Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #25 - CincyRedsFan30

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Strike 3 Forums - Hot Seat Answers #25 - CincyRedsFan30

CincyRedsFan30, your Hot Seat Questions have been asked here. You have 5 days to answer them and proceed to select the next Hot Seat Victim. Good luck.

MLB ERA
    DD:

1) If you really wanted to get back at someone who wronged you, someone who wronged you severely... and you did not want to be caught... what is the most sneaky, underhanded thing you think you would do?

A: Murder them and make absolutely sure NO ONE is watching.

2) If you had to switch places with one other person living in the world today, for just 1 day and 1 day only, who would you switch with and why?

A: Wow. Tough question. I would have to go with Al Franken though, because then I would have a better perspective when it came to his satirical liberal rantings along with his lying liar and the lying liar who is telling them ethics.

3) What is worse... 1) Stepping in a puddle of dog piss with only your socks on 2) Having a head cold and sneezing a bunch of goo all over your windshield while you are driving 3) Noticing you have severely stinky arm pits when you are trying to hit on a girl 4) Noticing you just ran out of beer, and it is only 5 minutes before the closing of your nearest beer store, and you live 10 minutes away

A: Number one wouldn’t be cool, but I’d live. Number three would be bad if it was someone you really liked a lot. I wouldn’t care about number four, because beer isn’t “my” brand of alcohol. I would have to go with number two, because I hate having a cold and if I sneezed on the windshield, that could mean I’d lose control of the wheel and/or my seeing abilities which could cause me to wreck and possibly die.

Zito:

1] Outline your ideal policy to run the country if you were our president.

A: Republicans take over everything and nuke countries that promote terrorism.(I don’t want any lip over this response. I’m just telling it like it is for me)

2] If you had to drink a gallon of spoiled milk, flat pop(soda), pool water, or ketchup that's a year old, which would you pick and why?

A: I would have to pick the flat drink, because while it doesn’t taste particularly good, it wouldn’t taste particularly bad either. Spoiled milk/pool water= disgusting/chlorine. Ketchup I only like on certain things to begin with, although I’m not sure how bad it would be after a year.

3] You own and run the Cincy Reds, but are forced to deal Junior and Adam Dunn. Your only options in moving Junior are to the Yankees or the Diamondbacks, and you may move Dunn only to Colorado or Seattle. Which team gets which player, and reasonably, what are you getting out of them? (DK wanted something lengthy, sorry).

A: Junior goes to the Yankees so he has the chance to win a Championship. Dunn goes to Colorado to enhance his career numbers. I would hope to get a couple of pitchers out of each one of them. I really can’t get into specifics of who right now. I would have to make that decision at the time, and I just can’t do that right now.

ATL:

1) Who is to fault for the current stale state in the music industry.. is it just because there is no good talent out there, or do you believe it's the record companies at fault for always trying to follow their formula to make a quick hit?

A: I think it’s a combination of both elements. There isn’t nearly as much talent out there as there used to be, but the record companies are all after the dollar signs too, so they don’t really think about the future as much as they probably should.

2) What is the most innovative group/artist out there today?

A: That’s a tough one. I can’t really think of one group that stands out as far as being more innovative than any other.

3) Who is to blame for the lack of originality today in music?

A: The artists. Some of them don’t seem to put much energy into their music. They seem to be content with making money and recording something that takes little effort to produce and very little writing talent to compose. The faster they can get the song out and the more they can promote it, the better in their mind. Some of them look to use vulgarity as a means to get some to think the music is “funny”, which is really a lame way of going about things if you ask me.

DK:
    - Does communism work as a social and political system? How would you feel if you were to live in a society where there is no hierarchy and everyone is of equal status? What are the pros and cons for you? Discuss.
    A: No, it doesn’t work. Look at the pinkie communists of the 50’s. They were a bunch of lunatics and the system causes more hurt than anything else. I would be pretty PO’d about living in a society like that. There really are no pros for me when it comes to that.

2 - Should New Orleans be totally rebuilt? Partially? If so, how? And what methods/procedures should be taken to prevent future disasters? Discuss.
    A: I would only rebuild the parts that are guaranteed to sustain life and entertainment again. If it seems the only way to repair a particular area would be to spend a HUGE amount of money, with very questionable results, then I probably wouldn’t take the risk. As for methods that should be taken to prevent future disasters… I would have to say that FEMA and the government has to be more coordinated well before the storm. Also, people should feel more pressure to leave. I’m not sure how, but they should.
    3 - How can the Cincinnati Reds return to their glory days of the '70s? What must Reds management do in order to make the Reds competitive? Discuss.

A: Develop pitching is the best method, although with the right trades, they could become pretty competitive. Dan O’Brien and John Allen need to go and the new owners must keep a payroll in place that will make competing easier. The pitching needs to be YOUNG and talented so we can sustain the success for a number of years. There really is no other way to reach the goal.

777:
    What do you think looks better 360, PS3 or the Rev?
    A: I would have to say PS3, because I haven’t really seen much of the other two.
    What was te first video game you played?
    A: That would be Mario/Duckhunt, which I got with my Nintendo when I was about 5 or something like that.
    What is the best/worse video game you have played?
    A: The best I’ve played is Madden NFL(any year really) and I don’t really have a worst.

Hmark:
    1) Leo Tolstoy said in Anna Karenina: "All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." Isn’t that the truth? Is there any better way to summarize the lie of moral relativism?
    A: I believe that is the truth. Pretty well stated. Tolstoy is a good author.

2) Physicist, Hubert Yockey, once wrote, "The belief that life on earth arose spontaneously from non-living matter, is simply a matter of faith in strict reductionism and is based entirely on an ideology." Knowing this and the notion of panspermia, who do you think is practicing "bad science": the people derisively being called "religious"(creationists) or the "enlightened ones"(atheists/Darwinists) who are really just as religious as the "religious"?

A: Bad science= those who call themselves “enlightened.” I am a believer in The Creator, and I just can’t agree with any other thinking on that very opinion-based, arbitrary issue.

3) Which problem is harder for sociologists to explain: a) The logical assertion that inherently good people combine to form a “bad” society that, in turn, corrupts previously good people or, b) The empirical fact that sociologists consistently explain around ten percent of the variance in delinquency while refusing to use the term “free will” to explain the other 90% of the variance. Please support your answer.

A: The one involving logic isn’t a fact, so it is based more on being reasonable. However, it could still be wrong because there is no conclusive proof that it is right.

Husker:

1) Where do you see yourself in five years?
    A: Writing for the Reds at one of the local Cincy papers! J

2) Where is the best place to propose to a woman, in your opinion?
    A: A place that illustrates/brings to life best the love shared between the female and yourself. Perhaps a public setting in front of a lot of people (like a baseball game…I always like seeing those brave folks proposing at games).

General:
    1.) Discuss, in detail, the best A.) Beer B.) Vodka C.) Liquer you've ever drank. Brand, how much, how often, etc.
    A: A) N/A- blah B) Haven’t tried it C) Bourbon- Maker’s Mark is the best because it’s made in Kentucky!(Just like between 95 and 99 percent of it is!). I drink it every once in a while and I had my most ever at the club we went to in London in July. I had about three or four Bourbon’s with Coke, but a couple of them must have been double shots based on the amount they put in. The British always add more. I was a bit out of it by the end of that night.

2.) What will the Reds' record be in 2006?
    A: I am going to go with (81-81) for now, but that could change depending on how the question below this one goes in actuality.

3.) What are the transactions you want the Reds to do over the off-season.
    A: I want them to trade Eric Milton if possible, and if not (probably), dump him. I want them to look to trade an outfielder (Pena) for starting pitching. I would also like to see Casey traded for pitching if he would get us any.

Geki:
    Who's your favorite player on the Reds?
    A: Griffey, but I also like Dunn, Freel and Casey a lot

What's your opinion on Rich Aurilia?
    A: The same as your opinion of Rich Aurilia. J
    What do rich people need, poor people have, is greater than God, more evil than the Devil, and if you eat it you will die?

A: MMMM… forbidden doughnut! Seriously, you know this question is impossible.

Providence:
    1) (5 parts)
    a) When does muscle glycogen become the major substrate during exercise? A: After ½ hour
    b) What happens to the rate of muscle glycogen utilization as exercise continues? A: Increases
    c) What is the interaction between blood glucose and glycogen phosphorylase activity during glycolysis?
    A:They glocophosphorylaseize. Umm, yeah.
    d) What effect, if any, do alterations in blood glucose levels (i.e. availability to muscle) have on muscle glycogen utilization during exercise?
    A: Causes it to decrease,.
    e) How does muscle glycogen and other substrate availabilty influence muscle glucose and liver glycogen/glucose uptake during exercise?
    A: It doesn’t influence it.

2) What are the physiological differences between the following regarding cardiovascular drift (no dehydration or hyperthermia, dehydration, dehydration and hyperthermia)? Be sure to address factors like venous pooling, core temperature, blood volume, epinephrine, and cold vs. hot effects. A: Yawn. Oh, sorry, I fell asleep and then woke up and had already typed this answer while sleeping somehow. Oh well.

3) (3 parts)
    a) How does physical inactivity contribute toward an increase in risk for onset of metabolic related diseases?
    A: It contributes by contributing.

b) What are the etiologies and risk factors for osteoporosis, diabetes, HIV, cancer, cardiovascular disease, and arthritis?
    A: Death to all ye who enters.

c) How do exercise interventions during cancer treatment improve biopsychosocial outcomes?
    A: They do by doing.

Leo:
    1) if not for the Reds, who would be your favorite baseball team?
    A: St. Louis Cardinals quite naturally

2) If the Reds were on the verge of winning the NL Central...with a sub .500 record, what would be your opinion of your team? Would you be happy that they're in the playoffs, or would you be of the opinion that they don't deserve it?

A: I would be pleased to see them in the playoffs, but I would have a little bit of guilt about making it there with a record that really isn’t playoffs worthy.

3) Sort of a spinoff of the above question, if the Reds won the NL Central with a sub .500 record, but then went on to win the World Series what would be your take on that World Series victory?

A: I would like it and accept it gladly because the team will have proven they could beat the teams that had better records than them.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Mission:

What excites you the most, the start of the MLB season, NFL season or NCAA Basketball?
    A: I like all of them, but there is nothing like starting the MLB season in Cincy. Opening Day…wow.

If you had to pen one motto about life in general, what would it be?
    A: Life isn’t always good, but it IS life. Be grateful.

What was the best day of your life and why?
    A: That’s a toughie. I’m going to go with the “day”(although it was not exactly one specific day) when I knew my grandpa had beat lung cancer. He finally died from a heart attack a few years ago, but after knowing all the chemo and radiation he had went through to stay alive because he wanted to live so much, I knew that someone’s WILL can be huge in keeping someone alive. I truly believe it can help a lot in many situations. He(my grandpa) beat the lung cancer after the doctors had said he had a less than 5 percent chance of surviving it. That made me feel really good, because he was such a huge part of my family and the community.(He used to teach Little League when he was younger and was an accountant so he did taxes for many).
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No holding back detailed answers, good work man and thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading the answers.

MLB ERA
    Thanks mission. Although a few ? were tough to answer, I tried to come up with something.

I'm about ready to pick the next victim. Everyone can wait a few more min. in suspense...

And, after more than 10 topics and more than just one answer, there is only one winner... and that is my buddy Slyder, who will continue the Reds fan dominance over this scolding seat...

MLB ERA
    Thanks I think.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Psh. The answer to my riddle was nothing. Rich people need nothing, poor people have nothing, nothing is greater than God, nothing is more evil than the devil, and if you eat nothing, you will die. Gogo riddle power.

MLB ERA
    That's not fair.

"nothing" is not something that is greater than God. There IS nothing greater than God, but not SOMETHING called NOTHING that is greater than God.

MLB ERA
    Now you're just being picky about my awesome riddle.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Geki Ace
    Now you're just being picky about my awesome riddle.
    You used poor semantics and syntax to convey your meaning.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I called that shish. Go me!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    What did you call?

MLB ERA
    I copied and pasted the riddle. So ha.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    I called that shish. Go me!
    Could you call that again and order me a pizza with pepperoni? Its going to be a long night I can already tell.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Thanks mission. Although a few ? were tough to answer, I tried to come up with something.

I'm about ready to pick the next victim. Everyone can wait a few more min. in suspense...

And, after more than 10 topics and more than just one answer, there is only one winner... and that is my buddy Slyder, who will continue the Reds fan dominance over this scolding seat...
    i knew it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast