Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: The NFL Draft

Guys. Be more familiar with the Houston situation before you comment. Think a little, ok? Houston is all about good character. Winston Justice had some character problems. We passed on Justice for a projected mid 1st round OLB that filled a need, and that OLB looks pretty darn good. We then took two OL who are talented and coachable and will help improve the Texans OL. Kubiak comes from a team that is known for spending late draft picks on OL and turning those OL in studs. Not only is Kubiak going to be implenting the zone blocking scheme, little by little, but he also brought Sherman to Houston to help improve the OL. As of right now, Kubiak isn't going to fully implement his schemes yet. He's going to mix things up. Our OL was already improved immensely when the Texans signed Flanagan. That was able to improve our center position greatly, while also moving McKinney to his natural position. Guard. This OL is not going to look like the Texans OL of old. We got a new coaching staff. The OL is greatly improved. Heck, we could see Texans take up to two more OL tomorrow. Gean-Jiles the guard, and Eslinger the Center. I heard Texans are very high on both.

I also would like to see the Texans take a safety tomorrow, and try and get a CB. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Texans trade down in the 4th round and get more picks.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You know when David Carr gets sacked 4 times a game in his career. You would think OL would have to be addressed.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Another TE for the Pats? Heh.

Really, Gabriel Watson would be a steal right now. He's very talented and has a good head on his shoulder. I watched this guy every game at Michigan. He's the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    You know when David Carr gets sacked 4 times a game in his career. You would think OL would have to be addressed.
    The Texans did as an organization. They brought in a new coach. That coach brought in a respectable guy who's known for having great OL in Sherman. They then signed Flanagan. They then drafted two OL in the 3rd round. They addressed it.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17
    The Texans did as an organization. They brought in a new coach. That coach brought in a respectable guy who's known for having great OL in Sherman. They then signed Flanagan. They then drafted two OL in the 3rd round. They addressed it.
    bullshit they addressed it. they had faults at 4 of the 5 offensive line positions going into the offseason. they didnt address it enough, thats for sure.

i hope Carr likes being on his back. he's had enough experience. so i guess he should be used to it.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

MLB ERA
    Guys. Be more familiar with the Houston situation before you comment. Think a little, ok? Houston is all about good character. Winston Justice had some character problems. We passed on Justice for a projected mid 1st round OLB that filled a need, and that OLB looks pretty darn good. We then took two OL who are talented and coachable and will help improve the Texans OL. Kubiak comes from a team that is known for spending late draft picks on OL and turning those OL in studs. Not only is Kubiak going to be implenting the zone blocking scheme, little by little, but he also brought Sherman to Houston to help improve the OL. As of right now, Kubiak isn't going to fully implement his schemes yet. He's going to mix things up. Our OL was already improved immensely when the Texans signed Flanagan. That was able to improve our center position greatly, while also moving McKinney to his natural position. Guard. This OL is not going to look like the Texans OL of old. We got a new coaching staff. The OL is greatly improved. Heck, we could see Texans take up to two more OL tomorrow. Gean-Jiles the guard, and Eslinger the Center. I heard Texans are very high on both.

I also would like to see the Texans take a safety tomorrow, and try and get a CB. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Texans trade down in the 4th round and get more picks.
    Thankx you RockSport!! The bold of what you said is you I so agree with. And nice write.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Well see how this works out but David Carr has been sacked about 300+ times in his career in about what 4 or 5 seasons.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    bullshit they addressed it. they had faults at 4 of the 5 offensive line positions going into the offseason. they didnt address it enough, thats for sure.

i hope Carr likes being on his back. he's had enough experience. so i guess he should be used to it.
    They had faults at all 5 spots in the line. The whole line sucked. Two players weren't even at their natural position in Pitts and McKinney. Changes and addressing the line doesn't always mean having to bring in OL players. (Texans did do that too. Pretty good ones in Flanagan and then drafting the two talented OL in Spencer and Winston). Texans brought in coaches to correct problems. They moved players back to their natural positions, positions where they succeeded the most. Especially McKinney. I feel like i'm a broken record. I guess we could argue this constantly, but when it comes down to it, action speaks louder volumes than words.

I would expect a greatly improved OL down in Houston. As I said before, don't be surprised if Texans take more OL in the draft today.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wouldnt be surprised if they take more O-Lines but while were on the subject of day two.

Will Houston get S Darnell Bing from USC in round 4?

The arguing will probably happen until the season. If the sacks continue to come up in bunches then yeah it will probably stay.

I don't know. I do know that Houston does need a FS. They're pretty set @ strong safety. So I've heard Ko Simpson and Pat Watson names thrown around. But a lot of people are hoping Houston trades down and picks up some extra picks. That'd be ideal.

I know people will always attack the Hou. OL until the season when the OL will show that they're improved. I just wish people would be more knowledgable about the situation, then to call "bullshit" at my statements.

Expect Texans to possibly go after Demtrius Williams. Texans still could use a good #3 WR, and Williams could fit that perfect. Yes I have heard that Williams would be a more perfect for the WC offense, but oh well. If Texans could somehow get a FS, CB, WR, and some more OL out of this 2nd day. I'd be thrilled.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ouch, San Francisco takes Michael Robinson in the 4th round. Nice job wasting a pick.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Former Missouri QB Brad Smith drafted as a WR to the Jets.

Darnell Bing, Ko Simpson, Gabe Watson and Garrett Mills(to NE?!?) all off the board early in the second.

Max-Jean Giles too.

MLB ERA
    Philadelphia + Arizona have won this draft easily. Nobody else even has a shot unless they get Rodrique Wright and Jonathan Scott or something.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Go Saints!!!!!

Reggie Bush!!!! I have to go get a jersey now. My team is looking good for next season. Well, they still need some defense though. Its time to trade Deuce Mcallister for some D.

I like the Mills and Gostkowski picks, although Gostkowski was likely a round+ stretch. I particularly like Mills, reminds me a lot of a slightly bigger Patrick Pass.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast