Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #26 - Slyder

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #26 - Slyder

Slyder, your Hot Seat Questions have been asked here. You have 5 days to answer them and proceed to select the next Hot Seat Victim. Good luck.

MLB ERA
    Good Golly some of these are way out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDave
    1) If the wind is blowing northerly at 41MPH, a train is traveling from Chicago to Knoxville at 65MPH, the ambient air temp is 74 degrees fahenheit, and diesel fuel costs aproximately $2.49 per gallon... what color hat is the conductor wearing?
    Cincinnati Red, since he is clearly heading home after watching the reds beat the cubs at wrigley .

2) If you had a free pass to commit any crime, without fear of punnishment, what would you do and why?
    I dont really know, theres sooooo many things I would love to do to soooo many people that it requires much longer thought process. Ill probably answer this question later.

After further review, probably get a nest egg of money free of charge and retire to whereever my legs carry me .

3) Grapefruit... With sugar or just like it is?
    Neither, cant stand Grapefuits. Oranges (many assortments), Apples, Grapes are more my thing.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    1] When at restaurants, are you tempted to steal the silverware or drink coasters? Or even the glasses? Or have you done it before..
    I have dopne it before, usually when the service sucks Ill take some stuff, but usually I wont.

2] I've been told by both Porter and General that you are seeking revenge against me in their ATH games. Do you sleep at night, bothered by the fact? Do you wake up in cold sweats after countless nightmares where I'm beating you over and over again? ..ha
    Na nothing more than having to read Slyder's Nook and remembering how I got robbed on that show .

3] Of all the current and/or living managers, who would you want most to be the manager of the reds? And why? And if the reds blow while he's managing, do you fire him?
    Any Living or current managers hmm. If I could have my pick of guys when they were in their managerial careers I would have to take Sparky Anderson, he did so much with Cincy and kept the egos from destroying everything. If you go with as they are now... I have to say bring back Lou Pinella, he won here in 1990, has a desire to win, gets the young players to play for him, you can never have too much energy out of your manager.

Whats the circumstances? Ie real short time then no I wont fire someone after just 40 games. If its been that way for a year or two I probably would eventually.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Sports: Tennis, Golf or Soccer. Which is the most boring to watch on TV?
    Soccer is by far the least boring of these sports. Theres actually more than 1 person to watch, and also 100000 times more contact.

Golf and Tennis are both boring, but I must choose one. So I got to go with the sports that you hear *almost a whisper why i dont know* "Tiger lines up a 40 ft putt for birdie, this should break right to left going down hill. He's got to be careful not to hit it past... Theres the putt... by jove he made it. * translation ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Quote Originally Posted by lynch
    Weather: What's worse? Really hot/humid or cold/blistery.
    Really hot and humid. No matter how cold it gets you can always layer more clothes to keep warm, if its scorching hot, you can only take so much off before you get A) arrested for indecent exposure B) the snot kicked out of you for being a perv or C) you meet your "good buddy" named Bubba.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch
    Internet: Did Al Gore really invent it?
    No

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    1) Who is your number one inspiration in life?
    My dad.

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    2) What's your favoite subject/class in school?
    Gotta be history

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan
    3) Who will win the basketball battles between UC and WVU this year?
    Since I know nothing about UCs basketball team, im going to go with better mascot. Yes Bearcats maybe dangerous in the wild, but the Mountaineer has that rifle Adv Mountaineers.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by RockSports17, the poster formerly known as GoYankees
    1) Slyder, why so patient with the Twins in S3SL? You know they're not the greatest. (No blaming previous GMs )
    Well when I have a whole staff of overpaid and underacheiving ninnies like:

Adam Eaton
    Johann Santana
    among others who are no longer in the majors or I cant find them.

And my best pitching prospect at the time was
    Ronarudo Soshu (who was like 4,6,5 and 25 years old). I really didnt have much choice.

Plus I wasnt sure what 6.5's new features would do to FAs, Fan Interest, etc so I just decided to go younger.

2 a) You're favorite NFL teams, the Raiders, are at a 0-2 record. Let's be real, they're pathetic. Why are they sucking so bad with Moss as their #1 wideout? Wasn't Moss suppose to open up Curry, Porter, and the others? Is it Kerry Collins? The running game? Defense? I'd like to hear your opinion on them. I already know why they suck.....(They're the Raiders)
    How many teams have had to play both super bowl participants from last year within the first three weeks? I would gladly trade schedules with anyone, and if we did wed be at least 2-1 so far this year. I agreed with bringing in Jordan, everyone knows how truely awful our RBs were last year (which didnt help the amount of time the D was on the field). I was luke warm when it came to Moss because our passing game was already good. I truely think that the schedule is the main culprit for the record as no one has had it tougher the first three weeks. The only way the NFL could have made it tougher is if the KC game was @KC or had us play @Denver (but then shannarat and co couldnt use their best advantage... pelting players with snow along with the "questionable tatics employed by the o-line").

2 b) If the Raiders had the 3rd pick last year and Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers were off the board, who would've you wanted the Raiders to pick? (Note: I didn't want you to say Smith and Rodgers, because Smith or Rodgers would've been a clear answer mainly because we know Collins sucks)
    If I had the third pick and none of the signings occured I probably would have gone with Derrick Johnson just to get some true OLB playing.

3) The question has always been, "Power or Contact in OOTP." We know each others stances on the matter. Heck, you may finally join the "right" side one day. You're learning. But why contact over power? Power can be a powerful tool and some great hitters are more of a power hitter then a contact hitter. (IE: Adam Dunn).
    You cant hit homers if you dont make contact and you give the defense an easy out if you K. Plus with the Twins I inherited most of the guys in the lineup from previous gms and havent had the money to go seriously into free agency (3 mil yr 1, 8 mil yr 2, last year wasnt sure how OOTP 6.5 would affect).

Also my park is rated in the mid 20s in HRs but top 5 in 2bs and 3bs so I orinially built my team on the blueprint of my park but guys like Guzman were getting older. Now I will be looking to add some power but that could change if a couple former #1 picks came calling saying their talent was topped out.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    I plan on answering almost all of them, but I am just answering them as I can between classes and dont want to answer any right now that require me to think of something witty to say.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

MLB ERA
    Good answers so far, but don't cop out of the UC/WVU question.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, elaborate on how Mike Gansey shall shred the 'cats' defense.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Just an FYI for Slyder - there are two days left to answer the remaining questions, or else you will be subject to harsh penalties (such as not being allowed to ask questions in future Hot Seats). Thanks for your cooperation.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Or make him pay everyone who asked him questions 5 bucks each.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    One day left for the rest of the answers.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    He's taking so long because he's researching for my questions.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    As long as they get answered. We have each put in far too much time for this to be brought to an abrupt end just like that. I trust Slyder, he'll come through with flying colors.

MLB ERA
    Life has been crazy for me, had to work today when i didnt expect to, classes, and soccer have just about absorbed all of my life.

And now without further daily, On with the answering of the questions.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast