Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Around the Horn (4/14)

+++

Dam, what say you?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Of course LeBron should've been in the game. It was the end of the third quarter. That means there were still about 17 minutes of gametime left. A 21 point deficit could be made up in one gigantic spurt, or a few smaller ones. When you have a player like LeBron, you never know what he'll be capable of doing if he's on the floor. If they're still down 21 with say 3 minutes left in the third quarter, then you have to question why he's in, but there was still PLENTY of time to make a run when he went down with the injury.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

+++

GoYanks?

No, Lebron shouldn't of been in there at that time. First off, they're sitting pretty in the playoffs already. These last few games should basically be practice to them. They mean nothing. Injuries should come first. No reason to stress the injury more just because you want to win a game that doesn't matter. Lebron is the leader and core of that team, playing on that injury could've injured his ankle even worse. Why risk it? Not to mention, he had already scored 22 points w/ 3 rebounds and an assist. Not too bad. Plus, it was nice to see the Cavaliers be without the King. There is no "I" in team, and the Cavs should be able to come back and win a game by themselves. It was great to see that it wasn't a serious injury for Lebron, and that he's just day to day. He should take a rest and make sure that he is totally healthy come playoff time, so the Cavaliers can make a run. I'll definitely be cheering for them.

+++

Solid arguments all around.

Next up, John Madden's favorite mancrush, Brett Favre. The very latest breaking news on Brett Favre's decision is that the decision will be made some time between now and 2034, and that Brett Favre is thinking very hard about it. However, according to John Madden, Mancrush is trying to force his way out of Green Bay and into another team, where Mancrush will presumably lead the team to the Super Bowl. A team like the Cards or Bears, Madden says, would be very interested in acquiring Mancrush. However, nobody in the Packers' FO wants to be known as "the man who traded Mancrush". So..should the Pack trade Mancrush? Around the Horn to Slyder.

MLB ERA
    What are the type of offers youre expecting to get a guy who appears to be trying to run himself out of the Packers organization? No team near the playoffs is going to give up much for Bret just for the reasons he's shown this offseason. Brett questioned whether he WANTED THE BALL with 2 minutes to go and needing a comeback. That SCREAMS RETIREMENT or loss of desire to me. Yes he is one of the top competitors in the NFL ever, but his best years are long since behind him. If you can sucker a 2nd or 3rd out of someone I would CONSIDER IT. But to whom?

Chicago has Rex Grossman, Dallas has Bledsoe, NYG have Manning, Philly still has McNabb, St. Louis still has Bulger, Seattle still has Hasselbach, Washington has Brunell, Carolina has Jake "Daylight Com and Me wanna" Del Homme. Have I eliminated all the potential playoff teams in the NFC?

AFC isnt much better.
    San Diego just got rid of Brees for Rivers, speaking of man crushs Shannahan still has Jake "the Fake", Kansas City has Trent Green, Jax has Leftwich, Indy has Manning, Pats have Brady, Pittsburgh has Big Ben. Where is Farve going to go and lead a team to the super bowl??? Oakland? Yes Im a Raider fan too.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hassel Bach? Like Johann Sebastian Bach?

++++

GoYanks?

MLB ERA
    ATLien up in this.

LeBron James and Kobe Bryant for Co-MVP.

General up in that: Get the **** out!

The Packers should trade Favre. The guy is sabotaging the Packers offseason. They need to worry about the future, not about winning now, like Favre wants. Maybe Rodgers is or isn't ready to be playing as a full time QB, but I have trust in McCarthy to get this kid ready. But Rodgers definitely could not be worse than the season Favre had last season. 29 ints last season? 29?!? Seriously, Favre has all but lost it. He needs to retire right now, but hell, if he wants, trade him. Trade him to some team who will give up a leg and an arm. I'm getting sick of these damn players who think they're bigger than the team. No player will ever be bigger than the team. It's takes a team to win games not one player. Favre has been loyal to the GB Packers all his life, it's a shame that he's being so selfish this late in his career. I mean heck, even Arrington really doesn't want to wait for baby Favre to make up his little mind. A lot of people are getting sick of Favre. Like I heard one guy say, if Favre truly wanted to retire, he would've already done that. This game need to stop, and something needs to be done. So both Favre and the Packers can move on, and get over this.

So the Pack should dump Brett Favre Ngugen? +++

Dry?

MLB ERA
    Yes, they should. Deal Mancrush to a team with a quarterback issues, who also has many 1st day picks, and a few picks next year. They should also look to acquire a cornerback in the deal. Sure he's their franchise player, but look at the Herschel Walker trade. A trade of one status symbol could turn an entire franchise around. Even if the trade doesn't pan out, they will still have picks to work with. I know a team like the Cowboys or the Ravens, with a good aging core would love to acquire a QB with the talent and moxie of Favre. Also, Jerry Jones and Art Modell would have no problem shedding the future for a chance to win this year. Trading him could be the best thing for this franchise.

So Brett A Bridge Too Favre should be traded? Humph. +++

Dam?

MLB ERA
    The Packers shouldn't trade Favre. Favre is the Packers. Seeing him in any other uniform would be wrong. That would be like seeing Michael Jordan in another uniform other than the Bulls uniform, or Greg Maddux in any uniform other than that of the Atlanta Braves. Just not right. If they were to trade him though, the Chargers could use some solid QB play for a year, and the Dolphins could use some for the first four games, so those might be two good options.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Maddux in Sheecago and Jordan in DC was pretty painful. +++

Now we take a quick commercial break, and when we come back, everything's on sale for Buy or Sell. HORN ME!

Buy low, sell high!

First up, Boomer Wells got rocked in his 1st start in the majors this season, coming off an offseason where he called Selig and his manager Tery Francona idiots. Buy Boomber finishing this season with the Saux? GoYanks?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast