Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #29 - Providence A's

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #29 - Providence A's

Providence A's, your Hot Seat Questions have been asked here. You have 5 days to answer them and proceed to select the next person for the Hot Seat. Good luck.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    From the General:

1.) Biggest waste of money in your life? (1 item or 1 event).

1 item (multiple times). Video game controllers when I was younger because I broke a few too many and had to replace them

2.) Rich Harden or Barry Zito: If you could only keep one until he retires, which one?

Harden I guess (assuming he stayed injury free) because he is younger and is nastier than Zito IMHO...

3.) If the A's could move to Providence, but had to change their nickname, what would their new nick be?

Providence Grays...see link: http://www.providencegrays.org/About...r_project.html

In 1884, Providence was a major league baseball city. The Providence Grays played at the long-gone Messer Field in the Olneyville neighborhood, as one of the eight teams in the National League. Yes, that National League.

They were led by ace pitcher Charles "Old Hoss" Radbourn, who is still remembered for winning a record 59 games that year and leading the Grays to the pennant. When the team's other pitcher defected to a rival league in July, it looked like the Grays' season was over, but "Old Hoss" offered to pitch the rest of the team's games. The Grays went on a twenty-game winning streak and blew past their hated rivals, the Boston Red Stockings.

When the season was over, the Grays had won the league title by five games. They then played the New York Metropolitans, champions of the rival American Association, in a three-game championship series, and won all three games. It wasn't officially called the "World Series", but the Grays became undisputed world champions.

The Providence Grays disbanded after the 1885 season. A minor league by the same name played in Providence from 1891 to 1929; they once had a promising young pitcher named Babe Ruth. But our beloved capital has not been a "major league" city for over a century, at least in the baseball world.

MLB ERA
    From Realmofotalk:

1) Warren Commission: Cover-up or not?

I don't think we'll ever know...I wouldn't be surprised, but I never really had much interest in it. Either way, what can we do about it today really, ya know? I mean, anything can be thought of as a conspiracy by some people...some think that parts of 9/11 was done by us (at the Pentagon for example...no plane parts or anything found; they think it was a missle).

2) Favorite alcoholic drink and why?

Before I was 21 it was vodka in whatever or by itself...when I turned 21 (and because of a few bad experiences w/ the vodka, I've just drank beer...I've only had 1 shot of hard alcohol since I've been 21. I don't usually drink these days, but if I did I'd probably have a Heineken...as long as it's not something like Guiness. I don't like that and I'm Irish lol...

3) Is Ann-hole possibly the most insane broad involved with the media (does being on The Committee to Re-elect George W. Bush..ERRR..Fox News countless times count? )
    http://users.rcn.com/skutsch/anticoulter/quotes.html

Quote:
    Some quotes from Brian Lamb's Booknotes interview with Coulter (Aug 11):

COULTER: There is no serious dialogue or engagement of ideas between the left and the right in this country.

...and that is because...

COULTER: There are no good Democrats.

None. Not one. You have to hand it to her, she gives good sound bite.

Quote:
    "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

She could be...I can't say that I pay that much attention to political stuff right now. But there are idiots on both sides and idiots in the middle. I don't think she's that attractive...maybe if I was a lonely man her age, but she'd need a gag or something else to stop her from talking because that would just ruin the mood.

MLB ERA
    From Slyder the Reds Fan:

1) Hows it feel to be the first non-Reds fan to be on the hot seat in... *Looks* *Looks again* *Looks again* well a really long time?

It feels like we just escaped some weird alternate reality or we broke out of prison to escape the wrath that is Reds fan mania

2) NFL team who do you like and why?

I kinda like the Bills I guess, but I don't really have a favorite NFL because I'm not that into it like I am baseball. I watch NFL games all the time with the exception of Monday night games if I have work the next day, which is most of the time. I even go to 1 Patriots game a year (I have been for the last 5 years or so), but I just don't have a favorite. I do enjoy rooting against New England area teams as I wish to escape here some day...I wasn't born in NE and if I can help it, I won't die here either.

Ill probably add a third question later.

Too late

MLB ERA
    From DirtyKash the closet Homer-Sexual:

QUESTION THE FIRST

Hypothetical scenario: the world's about to be destroyed (& with it the human race) and you get to pick 500 people to live with and start over from scratch on another planet. Assume that life on another planet will be possible on this new planet. Now, don't name me 500 specific individuals. I want to know what types of people you would you choose. What sex ratio? 50/50 men/women, more women than men, more men than women? Would you include very young children? What occupations would you include? Would you include only those with reproductive capacities? What if someone past breeding age had valuable skills? What about diversity? These people will be all that's left of humanity, yet at the same time must form a stable community. Would you try to take someone from each of the nearly 170 countries in the world? Each major religion? Racial group? Language? In other words, I want to know the ins and outs of your new society. Please detail.

Now, don't name me 500 specific individuals.
    Because that's what I was going to do, too!

What sex ratio? 50/50 men/women, more women than men, more men than women?
    I think I'd go with a 4:1 (400:100) or 9:1 (450:50) ratio of women to men that way we could impregnate more women and pop out more babies quicker than if it were more even

Would you include very young children?
    No...they'd get added after 9 months of teh sXe

What occupations would you include?
    Well, I'd try to evenly distribute it as much as possible, but we would need more people in the medical field at first due to all the pregnant women there'd be. And then we'd need some people to educate those dumb kids, so a few more teachers. Engineers and architects and the like to build stuff. Garbage men and women to take away the dirty diapers and other trash. Police and fire men and women for safety reasons. Just the basics at first...the next generation can fill the less crucial jobs like comedian, hockey and basketball player, and telemarketer.

Would you include only those with reproductive capacities?
    Yes

What if someone past breeding age had valuable skills?
    There's always "what if."

What about diversity?
    Well, the women wouldn't be diverse as far as looks...they'd all have to be hot and in shape for all the baby making...otherwise I'd try to get what I can as far as different peoples.

Would you try to take someone from each of the nearly 170 countries in the world?
    Would you? Maybe...certainly no Canadians

QUESTION THE SECOND

Your thoughts on gay marriage. Is it unconstitutional? Should gays and lesbians be allowed to unite in holy matrimony? If so, then what are your thoughts on polygamy? Why should or shouldn't people be allowed to have more than one spouse? If you're going to be in favor of gay marriage, why not polygamy? Or brothers and sisters getting married? If laws are going to discriminate against one form of marriage, then why allow another similar form?

It's not up to me to decide if anything is unconsitutional and that wouldn't apply in all countries as not all countries have constitutions...I'm not a very religious person and to me marriage is just a piece of paper for the most part...especially with the divorce rate being so high these days. It seems not many truly value it anyway, but now that other groups want in it, then they cry about it. Reminds me of that g/f you dumped and didn't want to deal with anymore, but the minute someone else likes her or whatever, then you're interested again...i.e. many straight people don't seem to care about marriage through either getting divorced, getting married before they're ready, getting married just to have a wedding and get gifts, and cheating on their spouses...if they don't take it seriously, who are they to say?

QUESTION THE THIRD

Should an HIV-infected person inform his partner of his virus prior to engaging in sexual relations? Why or why not, and detail.

I hope you have the balls to inform your partner Chris. It might as well be murder because if you infect the other person, then you've basically sentenced them to death (unless you're Magic Johnson who had the money for every experimental drug on the table)...they may not die right away, but some day they will die of HIV/AIDS all because you wanted to conceil your sexual history. I'll take it to an even lower level of any sexual partners and STD's/STI's...I'd be damned pissed off if my partner didn't disclose something and some day I got the clap or something...I'd be like WTF?!?!?! That's why you gotta do a background check, be very selective in choosing your partner, and use protection...you hear me Chris? And don't be a busta and tell your partner...

MLB ERA
    From Kingdom o' Z:

1] Should Intelligent Design and/or Creationism be taught in public middle and high schools? Why or why not?

Simply, no...the constitution is clear about the separation of church and state. Those topics are inherently referring to religious ideas and education is a local and state governmental institution.

2] List me three of your favorite musicians, in no specific order, and tell me why you like/love them.

Well, some of all-time favorites include Nine Inch Nails, Stabbing Westward, Joy Division, Radiohead, The Cure, but I'll go with my current favorites in no specific order:

mellowdrone because they're crisp. 4 EPs w/ the first full length coming out 1/24/06. mellowdrone website soon to be updated / redesigned and mellowdrone myspace page

Feeder because their last album along with all the b-sides from it have been in rotation all year. They've got an EP, 5 full length albums, and a 2 disc b-sides album of 36 songs (there's more than that and will be another one some day) Feeder website

TV on the Radio because there's nothing like them out there today seriously. It's very difficult to describe the music, but it's been described as a mix of post-punk, electronic, doo wop, and other atmoshperic elements. They've got 2 EPs and 1 full length with another coming out early next year I think (they said fall but I don't think that's likely now). TV on the Radio website

3] If Generalissimo took a bus that could only top speeds of 60 MPH and Saber rode a moped that only topped out at speeds of 25 mph, and they raced through the city of New York to FAO Schwartz, which guy is more likely to get mooned by DirtyKash?

Easy, the one that took the long way through Canada

MLB ERA
    From Mr. Hallmark:

Quote:
    The Arlington City Council is expected to authorize on Tuesday eminent domain proceedings against as many as 19 properties needed for a new Dallas Cowboys stadium and approve resolutions paving the way for 33 more condemnations in the coming weeks.

1.) Agree or disagree with the Eminent Domain Statute? Explain.

Hasn't this kind of thing been going on for a long time even before it became a law or whatever? I don't think it's fair for the government to displace people like that (they've done that here to expand the airport and are going to do it again). I mean, unless the goverment gave you a place to live, moved it all for you, put you up in a classy hotel, etc...then they shouldn't be able to do it because it really messes up peoples lives.

2.) Isn't Ann Coulter merely the _______(fill in the blank)_______ of the right (only funny and hot)?

Maureen Dowd
    Bill Maher
    Al Franken
    Dennis Miller
    Jim Lileks

As I said, she'd only be hot to me if I were a middle-aged lonely man...and she's funny in that she says stupid shit that people laugh at that she doesn't mean for people to laugh at as she's being serious.

MLB ERA
    From CornHuskerGuy:

1) Will you go trick-or-treating this year even though being 25 years old is too old?

I don't think I've been trick-or-treating since I was 12 or 13 maybe? Needless to say it's been over 10 years...so I'd have to say no. I won't even be giving out candy as I live in the 3rd floor of a house and no one will be coming in the house like that to get to the 3rd floor believe me.

2) Hand Sanitizers - Do you use them often?

No, but I wash my hands as needed.

3) What is the dirtiest area in your house/apartment?

Probably under my bed I guess just because I don't always vacuum under it, but otherwise I'm a very clean person. You should see my car...there is absolutely no trash or anything in it, which everyone who enters feels the need to comment on.

MLB ERA
    From GoRockSportsYankeesDude:

1) What's so great about Rhode Island? (I've been to Rhode Island many times, and it's very beautiful up there. I just wanted to see what a person who lived there thought about it.

What's so great about RI? Probably that I can escape it in 30 minutes or so lol. No, it's OK I guess...I live in the capital so everything is within driving distance for me, which is nice, but there's just something about it that makes me want to leave and be proud that I also wasn't born here.

2) Lives in Rhode Island, but is an Athletics fan? Did you grow up in California?

Nope, I didn't grow up in Cali...although I have been to Oaktown and San Fran and I love it there. When I found out about and decided I liked baseball I just picked the A's for some reason...the colors? I dunno...but I've liked them forever and have hated the Red Sox for just as long.

3) Maybe you've already talked about it somewhere in your posts, but I just never saw it anywhere. So with that said, what's your favorite college sports team? Why?

I don't really follow any college sports. I did play Division 1 baseball for a year or so during my undergrad. I got red-shirted my freshman year (you do everything but play in the games and travel with the team) and I quit during my sophomore year because I lived 30 mins away from campus and it was too much. I worked, went to school, and played ball (which was year round)...I had to work, school was giving me money, and baseball didn't give me any money and took up too much time so it was the only thing I could give up.

MLB ERA
    From redsrhorrible:

Angelina Jolie or Jennifer Aniston?

Jolie just because I don't think Aniston is attractive at all...there's always times when I see her face and she just looks like a buttaface if you know what I mean...I guess it's just when she doesn't have makeup on...or maybe she's just getting old. And of course I can't find a picture to show what I mean...oh well...also my hatred of Friends plays a role.

Is there a way to make money without really working hard for it?

There is no way to MAKE money without working for it...there's ways to obtain it and such that don't include working for it, but IMHO you didn't make/earn it if you follow me.

What are your plans for the future? (What do you want to be when you grow up?)

Well, although I'm only 25 I've got a bachelors and a masters already without any loans whatsoever so there's not much else I want to do education-wise. I taught for a year in between and now I'm teaching again. I'm not sure if it's what I want to do with my life. But at this point, I just want to work and be able to live my life. I don't think I want any kids and my current girlfriend of over a year doesn't want kids either so that wouldn't be a problem. I want to travel a little, though just in the US as I have no desire to leave the country since so many countries hate America and it just doesn't appear to be safe to. I really just want to be able to enjoy my life and have what I need...I'm not asking for much really. I feel like I've achieved a lot for the average person my age.

MLB ERA
    Oh, and I pick Kingdom_of_Zito because a) he had more posts than realmofotalk and b) he's an A's fan (Yea, I'm taking a play out of the Reds fans playbook)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh snapt.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    From Kingdom o' Z:

1] Should Intelligent Design and/or Creationism be taught in public middle and high schools? Why or why not?

Simply, no...the constitution is clear about the separation of church and state. Those topics are inherently referring to religious ideas and education is a local and state governmental institution.

2] List me three of your favorite musicians, in no specific order, and tell me why you like/love them.

Well, some of all-time favorites include Nine Inch Nails, Stabbing Westward, Joy Division, Radiohead, The Cure, but I'll go with my current favorites in no specific order:

mellowdrone because they're crisp. 4 EPs w/ the first full length coming out 1/24/06. mellowdrone website soon to be updated / redesigned and mellowdrone myspace page

Feeder because their last album along with all the b-sides from it have been in rotation all year. They've got an EP, 5 full length albums, and a 2 disc b-sides album of 36 songs (there's more than that and will be another one some day) Feeder website

TV on the Radio because there's nothing like them out there today seriously. It's very difficult to describe the music, but it's been described as a mix of post-punk, electronic, doo wop, and other atmoshperic elements. They've got 2 EPs and 1 full length with another coming out early next year I think (they said fall but I don't think that's likely now). TV on the Radio website

3] If Generalissimo took a bus that could only top speeds of 60 MPH and Saber rode a moped that only topped out at speeds of 25 mph, and they raced through the city of New York to FAO Schwartz, which guy is more likely to get mooned by DirtyKash?

Easy, the one that took the long way through Canada

Excellent politician-esque answer on #1.
    HA on #3.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    lmfao. Funny, I went to rep you and it says Providence A's's

gahaha
    Ted

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    That's some good stuff. I had to look up who Ann Coulter is, just to make sure. I don't think she's hot at all. I'm all for Daryn Kagan, whom I watch quite often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast