Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Draft

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    It was a joke. I was insinuating that everyone in the world but you would be watching and/or participating. I know that that won't actually happen. I wouldn't call the draft a "boring program" though. The draft is where every franchise in the NFL builds its team for the present and the future. It's also where every franchise gets its best players. That's why people watch. They want to see who and what the future of their team will be. If you're not interested in that, then I guess it might be a "boring program" for you. Then again, I can't see why any NFL fan wouldn't be interested in that.
    I love watching fan reactions.... Philly booing Donovan McNabb, Jets fans booing any 1st round pick, the chaos of the Vikings on the board and missing their window =priceless comedy.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    I love watching fan reactions.... Philly booing Donovan McNabb, Jets fans booing any 1st round pick, the chaos of the Vikings on the board and missing their window =priceless comedy.
    Or the Raiders screwing up another pick. Now that's priceless.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ugh, the Vikings only missed their pick because the NFL phone lines were busy. They had negoiated with Baltimore to trade down to 10, and Baltimore was to select Leftwich at 7, the line was busy, and they ended up taking too much time trying to get the trade in.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    FoxSports.com reports the Texans have told Mario Williams he's their selection with the No. 1 pick.
    Texans GM Charlie Casserly denies the report, but ESPN.com reported earlier Friday that Houston was involved in intense negotiations with Williams, not Bush. NFL Network and profootballtalk.com also now report Williams is the pick. It seems unlikely Houston would take a negotiating ploy this far. They may be interested in trading back into the first-round to take a running back. Apr. 28 - 7:51 pm et
    Source: FoxSports.com

Can't wait until tomorrow, so all this ****ing speculation and rumors are over with.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    So who do you think your favorite team will take in the draft? What's been some rumors what not thus far leading up to the draft?

I have a good feeling that Texans will take Bush, but I hope they take DBrick Ferguson.
    As for the Pats, hopefully they go defensive to help replace some of the people they lost during the offseason.

Same here, though do not get me wrong, I would love to have Bush, but we need Ferguson more IMO.

MLB ERA
    Congratulations, Houston Texans.

You are idiots.

(why not trade down!!)

MLB ERA
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2426003

ITS OFFICIAL... The Texans' man is Mario Williams...

I want to go on record right now and say the Texans are IDIOTS.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2426003

ITS OFFICIAL... The Texans' man is Mario Williams...

I want to go on record right now and say the Texans are IDIOTS.
    EDIT

What in tarnation? I thought the draft was tommorow. I guess they can sign early or something? Or maybe can they draft another guy tommorow lol?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by 777rak
    EDIT

What in tarnation? I thought the draft was tommorow. I guess they can sign early or something? Or maybe can they draft another guy tommorow lol?
    First Pick can sign whenever then if the 2nd pick wants to they can then try and sign who they want. This locks them into drafting that person. I bet theres about 6 teams that are putting Saints War Room on their speed dialer right now.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    First Pick can sign whenever then if the 2nd pick wants to they can then try and sign who they want. This locks them into drafting that person. I bet theres about 6 teams that are putting Saints War Room on their speed dialer right now.

Ah ok thankx for clearing that up. And yea I beat a bunch of team are callling the Saints. So if I heard you correct that Saints could draft Bush today correct, and the teams down the list could continue correct?

MLB ERA
    Man, the Saints won't be getting no sleep tonight. LOL. On the phones all day.

Well not exactly idiots. I don't feel like getting into a war about this. I still say it would've been smart for the Texans to get Ferguson, but also said I wouldn't of been dissappointed with Bush or Williams. I'm shocked as anyone. I really don't consider Williams a bad pick. To tell you the truth, I don't think Bush wanted to play for the Texans. Anyways, welcome Mario to Houston!

MLB ERA
    Houston could have drafted anyone, and you'd find a way to put a positive spin on it. LOL.

Ah yah. That's part of being a fan. I'm happy with anybody they draft, as long as that player is ready to help the team win. That's what matters.

Until Youtube stops sucking and works on the media player here, I'll just post a link to some fond AFC East Memories, well, for those outside of New York.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast