two or three years.

GoYankees: Who looked great and who looked bad in the draft today?

I think one team that is really doing well in the draft so far is: Cleveland Browns. They got a Top WR who will do well in Cleveland and provide a good target for Dilfer and then Frye in the future. They landed Pool in the 2nd round. A very good safety who will most likely start for them with the loss of Robert Griffith over the offseason. Then they got one of my favorite guys of the draft, and their future QB in Charlie Frye. Great draft so far. I would've expected nothing less from Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel.

One team that has had a horrible draft, IMHO, is: Houston Texans. At first, I thought Travis Johnson was going to be a good pick for them, from what I was hearing he was going to fit the 3-4 well, help their DL. Then I heard that he had some injury problems, and that he's a troubled guy. I think he has bust written all over him. I think Casserly is losing his touch. They traded their 2nd and 3rd round pick to Oakland for Buchanan. I still think they gave to much. Buchanan didn't last on Raiders for a reason. Then their 3rd round pick, Morency, all I can say is . But hey, atleast I'm not a Houston fan cause I would be really pissed off at how bad the draft has been for them.

AA ERA
    Well Phil Savage did a great job scouting the players as a Ravens scouting director so I am not suprise to see him have success with the Browns.

Love the pick by 49ers to get another OL. Hopefully both of their OL picks this draft pan out. Snyder is a big guy at 6-6, who was a guard but is slated to be a tackle in the NFL. I think 49ers are having a great draft so far, and they really are heading in the right direction.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast