Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #4 - Lynch

MLB ERA

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #4 - Lynch

Lynch's answers were as follows:

Porter99:
    • Schilling or Randy Johnson?
      All time, I'd take Johnson. If we are just looking from here on out, I'd have to go with Schilling. The guy is a total workhorse and a fantastic pitcher. I've liked him for years.
    • Who is the worst singer ever?
      Worst singer ever? Jeez, there are so many sh!tty singers throughout history. Guess I gotta go with 99% of the people who've been on American Idol. What a talentless fuggin show that is. I've seen better singers at Friday night karaoke every week for the past 10 years than I've seen in one episode of that waste of airtime.
    • Paris or Nicky Hilton?
      Without a doubt, it'd be Paris!!! I dunno much about Nicky, but Paris is hot. Skanky, but hot. Plus, you know she's a naughty girl and that alone gives her bonus points. Any woman willing to throat the hog on camera gets two thumbs up from me any day!
    MightyOne:
    • Dome or Open Stadium in Minnesota?
      I like both for different reasons. Ever go to an outdoor game in the north on April 1st!? It's not fun for the fans nor is it fun for the players to play in 30 degree weather. Retractable roof is the clear deal and would be ideal for any northern ballpark, if you ask me.
    • DH or No DH.
      DH. I have no problem saving the pitcher to do the one thing he's supposed to do, and that's pitch. I'd rather see a guy (DH) come in who's meant to do nothing other than knock balls out of the park and drive in runs than a pitcher who can't bat half his weight.
    • Inside the park homer or Suicide Squeeze?
      Both are cool and you don't see many of either. I guess that the squeeze play is just a little cooler though. I've only seen a few of them in my lifetime (not that I'm as avid a fan as some) and it's just a sweet play to see, when it works.
    • Priest or Maiden?
      Definitely Judas Priest. I like both, but there's nothing like some good headbanging heavy metal from JP. Plus, Halford's vocals were definitely better than Dickenson's (not that Dickenson was any sort of slouch). Add to this the fact that the women at JP concerts were quite possibly the best of any group of women at ANY rock concert, ever... that's gotta say something as well.
    • Coolest thing you ever made a bong out of?
      Didn't make it, but the most fukt up bong I ever saw was a statue of Mary holding the baby Jesus. Under her arm was the bowl and she had a big hole in the back of her head. you could put it on the mantle and yer grandma would never know the difference. Most sacreligious thing I've ever seen.
    DirtyKash
    • What, to you, is the meaning of life?
      Definitley the toughest question in the list. I typed up a couple of smartass answers, but decideded to go with an honest answer. Having kids is the meaning of life. There's nothing cooler than waking up to your son or daughter leaning over to kiss you in the morning saying "Good morning daddy... I love you!" There are a lot of sacrifices that go with having and raising a family, but there are some payoffs that are completely priceless and words would/could never describe those moments. they'll try yer patience any and every chance they get, but at the same time, they reward you in ways I can't list. Kids... they are the meaning of life.
    TwinsFan88:
    • Are we goin out for dinner and a root beer next year for a vikes game?
      That'd be cool. We just might have to hook up for one of those!
    HuskerFan2002:
    • Where in Minnesota do you live?
      A suburb of Minneapolis.
    • College Football or Pro football?
      College is cool because the players play for their coaches and for the most part, the prima donnas are not as obvious or running rampant. Pro football though is still better just because it's the highest level of football on earth.
    • Minnesota winters or year-round warmth in Florida?
      I'd hate both. MN winters blow goats, but I couldn't stand FL humidity 350+ days a year. MN has spring and fall which I love. I'm not a big fan of either the summers or the winters. Besides, chances of getting hit by a tornado in MN are a LOT less than getting hit by a hurricane (multiple times) in FL.
    guybrush77
    • Vikings or Twins?
      Vikings for sure. I'm a diehard football fan and would have a hard time living without it. I could live without baseball, but not without football or basketball.
    • If you had a chance to meet Favre(the player) what would you say to him?
      "I've got this splitting headache. Know where I can pick up a bottle of painkillers, a cheap/cold 12 pack of Milwaukee's Best, and a good hooker?!?"
    • Better player, Barber or Maroney?
      Both are solid running backs and I think they'll both end up in the NFL. However, I really believe that Maroney is more talented and faster. I think he'll be leaving MN for the NFL after his jr season. Also, Barber and Maroney will both get over 1000 on teh ground again next season and will have a record that no other RB tandom will ever touch (three consecutive 1000 yard seasons for both guys in this RB tandom). As far as NFL careers, Maroney's will be longer (even though I don't think he'll be a superstar by any means in the NFL).
    Missionhockey21
    • Beltran, will he be worth the cash?
      I don't get it at all. How can ANYONE be worth that money. Then again, how can a slightly-above average player be worth that. Ok, that's maybe a little silly to call him slightly above average, but is this guy going to single handedly going to take the Mets to the next level!? Are they really going to relish playing for him for 7 years beyond his actual contract?! This is just silly!
    • Ketchup or mustard on your hot dogs?
      Perferably both, but if I can only have one, I'll take the ketchup.
    • Best video game system?
      Since I don't have an Xbox or a PS/PS2, I'm a poor judge of this, so I have to go with the Gamecube. Definitely love it.Too bad it doesn't have the game selection that PS2 has.
    • What's your favorite non sports video game?
      Metroid Prime was an awesome game. Haven't played the new one yet. Again, I don't have an XB or a PS2, I'm a poor judge of what's great. I really loved Splinter Cell as well.
    • Did you download those Wu songs and if so, did you like any of them?
      Well now, downloading songs is ILLEGAL. I could never do THAT! Actually, I've still got it on my "to do" list.
    • Who'd you rather have Randy Moss or Chris Carter?
      Depends. You want the greatest game breaker in history or possibly the best possession receiver to ever play the game? It was pretty sweet being a Vikes fan and having both of these guys on our team at the same time for a few years. Too bad they aren't both stable normal guys. I kinda fell to crap at the end. I guess I have to go with Moss since he's still on the road to being the greatest receiver of all time (longevity in a Jerry Rice-type way is the only way we'll ever know for sure though).
    DiamondDave
    • 1987 or 1983, which was the better year for rock music? Dave... check this answer in a seperate post below, because it's too long of an answer for up here (and I'm long-winded enough).
    • Were you guilty of sporting a mullet in the 80's?
      Hahaha.. hell, I was guilty of sporting a mullet well into the 90's!
    • Will Roger Waters ever rejoin Pink Floyd, create new music with them, and go on a mega tour in support of it?
      As much as some of would love to see this, it'll never ever happen. Waters is too much of a self absorbed azzhole to let it come about. I've seen the Waters-less Floyd and I tell ya what... they don't need him. Gilmore does fine on the vocals and any joe-blow can play the bass better than Waters, so it's not critical. We'll never see another DSOTM or Wish You Were Here or The Wall album again, regardless of a full reunion or not, so to me, it's a moot point. Won't happen.
    • What was the brand of beer you first bought?
      First bought or first drank?! Hrmm, first ever bought would probably have been either Budweiser or Michelob at some point back in the mid 80's.
    • What causes more grey hairs to appear: Marriage or Kids?
      Easiest question on this list. Marriage, without a doubt!
    777 Az-Dbacks
    • How many ballparks(just baseball) have you been to?
      Jeez, I dunno. The ones that I can remember are:
      HHH Metrodome (Twins, of course)
      Metropolitan Stadium (MN Twins prior to the Metrodome)
      County Stadium (Brewers)
      Tiger Stadium (Tigers)
      Wrigley Field (Cubs)
      Comisky Park (White Sox)
      Kauffman Stadium (Royals)
      Busch Stadium (Cards)
    FalconFlair:
    • Whose going to the Super Bowl?
      I was going to say Indy until I saw the Pats play them the way they did this past Sunday, so I gotta take the boring picka and go with the Pats over the Eagles.
    ghettochild:
    • Out of the ballparks you've been to, which one do you enjoy the most?
      Well, I've been to the HHH Metrodome the most, and have to say it's probably my favorite because my homedown Vikes and Twins play there.

My best overall memories of sporting events there. But I won't say it's the best ballpark, but it's my favorite simply because it's the local park.

Other than that, I'd have to say County Stadium in Milwaukee was a great place to go see a baseball game. At least it was in the cheap seats (bleachers in the outfield). Just a blast out there all game long. Wrigley is another fun place to see a game.

MLB ERA
    Since Lynch is so damn long-winded in his answers and exceeded the maximum character/per/post length, he had to continue on here:

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch

DiamondDave
    • 1987 or 1983, which was the better year for rock music?
    • Dave... check this answer in a seperate post below, because it's too long of an answer for up here (and I'm long-winded enough).
    It's taken me a little too long to come up with this answer, but I had to put a lot of thought into it. First thing I had to do, was come up with some of the key albums for these years, at least for me. This is what I've got so far (unless I'm missing something, these lists should be fairly accurate)

• Def Leppard - Pyromania
    • Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
    • Kiss - Lick It up
    • Ozzy - Bark At The Moon
    • Dio - Holy Diver
    • Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
    • Metallica - Kill 'Em All
    • WASP - Animal (F**K like a Beast)
    • AC/DC - Flick of the Switch
    • Dokken - Dokken
    • Lita Ford - Out For Blood
    • Sammy Hagar - Three Lock Box
    • Krokus - Headhunter
    • Quiet Riot - Metal Health
    • Queensryche - Queensryche
    • Ratt - Ratt
    • Steeler - Steeler
    • Y&T - Mean Streak
    • Dokken - Back For The Attack
    • Def Leppard - Hysteria
    • Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
    • Dio - Dream Evil
    • Ozzy - Randy Rhodes Tribute
    • Motley Crue - Girls Girls Girls
    • Whitesnake - Whitesnake
    • Judas Priest - Priest ... Live!!!
    • Great White - Once Bitten ...
    • Ace Frehley - Frehley's Comet
    • Keel - Keel
    • Anthrax - I'm The Man
    • Tony Macalpine - Maximum Security
    • Metallica - Garage Days Revisited
    • WASP - Live In The Raw
    So, now we have to go through the list and see which albums from which year were more important to the 'scene' and all and all, which were just better albums. We'll do this with same artists with albums in both years. Such as in a '83 vs '87 format.

Ozzy: Bark at the Moon vs Tribute. Both are great. Live Randy Rhodes has to edge out Jake E Lee's debut with Ozzy. Gotta go with '87 here. Even though this was actually recorded in '82. In a way, it's hardly fair to credit this album to 1987 since it -was- recorded before Bark at the Moon was in 1983. Hrmm, I gotta change up and go with 1983. (controversial ya say!?!)

Def Leppard: Pyromania vs Hysteria. Both are very very good albums, but Pyromania is a GREAT album. 1983 all the way here.

Motley Crue: Shout At The Devil vs Girls Girls Girls. Liked both albums... a lot, but Shout At The Devil is damn nearly the Heavy Metal Bible. The album that shot the LA scene to the top of the heap. As good as it got for the Motley's. 1983 big time!!!

Dio: Holy Diver vs Dream Evil. Well, I know that I'm in the minority here, but I really liked Dream Evil as a better album. 95% of the Dio fans on earth would say I'm nuts and well... I probably am. Gotta go with 1987 on this one.

Metallica: Kill 'Em All vs Garage Days Revisited. Um, I don't think I even have to go there on this one. 1983 by such a wide margin, you could drive a Sherman tank through it.

Kiss: Lick It Up vs Crazy Nights. Eeesh, I hate to even bring this up. NO comparison. 1983 in the most obvious way.

Dokken: Dokken (Breaking the Chains) vs Back For The Attack. Being a super huge fan of Dokken, I love both of these albums, but Back for the Attack is far far superior of an album over BTC. 1987 without a doubt.

Now.. that pretty much closes out the same artists section. Now for the rest:

1983 - Piece of Mind. Some say it's Maiden's best work. Hard to argue but within a 3 year stretch, Maiden put out their 3 best albums (Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind and Powerslave). This could push 1983 over the top, even if I -did- choose Tribute over Bark at the Moon. Great album.

1987 - Appetite for Destruction. Jeez, the significance and impact of this album is so obvious, I shouldn't have to explain it.

This is hard. It really is. But I have to say that 1983's Shout At The Devil, Pyromania, Bark At The Moon, Piece of Mind, Kill 'Em All , Lick It Up and the others outweigh the fantastic albums of 1987. Close. Very close, really because for single efforts, I think 1987 was maybe better (ie: the Great White album and Whitesnake and others). If Metallica's - ... And Justice For All come out in 1987, I think this would be a tie.

But... BIG BUT here. in 1987, Europe.. The Final Countdown was released. That being the case on top of all of the evidence above, I have to say...

1983 - Definitely better than 1987!

(not by a lot, but it was better!!!)

MLB ERA
    And since this Hot Seat was me ... I'm going to include one of the responses to one of my answers:

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Lynch, those are some wonderful answers. Your response to my question nearly brought tears to my eyes. You are a good man.

(Personally, I live for sex and/or money. Haha.)