Thread: Lendale White has a torn hamstring

"Word around the league"?

Like you said, link?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by General
    "Word around the league"?

Like you said, link?
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=3637

LenDale White told the NFL Network he didn't work out at his Pro Day because his hamstring tightened up in warm-ups.
    White was in full damage control mode with talk that he could slip out of the first round. His Uncle said Sunday that White hurt the hammy lifting weights. When asked what he could improve upon, White said, "my work ethic."
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Running back LenDale White, who chose not to perform at the scouting combine, did only the bench press Sunday, skipping the remainder of the drills due to a tweaked hamstring. He weighed in six pounds heavier than at the combine (244) and his bench press total of 15 reps was disappointing when you consider fellow running back Reggie Bush put up 24 repetitions despite weighing 42 pounds lighter. Even 204-pound punter Tom Malone managed 14 reps.
    Only 6 bench presses for Lendale White? Hm...yah his injury is surely affecting that. (Proves he's out of shape and weak)

http://scfootball.blogspot.com/2006/...candidate.html

NFL scouts don't make their decision solely on workout numbers. They also look at work ethic and attitude. It seemed like White didn't even want to be there, something the scouts must have noticed.
    http://www.ourlads.com/Sabo040506.html

A very poor pro day workout caused White to fall. He was fat and out of shape and obviously put in very little effort to prepare for the workout and that’s not good. He did 9 less reps then the significantly smaller Reggie Bush. His indifference cost him.
    Note: They put him in the first round to the Steelers, because they think Cowher can whip him in shape. Should a coach really have to whip some millionaire paid player to play a game into shape?

http://www.profantasysports.com/repo...y=stat&value=1

According to Michael Silver of SI, "At pro day, with scores of NFL scouts, general managers and coaches milling about, White had performed just one appointed task, the bench press -- he did 15 225-pound reps, 13 fewer than fellow 'SC halfback Reggie Bush and only one more than punter Tom Malone -- before citing a hamstring injury and packing it in for the day. Earlier, he had weighed in at 244 pounds, six more than at February's scouting combine when, as one witness told me, "He took off his shirt and all these NFL people in the room just went, 'Eeeeeh.'"

Insight: At pro day's end, as one scout would later describe it to me, White "got behind the wheel of his Range Rover, got those rims spinning and took off. He looked like a guy who just didn't have a clue. I'm telling you, the kid might have cost himself millions of dollars today."
    http://www.draftclass.com/mock-draft/part2.php

I'm going to drop all pretenses of objectivity when talking about LenDale White. I simply cannot understand why he is considered a first round prospect. He's fat (not p-h-a-t); he played fat at USC, he was fat at the combine, and he looked even fatter at individual workouts. Oh, and at those workouts, he did nothing but the bench press; and his bench press total was one rep more than the punter's. He has not ran a single step this off-season, and I kid you not when I say that his 40 time would be in Maurice Clarett territory. The NFL is littered with "big" backs who failed to make the transition; and White's terrible work ethic (the worst of any "big-time" prospect I have ever analyzed), horrendously slow feet (the slowest of any "big-time" running back I have ever analyzed), and selfish, cry-baby attitude will make him the next in this line. The only capacity I could see him achieving any NFL success in is as a situational short yardage runner, a la Zack Crockett.

Thankfully, that's how Pittsburgh would use him, and therefore this pick would not be a total disaster. The Steelers would not exactly be getting the re-incarnation of Jerome Bettis--unless we're talking about Jerome Bettis from the last couple years: an effective role player, but not an every-down back. Only in that case would I say the Jerome Bettis comparisons (that many people seem to be making) are accurate. With Willie Parker established as the starter, White would simply take over Bettis' role of converting 3rd and 1's and goal-line situations. In that sense, I could see him working out in Pittsburgh; though his attitude does not exactly fit with Bill Cowher's personality.

Thanks. Didn't know he was that lazy.

Still think he'll be a good pro.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If he goes to the Steelers, he'll be used the same way as Bettis was.
    rf28

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    If he goes to the Steelers, he'll be used the same way as Bettis was.
    And he could be quite succesful being used that way.

AA ERA
    And he could be quite succesful being used that way.
    Exactly, perfect fit for the Steelers system because he wouldn't be an every down back. He would platoon with Willie Parker and be used for short yardage situations. As a Steelers fan I would love to see them take him.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12