Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think that Amare's NBA career is effectively over.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think that Amare's NBA career is effectively over.

Two separate surgeries on different knees in less than a year? I think it may be a wrap for this guy, someone stick a fork in him. Even if he does come back, there's no way he will be the same. Might as well retire now and save himself the embarrassment. This is starting to look like Grant Hill part 2. It's sad, really.

Suns F Stoudemire to have knee surgery Wednesday

April 5, 2006

PHOENIX (Ticker) - For the second time in less than a year, Phoenix Suns forward-center Amare Stoudemire is going under the knife because of one of his knees.

The Arizona Republic is reporting that Stoudemire will have a cyst and loose debris removed from his right knee by Suns team physician Dr. Thomas Carter.

Stoudemire had microfracture surgery performed on his left knee in October. His recovery from that operation caused him to miss the first 4 1/2 months of the season, before he returned for three games from March 23-27.

However, soreness in the right knee prompted Phoenix to shut down its 23-year-old star.

Stoudemire's manager, Rodney Rice, told the newspaper that he believes Stoudemire will be ready by for workouts with the United States national team that begin July 19.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If there is a problem like G Hill, he will be fine in 2-3 years. He was younger than Hill at the time of his problems.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Nope. Amare will never be the same again.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    if Garrison Hearst can comeback from TWO ACL surgeries, anything is possible.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    no way his career is over.

even if he loses some speed and some vertical leap, which is the main issue this would do to him, he's still such a good mid-range shooter and post player and defender that he'll be able to come back. Grant Hill just got ****ed up every which way possible and never even got on the court (until recently) to utilize his skills.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Amare's mid-range game isn't good. The huge majority of his points come from within 5 feet of the basket off dunks and putbacks. These surgeries are going to severely mess up his lateral movement, imo, he won't nearly be able to do what he did before defensively and offensively.

I'd say best case scenario, he's likely a 20-minute a night player averaging 10 and 6.

Injuries are messed up ... they really suck hard.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I'd say best case scenario, he's likely a 20-minute a night player averaging 10 and 6.
    You are insane.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    You are insane.
    Yeah, I know, I'm being a little too generous. Probably more like 15 minutes.

MLB ERA
    DK, that is insane. But I do think he'll never be the same. Before the injury he was a budding superstar and the most dominant low post scorer in the league. That series vs. SA, he owned Tim Duncan individually. He will never get back to that level again.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Yeah, I know, I'm being a little too generous. Probably more like 15 minutes.
    Grant Hill was hit with probably 20 major injuries in his career, and he has never averaged below 29 minutes per game, had 34.9 MPG in a 67 game season (04-05), and put up 19.7 PPG that season.

If Grant Hill can do it, when he was much older and his injuries were more severe and more plentful, Amare can do much better than 10/6 and 20 MPG

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    If Grant Hill can do it
    Do it? Do what? Hill had 1 semi-decent season mixed with 5 other horribly injury-plagued seasons. He was hurt all the time. When he was healthy, he would be "day-to-day", then immediately be back on the shelf. Too many ankle surgeries.

I sure hope that's not the case with Amare, but two surgeries on two different knees in half a year, that's not really encouraging.

MLB ERA
    Grant Hill came back and contributed quite well, that's what he did.

I thought I made that clear.

And Hill had 50x the injuries Amare has, and 10x the major injuries Amare has.

And was injured mainly when he was what, 28-32?

And Amare is all of 24?

please, DK, please. Amare can make a great comeback and you know it. DON'T BE A HATA

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hill had one busted ankle. Amare has two busted knees!

And I don't see how age has anything to do with this. When your knees are messed up, your knees are messed up.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hill's Busted Ankle had 3 surgeries, Amare has only had 2.

MLB ERA
    on separate knees.

and Hill ****ed up his same ankle 3 times.

Because when your body is younger, it can still grow and repair itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast