Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texans exchange proposals with Bush, Williams

MLB ERA

Texans exchange proposals with Bush, Williams

In a move that further ratchets up their public stance of indecision over the first pick in the NFL draft, the Houston Texans on Friday exchanged contract proposals with the agents for Southern California tailback Reggie Bush and North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams, ESPN.com learned through multiple league sources.

Source

I wonder who they will choose, I am hopping for Bush.

Williams is a smoke screen. I'm surprised they didn't say they were "exchanging proposals" with Young, Leinart, and Ferguson. Seriously, don't buy into this crap. If Texans were truly smart, they'd trade down and get Ferguson. Or hell, draft Ferguson with the first pick. Ferguson would help the Texans tremendously, a lot more than Bush. Do we really need Bush? Ah no. We have Davis, Morency. Bush would just be a dummy out there, take some coverage away from other people. Ferguson would anchor our left side of the line, and Carr wouldn't have to be worried about being knocked on his ass every play.

MLB ERA
    ^

I think you may be selling Reggie Bush short, but we'll see in a couple years I guess.

He's definitely talented. BPA? Well that's to be decided by everyone for themselves. He's not the right fit for the Texans to tell you the truth. I think he's somewhat overrated. I would be much more happier with Ferguson. But ah well, Kubiak, Casserly, Reeves will do what they will. If they draft Bush, I'll be happy. If they draft another player, I'll be happy. I'm still going to be a fan no matter who they draft. Of course though, we'll see how this draft looks in some years from now. We'll see who truly won and lost.

MLB ERA
    lol I forogt, you are a Texans fan correct? Anyway, yea I agree with I will be happy with who ever they draft.

Ah yah. 777. You remember man? You found me on the Texans message board.

MLB ERA
    Oh yea I remember now. Sigh the memories lol. Anyway becasue I do not follow college fooballt regulary, who is Mario Williams? Sorry if I sound dumb.

Nah. He's a DE from NC St. Compared to Carolina Panthers DE Julius Peppers. Pretty darn good talent, BUT really wouldn't be a fit for the Texans. Especially since Texans are going to go with Babin/Peek at LDE. Weaver @ RDE. Plus Kalu and Deloach to provide depth. Really don't see any room for DE. Or atleast DE is not a glaring need.

MLB ERA
    Don't the Texans play a 3-4? And isn't Babin a LB in the 3-4?

He was under Capers. But with Kubiak they're moving back to a 4-3 where Babin would go back to his natural position, DE. I would think he wouldn't do so well at that position, but knowing Karmelowicz is our DL coach. Babin and Peek will turn into good DL. Just look at what Karm did with KC's DL. It was impressive.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    He was under Capers. But with Kubiak they're moving back to a 4-3 where Babin would go back to his natural position, DE. I would think he wouldn't do so well at that position, but knowing Karmelowicz is our DL coach. Babin and Peek will turn into good DL. Just look at what Karm did with KC's DL. It was impressive.

No kidding, I so agree.

Thankx for the info on Mario Wlliams.

If you were in charge Rock Sport who would you choose? One of my friends (Chargers fan) says they should not draft Bush becasue of their OL. What do you think?

MLB ERA
    Nah. He's a DE from NC St. Compared to Carolina Panthers DE Julius Peppers. Pretty darn good talent, BUT really wouldn't be a fit for the Texans. Especially since Texans are going to go with Babin/Peek at LDE. Weaver @ RDE. Plus Kalu and Deloach to provide depth. Really don't see any room for DE. Or atleast DE is not a glaring need.

See man, this is Houston's ****ing problem.

They got a bunch of dudes who just average at DE & RB, and Houston thinks they are set at that position for life. It's so humorous to me. These dudes are actually below average, where as Mario & Reggie might be all-pro's. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Do you want to stay mediocre forever?

Well really I'm not so worried about the OL. It's just that LT is a vital part to any team. Ferguson would do great at that position. I'm not sold on Pitts or Wand being our everyday LT. They'll improve with Sherman, Kubiak's system, etc. but I just don't see them as good LTs. Maybe they'll prove me wrong. I just don't like the idea of taking a RB, when we have DD and Morency. Not to mention in Kubiaks system anybody could be a 1,000 yrd runner. This Bush pick is more about getting fans in the stands, when it should be about getting the Texans more imrpoved and a better team. A good team usually is strong up front on the line on both sides of the ball. I believe we'll be strong on the DL with our new coach and some new players. While I believe we'll be strong up on the OL if we draft Ferguson.

I like Bush, I truly do. I think he could come out of the backfield and catch the ball. He could run the ball. Have two RBs sharing the carries, DD & Bush. Heck, Bush could even return the ball. There's just so many options with Bush. But if I were the Texans, I'd try and trade down just enough to know that I'll be able to still get Ferguson. Or I'd take Ferguson with the first pick.

MLB ERA
    Well really I'm not so worried about the OL. It's just that LT is a vital part to any team. Ferguson would do great at that position. I'm not sold on Pitts or Wand being our everyday LT. They'll improve with Sherman, Kubiak's system, etc. but I just don't see them as good LTs. Maybe they'll prove me wrong. I just don't like the idea of taking a RB, when we have DD and Morency. Not to mention in Kubiaks system anybody could be a 1,000 yrd runner. This Bush pick is more about getting fans in the stands, when it should be about getting the Texans more imrpoved and a better team. A good team usually is strong up front on the line on both sides of the ball. I believe we'll be strong on the DL with our new coach and some new players. While I believe we'll be strong up on the OL if we draft Ferguson.

I like Bush, I truly do. I think he could come out of the backfield and catch the ball. He could run the ball. Have two RBs sharing the carries, DD & Bush. Heck, Bush could even return the ball. There's just so many options with Bush. But if I were the Texans, I'd try and trade down just enough to know that I'll be able to still get Ferguson. Or I'd take Ferguson with the first pick.
    You bring up a very good point, and good job on wirting it and explaing the facts to me.

rep+

Quote Originally Posted by ATLien
    See man, this is Houston's ****ing problem.

They got a bunch of dudes who just average at DE & RB, and Houston thinks they are set at that position for life. It's so humorous to me. These dudes are actually below average, where as Mario & Reggie might be all-pro's. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Do you want to stay mediocre forever?
    Ah wow. Where do I start. Average @ RB? Hmm. Yah, if you mean a 1000 yrd back behind Houstons horrible line is just average, than wow. Please stick to the Falcons.

If you don't think that Weaver and Kalu helps our line, than your mistaken. Peek and Babin are projects, they got a lot of talent to become pretty darn good DEs. While T. Johnson moves back to DT along with Robaire Smith, along with Payne. Seriously, the DL isn't that bad.

I never said that we're set for life? Did I? No. I just don't think it's a glaring need to where we need to spend a #1 pick on it. That's all.

Plus, if you consider me as Houston. Then that's pretty stupid. I'm just one man, one opinion. I doubt many other people share my opinion.

We don't need Bush or Williams, if Texans draft them, then fine. I'll be happy. If not, I'll be happy. 1 player is not a team. It takes a team to win games.

Of course I don't want the Texans to be just mediocre, and they won't be under Kubiak and Co. This team is up and rising. They were screwed up under the other coaching staff. If your going to base the Texans off the past don't. Because we're a new team, we hit the reset buttong, and we go on from here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast