Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #27 - Wally Mo Pena

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #27 - Wally Mo Pena

Wally Mo Pena, your Hot Seat Questions have been asked here. You have 5 days to answer them and proceed to select the next Hot Seat Victim. Good luck.

Here's the first installment, thanks to KoZ, DD, and DK.

1] If the land know as [Boston, Massachusetts] disappeared, where would you prefer to live?

Stateside, I would head west probably towards the Pacific NW, or Northern CA. I’ll go ahead and say Portland Oregon to be concrete, but hopefully Boston won’t be disappearing for at least 10 more years, or until Portland can finally get a major league team.

2] Which kitchen appliance would you throw at DirtyKash, and why?

I’d chuck the refrigerator because I don’t think he’d see it coming. And don’t say that I couldn’t do it, because I could, and because if you say I can’t I’ll find out where you go to dinner and throw a popcorn stand at you.

3] Which song do you embarrassingly sing in the car?

Don’t have a car, I prefer the bike, but as I pedal around town I’m embarrassed to admit that I semi-frequently get that “I’ve got to keep on moo-vin’” song going. ‘Cause, you know, can’t no body break-a my stride.

1) What is better, a girl you have to work for or one that likes you instantly?

let me get this straight… sometimes, girls - real girls - like you instantly? Well I’ll be damned. Sounds pretty nice, but so does a jet pack and a shrink-ray gun and I stopped holding my breath for those hours ago.

2) If a kangaroo mates with a wallaby and 1/2 the offspring survive somehow, and those offspring are captured and sold on the open market.. one of those offspring escapes in downtown Cincinnati... what does it to Adam Dunn's strikeout to hits ratio?

Adam once told me that he wouldn’t really feel like a man until he punched out a kangaroo or one of its half breed offspring, and I assume that he wouldn’t miss the chance at his right of passage. If he was able to defeat the cuddly monster, I would expect him to strike out about the same number of times that he did this year, because he’s lazy and doesn’t work on his hitting enough. But he’d do it with a little extra gleam in his eye.

3) Pasta meals.. heavy garlic or heavy cheese?

garlic.

1 - Does it bother you that people often misspell "Cincinnati" as "Cincinatti"?

Know, knott rilly. Eyev nevar bin soh grait uv A spelor mieslef

2 - Have you read a good book lately, and if so what is it?

I like both the last fiction – The Divine Invasion by P.K. Dick – and the last non-fiction – Banana Republicans – that I’ve read. I’m currently working on Godel, Escher, Bach, a brilliant treatment of consciousness by a designer of artificial intelligence, and I think it trumps them both. Dellilo’s Underworld is yelling at me from my bookshelf, so that’s probably next.

3 - What's your costume for Halloween going to be?

I’m usually not much for Halloween, but I was thinking about getting into it a little more this year and going as a Priest of Ghede, the vodun god of death. or a kitty.
    Reds MVP Race

6: Arroyo, Harang
    5: Kearns
    4: Phillips
    3: Dunn, Felo, Freel, Milton
    2: Claussen, EdE, Griffey, Valentin
    1: Aurilia, Hatteberg, Lizard, Larue, Shackelford

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Probably the best answers I've gotten. Rep!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    hahaha funny stuff rep+
    i'm scraped and sober but there's no one listening
    [myspace][podcast (10/13)][article]

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    BTW, you have today and tomorrow to finish answering the questions. (Slyder has set a bad example by taking a 2-day extension.) Anyways, good answers thus far.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally Mo Pena
    2) If a kangaroo mates with a wallaby and 1/2 the offspring survive somehow, and those offspring are captured and sold on the open market.. one of those offspring escapes in downtown Cincinnati... what does it to Adam Dunn's strikeout to hits ratio?

Adam once told me that he wouldn’t really feel like a man until he punched out a kangaroo or one of its half breed offspring, and I assume that he wouldn’t miss the chance at his right of passage. If he was able to defeat the cuddly monster, I would expect him to strike out about the same number of times that he did this year, because he’s lazy and doesn’t work on his hitting enough. But he’d do it with a little extra gleam in his eye.

Good stuff Wally. I am loving the answers so far.

Installment numero 2: thanks Suppy, AS, and MH21.

1. Could you pass a Reverse Turing Test?

A: The Turing Test for Intelligence generally states that if an interrogator questioning a machine and a human – while not knowing which was which (text messages only) – could not tell the two apart, then it is reasonable to call the machine intelligent.

So I guess a reverse turing test would be if someone asking no questions of a machine and a human while being able to easily see which was which could not tell them apart, then it would be reasonable to call the human stupid. No I don’t think I could pass one of those.

bleeeeeep bloop bleep.

2. Which is more awesome: flight (sans flying machine), telekinesis, invisibility, or telepathy?

A: Seems to me that with good enough telekinesis you could pick your self up and move yourself through the air, so flying is right out. Invisibility was played out in ’95, and you never know what’s really going to be invisible (clothes, things you pick up, sweat etc.) so drop that one. Telepathy would be cool if you could use it to see around corners or around the globe, but people mostly mean reading minds, and based on my experiences with people’s minds (none on this board of course) I’ve got about as much contact as I need right now, thanks. So I’m going with telekinesis, but I would want it to be strong, like 100,000 tons worth. That would be awesome.

3. One time I hired a monkey to take notes for me in class. I would just sit there with my mind a complete blank while the monkey scribbled on little pieces of paper. At the end of the week, the teacher said "class, I want you to write a paper using your notes." What did my paper say?

A: hello. my name is bingo. i like to climb on things. can i have a banana? eek eek

4. What happens if I ask 4 questions?

A: Ahhhhhhhghghghhhhhhh!!!!!! (sounds of time moving in eight directions at once, weird chanting coming from an unnamable direction)

1. What is your favorite TV show?

A: I don’t have a tv, so I’m not sure what my favorite current show would be. I prefer comedies, and animated ones a lot of the time, though I did enjoy the sopranos, which wasn’t always that funny.

Off the top of my head I’d say Home Movies, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, and Futurama are all right there at the top, but Home Movies probably wins out in the end. It was on adult swim for those who aren’t familiar and the first 2 seasons are out on DVD if you want to check them out [not a paid sponsor].

2. What college are you wanting to attend/do attend/did attend?

A: I’m an ’02 Alum of Miami University, in oxford OH. I did the interdisciplinary studies major there, which had it’s own little campus, and was great. And yes, I did know her/him that you are thinking about who went to/goes to Miami, s/he is actually my long lost twin brother/sister, though we’ve only met in our dreams. What a coincidence!

3. What empire would you like to live in at any point in time?

A: Empire is a tough one, because it means many things to many people. If you mean specifically those governments who mimicked the structure of the first “empire,” the Roman Empire, I don’t know, maybe the Holy Roman Empire during the renaissance, they seemed to be doing some cool stuff. A

If you mean more generally long standing, and expanding, states, I think the Greeks and Indians going at about the same time (approx 400 bce) are more interesting. They were both very primitive societies technologically, but really advanced theoretically, especially in terms of math, which makes me think that there were some funky doings afoot there. I like the idea of a society focused on ideas rather than stuff maybe (greener grass and all that). That or I bet I could dunk on all of those crotchety ancient people (after I invent basket ball) and could get a nice endorsement deal out of the whole thing, where as Ferdinand II would probably send me into the second row.

1) You're a Cincinnati Reds scout and you are viewing two young pitchers, one of which you plan to give your stamp of approval to Dan O'Brien and/or Dean Taylor. One is a college arm who has had a successful collegiate career; he doesn't blow anyone away but he has a solid presence on the mound, gets the job done on a consistent basis and is very close to being big-league ready. He projects to be at least a #2 pitcher and maybe more. The other is a high school arm who has dominated; terrific stuff, a plus fastball, although his mechanics are of some concern and he is likely several years away from the majors. This pitcher draws favorable comparisons with his stuff to some of todays current greats and if he reaches his ceiling, a surefire ace. Assume that the Reds are in the same current situation as they are now and this would be using their pick in the draft next year (#8.) Basically, do you go for the reward that is closer to paying off but the reward itself won't be quite as big or the reward that will likely be greater but so is the risk.

A: I’ve done some fairly rigorous analyses, and the way I figure it, the reds need to shave about 70 runs from their runs allowed total of this year, to compete for the wild card. That’s not an immense amount, but it should really be taken care of with more than one pitcher, and probably won’t happen in 2006. I think I’d go for the guy who was closer and hope that in 2007 he could trim 20 runs or so as compared to the sucks we ran out there this year like luke Hudson and ramon Ortiz. I’d look for homer baily to lop off another 40 compared to paul Wilson, and hope to get better production out of the youngsters in the pen to make up the difference.

Basically I would plan for the near future, because a group like Dunn, Grif, Kearns, Felo, Pena (maybe) EdE, and Larue doesn’t come around that often, and with decent pitching (not great) they could go to the post season.

2) What are your thoughts on using W-L records to determine how succesful a pitcher is? There was a big debate on this in the articles forum and I am curious to hear your thoughts.

A: I was just talking about this actually. I think using wins is a terrible way to evaluate pitchers for two reasons. First off, a pitcher can’t win a game by pitching. He can not loose it by giving up 0 runs, but he can never win it with pitching alone. There’s no way for him to force the other team to score anti-runs by striking out the side on 9 pitches or anything. So right there, it is clear that wins are a bad measure of how the pitcher is doing, because they are Always dependent on other people.

The second reason is that I think the way that wins and losses are determined is screwy anyway. If people want to use wins and losses to evaluate pitchers, the least they could do is have them make any sense at all. A starting pitcher can’t get a win if he doesn’t pitch at least 5 innings, but he can get a loss and only face one batter. A relief pitcher can get a win for pitching one pitch to one batter. A relief pitcher can blow a save and get a win. Or what about this scenario:

a starter pitches 7 strong 1 run innings, but his team fails to score once. A reliever comes in to pitch for him in the top of the 8th and gets shelled for 4 runs. Then their offense scores 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th, and end up loosing the game 5-4. Who gets the loss? The starter, of course, because he pitched so terribly!

Or what if that same starter pitches 7 strong one run innings, while his team puts up 6. Then that same reliever comes in for the 8th and gives up 5 runs, tying the game. In the bottom of the 8th this time though, their offense puts up 10 more runs. In the 9th our bedraggled reliever (let’s call him Wally) gives up 9 and the home team wins the shootout 16-15, with Wally having given up 14 runs in 2 innings of work. Who get’s the win? Wally of course! and now he’s 1-0 with a 54.00 ERA, while our poor starter is 0-1 with a 1.29 ERA.

My suggestion is that when Maddux retires they name an award after him that would be for the pitcher who wins the most games in a year (maddux’s string of 15 win seasons is incredible to me, but you could pick someone else, the point is a new award), and then let the Cy Young be for the Best pitcher in a year, and end the debate once and for all. Sometimes they’ll be the same guy, a lot of times they won’t, but it wouldn’t be an issue anymore.

3) Describe the perfect game for you. Stadium, seats, weather, food, lineups, no-hiter, game 7 of the World Series... whatever it would take to essentially make one game like heaven on Earth for you.

A: As a note here, I’ll mention that I think the best game I’ve ever watched was game 5 of the 2004 ALCS (yanks/sox went to 14, you know the rest), and I would have loved to have been there, instead of game 3, which I did attend and which ended up 19-8 or something… I’ve sort of blocked it out.

But as far as the dream game goes, I’m going to say game 7 of the NLCS, reds vs. cards. I’m tired of the reds being forgotten in the NL Central, we started this whole pro-ball thing, and all anyone ever talks about is cubs/cards, like the cubs have ever done anything. So I’m at GABP for game 7, behind the reds dugout of course, with skyline and (what nati beer do they serve at the park?) lined up, and it’s Harang (Bailey won games 1 and 5, and is available out of the pen) and Carpenter.

Dunn, Kearns, and Pena would have gotten together in the off season and decided that Dunn would play first that year so they could all stay, and Casey (with a prospect) was dealt for Brandon Webb who dominated at home all year with his 4+ G/F ratio. The lineup would be:

Freel
    Lopez
    Dunn
    Griffey
    Pena
    Kearns
    EdE
    Larue

I won’t say who wins, but I will guess that Rolen and Edmonds will both make costly errors.
    Reds MVP Race

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wally Mo Pena again.
    *tear*
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Installment 3, especially for the General:

1.) When will the Reds win the central?

A: two years after COO john allen is fired would be my guess, but I think they can compete for the wild card in the next year or two depending on this off-season’s moves. The NL central is too tough compared to the other divisions, other than the AL east.

My suggestion to the comish would be to add two teams to MLB, making 32. Maybe a NC team, maybe a vegas team, or the afore mentioned Portland team, maybe Vancouver if they have any interest, or a Mexican team if MLB thought it was feasible (probably not), and contracting the d-rays might be a good idea… but 32 teams one way or another. Then even the leagues, 16 teams a piece, and divide the leagues into 4 divisions, ala the NFL: east, west, north, south – each with 4 teams.

Each league would have 1 wildcard team, same as now, but that team would play the division winner with the worst record in a 3 game playoff to continue. Then you have the playoffs the same as they are now, with a division, league, and world series. And I’d get rid of interleague, which doesn’t have much to do with this already tangential answer, but I don’t like it, and this is my hotseat and I’ll leave and take it home with me if you don’t want to play my way.

I would imagine that the reds would end up in the NL North in this system, along with the cubs, cards, and brewers, and I would guess that they would win the nl north 2 years after COO john allen is fired. So much for change.

Just for fun:
    NL east: ny, was, pit, phil
    NL south: fla, atl, mexico, hou
    NL north: cin, stl, chc, mil
    NL west: sd, sf, la, col

AL east: ny, bos, bal, cle
    AL south: tex, kc, vegas, ari
    AL north: tor, min, det, chw
    AL west: oak, sea, portland, LAA

2.) Who is the best fielding Red of all time?

A: Barry Larkin. It was all in his positioning. He should have won a bunch of gold gloves when the wizard was in the league, but ozzie made the diving plays, where larkin didn’t have to dive because he was always positioned right, and ozzie got recognized for the flash.

Of course, larkin’s been my favorite player since I was 5, but I’m pretty sure I have an unbiased viewpoint.

3.) If you could have Smoltz or Hudson on the Reds, who would you take?

A: I guess it depends on if I have to take their contracts, and for how long, but money aside and just for next year I’d take smoltz without a doubt. That guy is amazing
    Reds MVP Race

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    4. What happens if I ask 4 questions?

A: Ahhhhhhhghghghhhhhhh!!!!!! (sounds of time moving in eight directions at once, weird chanting coming from an unnamable direction)
    I literally laughed out loud when I read that.

Anyway, glad to see another CYE and AD fan. I am big fans of both myself. And thanks for answering my questions.

whew, last installment. thanks to TG, Sl, PF, Rb, and PA

I'm going to nominate red hot mama for the next hot seat.

1. If all of the Cincinnati Reds decided to run for President of the United States, which one would you vote for? (let us assume that Congress waived the eligibility rules in order to make each player eligible for the race)

A: Sean Casey is the obvious pick, what with his political background being what it is, and he certainly keeps his promises. But I think I’d vote for Felipe Lopez. He’s got a toughness than the mayor lacks that the leader of the free world needs, and he didn’t grow up with a silver spoon in his mouth so I doubt his policies would benefit the rich disproportionately. And his neck tat would give the US street cred again in the international community, which we sorely need.

I see:
    Harang (young & successful) = VP
    Casey = Sec of state
    Griffey = Sec of treasury
    Wily Mo = Sec defense
    Paul Wilson = attorney general
    Adam Dunn – Sec of interior
    Ray Olmedo = Sec homeland security/ninja magic
    Jacob Cruz = Sec of labor
    Larkin = white house chief of staff
    Kearns = Controversial cousin

2. If Wily Mo Pena agreed to have dinner at your house during interleague play next year, what would you cook? (follow-up question: can I come too?)

A: I imagine that Wily Mo has pretty high standards, so I’d pull out all the stops. I think I’d probably find a famous statue from his hometown in the DR, and then make a 3 foot tall foodsculpture out of layers of all of the thanksgiving foods that was that statue on one side and the statue from cincinnati’s fountain square on the other. To make him feel at home.

3. what is your favorite smell?

A: I don’t think I have one, but there’s something to be said for evergreen forests.

1. Who are your favorite Reds players (past or present, top 5 which ever)?

A: I love the 90 world series team, they made baseball for me as a kid. So in light of that:

Barry Larkin – in my opinion, the greatest red of this and maybe any era, and one of the best in baseball history. Hopefully when he goes into the HOF more people will learn his story.

Eric Davis – called the next willie mays, eric the red was never that, but he was the flash that our team needed that year

Jose rijo – good reds pitching and a great guy, and I bagged his groceries when I was 15

Blast from the past: Joe Morgan – I can’t say I care for his commentating all that much, but joe was a dominant force in the seventies, consecutive mvp’s from second base, and he really seemed like the heart of the BRM.

Looking ahead: Felipe Lopez – in the tradition of barry, felo has a chance to be a long time great at shortstop for the reds, I love his bat speed, and I love how hard he worked after a humiliating first call up. he's got heart.

2. If you were Dan O'Brien and Lindner gave you 35 mil to work with what would be your goals with the off-season (Free Agency and/or Trades)?

A: I’m not sure whether you mean 35 mil total, or 35 mil in addition to what I already have. 35 mil total ain’t gonna happen with the contracts we’ve already given people, and an increase of 35 mil takes us to 95 mil or there abouts, and that seems equally unlikely.

But here’s my off-season plan if I had some money to work with.

All the reds really need is starting pitching and right now we have 2 spots to fill. I’d like Belisle and Wilson to duke it out for one of those spots, because I think belisle could do it and paul would be a good reliever. Then I try to trade kearns and pena, and see what I can get. I would be throwing in prospects when needed, and the players/teams I would be looking at first would be:

B. webb
    Twins youngsters
    J Patterson
    D Cabrerra/Eric Bedard
    H Ramirez
    KC youngsters

Or equivalent talent. If I can trade them both, I do it. If I can only trade one, I get the best pitcher possible. If I trade both, then I try to deal Milton to someone in a severe pitchers park for a pittance. If I can’t deal him, then he joins the battle for the last spot or the pen. Bottom line: Eric Milton, contract or no, will not be making 30 more starts for us if he is that bad. 2005 was his gift year, where he got to stay in the rotation because of his name. Now that’s over. And it’s time for us to win.

I think I’d also make a run at Nomar for second base. I hate rich aurilia and I would advise him to do baseball a favor and retire, but if he must play the game, to do it as far away from my clubhouse as possible. If nomar doesn’t work out, I’d look for other free agents, but wouldn’t over extend myself and would play freel there if necessary. It would also depend on what happens with the outfield, if I need freel to play there every day, then I would be more aggressive in looking for a 2b.

Dunn and Felo get long term deals, and I bring back larue and valentin to catch.

3. What are your favorite things to do at a ballgame?

A : Being called out of the stands in the middle of the ninth after our closer comes down with temporary insanity, signing an impromptu contract and having the manager give me a heart to heart man to man about how the team’s behind me and we just need three outs to get to the series, and how I should trust my stuff, and not try to do to much, because I’ve had it all along, and then getting solemn high fives from the all the reds, and a fist pound and a grin from Jr., taking the mound with the crowd urging me on, and the commentators going berserk about how this has never happened before in history, and just pitching the way I know I can, hitting my spots, and keeping Giambi, A-Rod, and Sheffield off balance with my slurve, change, and 70 mph heat, getting one grounder, having Jr. rob a double on a diving catch then giving me a little nod and telling me that there are two down, and a swinging strike 3 after a 12 pitch battle, winning the game, doing the hop, and being met by barry larkin at the plate who adopts me on the spot, and seeing the ghost of abner doubleday in the stands, who turns out to be my great great great grandfather and gives me the double point ala many Ramirez.

I’d say those are my favorite things to do at a game.

Mostly I yell, but I also enjoy breaking my vegetarianism and imbibing beverages of a sociable nature. Also I make outrageous predictions about the smallest details in the game, like whether a batter is sitting curveball, and usually proclaim myself to be correct, probably because I am.

1.What do you believe will be the next "big" statistic in terms of being recoginized by the casual fan. IE, OPS over the past few years.

A: For offense I would hope that something like the stat I worked out in my anti-ops article that captures the same things that OPS does and more, but is more easily understood in game terms would come around, but I doubt it. I think VORP will probably catch on, but it’s too complicated for people to generate at home for the most part, so it might be a simplified version. On the other side, I think BA with RISP will fade, in the same way that BA has faded in general. I could see something like slugging with runners on replacing it.

For pitching I think ground ball to fly ball ratio might catch on in the next 5 to 10 years as something that people notice more and talk about. There aren’t too many crappy pitchers at the top of that list. I’ve seen some basic measures of “stuff” and I could see those being refined and coming into people’s discussions, since everyone loves to talk about “stuff.” It would involve swings and misses maybe, difference in speed from pitch to pitch, stuff like that.

2. You are presented with a hypothetical situation, a deal with the devil more or less. Essentially you have the power to trade for a guranteed World Series appearance/win in 2006 but to get that it would also gurantee that the Reds would be 6th place in the Central for the following ten seasons. Would you do that deal? (I left the World Series to be either an appearance or a win since some might not like a guaranteed win since there is no suspense which is a large reason in which why we watch from day to day.)

A: No chance. The team that scores the most runs in the regular season could easily be a playoff team in a year or two. The reds have a legitimate argument that they are close to the post season, and it’s those runs. Any bad team can say that with this or that they’d be in the post season, but the reds poor season this year was pretty historic for how many runs they scored. With moderate improvements in their pitching they could be right there.

3. What are the three biggest problems with the world in which could be fixed with a reasonable solution?

A: Big question, and I’m running out of time, so I’ll limit my response to: reasonable is too broad of a term, since what I see as reasonable might not only be unreasonable to someone else, but in fact preposterous. However in my opinion (and I’m limiting my thought on this to this country, sorry) homelessness/joblessness could be all but eradicated, universal healthcare could be instituted, and pubic education could be made respectable in all areas of the country with straightforward and reasonable changes to our current budget, tax code, and insurance regulations.

That would give us a really good start toward fixing other things I think.

1.It appears that some psychological disorders are not universal. In other words, there appear to be culture-bound syndromes, or disorders within particular groups of people.

For example, in the Pacific Islands there is a behavior pattern called AMOK which is seen among men and is characterized by brooding followed by a violent outburst Often started by a slight or insult. Other examples:

Brain *** (West Africa) a mental and physical reaction to the challenges of schooling.
    Koro (East Asia) intense anxiety that sexual organs will recede into body and cause death.
    Dhat (India, China) severe anxiety associated with the discharge of semen and feelings of exhaustion.
    Shenkul (China) anxiety and panic with bodily complaints attributed to life-threatening loss of semen.
    Susto (Latin America) Illness related to a frightening event that makes the soul leave the body.
    Eating Disorders (United States) Is this a culture-bound syndrome?
    Multiple Personality Disorder (United States) Is this a culture-bound syndrome too?

source: Case Studies in Abnormal Behavior (4th Ed.) Meyer

Robert Meyer makes the argument that our culture here in the United States has created some psychological disorders, e.g., eating disorders and multiple-personality disorder (now known as Disassociative Indentity Disorder or DID), because these only seem to be frequent in the United States and Europe.

Are these two disorders a creation of our society as Meyer argues?

A: I don’t think that any disorders or diseases (human concepts remember) are created by societies, but it’s complicated. I think that there are intrinsic elements of our physiology and psychology (what I will call bio-information) that lead to the development of what we call diseases and disorders, but this bio-information needs a “substance” or “content” to manifest itself, and the social context provides this.

Take cancer for example. It has been documented that if you grow up under power lines that you are more likely to develop cancer in your life, but we know that it is possible to get cancer in other ways, so we wouldn’t say that power lines make cancer, our bodies do. The power lines just act as a trigger for specific bio-information.

In the same way, I think elements in our society can trigger specific bio-information that leads to the creation of eating disorders and DID, but it would be presumptuous to say that these disorders are purely creations of our society, because the intrinsic bio-information that leads to these disorders (chemical reactions in the brain and the like) would have been triggered in a different way by other different cultural cues, leading to other disorders like brain ***, or disorders like artistic genius.

In the end I guess I should have just said, yes and no.

2. Who has the most power, Pena, Stratton, or Dunn?

You don’t think I’d take the name of a second rate power hitter do you? I go Wily all the way.

3. Why do you enjoy posting at S3F?

I think there’s a good balance of information, opinion, and speculation, at least on the reds board. I’ve only seen a few instances of people being completely unreasonable in discussions, and the moderators are pretty dang good.

1) Are you going to pick a Reds fan for the next hot seat?

A: If at all possible

2) Why are you going to pick a Reds fan for the next hot seat?

A: We’re naturally more interesting than everyone else, it’s in our bio-information.

3) Which Reds fan will you pick for the next hot seat?

A: Probably red hot mama if she’ll accept, I’ve liked her blog for a while now and she’s just started posting here, so it’ll be a good way for the community to get to know her.
    Reds MVP Race

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Why don't we just rename this "Strike 3 Forums Hot Seat" to "Reds Fans Only Hot Seat"?

This should be illegal.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Damn, and I thought we ran out of fairly active posters! Well, if that person is new that's... ok, but, ..what the hell, reds fans multiply like rabbits.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AAA ERA
    They all have time to post in the Clubhouse because the team was done months ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast