Thread: Hot Seat Answers #79 - General

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #79 - General

General, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#80) will begin on Wednesday, August 19th, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Re: Hot Seat Answers #79 - General

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Question 1: Rank the following S3F Members in terms of which you think would be more entertaining to sit back, watch a game and have a beer with:

NYGF
    Browntown
    CJ
    Mofo
    Prov

Question 2: What exactly are you the General OF?

Question 3: If you had the connections to do absolutely anything you wanted...what would you want to do with your life?

Prov, Mofo, Browntown, NYGF, CJ. Going purely by how long I've know each of them.

My old username was Generalissimo (look up what it means), and I switched it to General since everyone calls me General/Gen anyway.

I would get myself into Pritzker med school and then take it from there myself. I might wind up going there anyway, but it'd be nice to avoid studying for the MCATs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    1. On a scale of 1 to 100, 100 being the best, how awesome is Martin Prado?

2. Evaluate these users as OOTP GMs:

Saber
    Providence A's
    HollywoodLeo
    mntwinsfan
    cjkalt

3. Why do you insist on continuing to add me on facebook?
    Prado is about a 79 in my book. If he finishes the year batting over .300, bump it up to 83. I love watching him play though, and I really hope he keeps on hitting well.

Saber: makes the little moves that everyone deems insignificant or unnecessary but they prove to be crucial. Often makes signings/trades that make people go "wat," but later on, those moves look very good. Can't think of a bad move that he has pulled in any league.

Prov: good GM, likes making moves in spurts (often does nothing, then wham bam and he's just acquired 3 all-starts). Prov is an excellent evaluator of players beyond just their ratings/performances, i.e., how they fit in with the whole team (much like Saber.)

Leo: still relatively new to the game, needs to work on building a team as opposed to building a lineup of players.

mntwinsfan: makes a lot of moves that make you go "wat." Needs to be more patient with his teams. Also, needs to be more active.

cjkalt: lolidunno, he beat me in the TBSL WS.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    1) If these S3F members were a beer, what type of beer would they be?

Prov
    nick
    DiamondDave
    cjkalt
    Porter
    Hammer

2) A Yankee's fan from Chicago? Explain?

3) I just read http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...offensive.html On a scale of 1 to 100, 100 being the top, how do you rank this thread?

I assume you meant brand, so I'll go by that:

Prov: Killian's Irish Red
    nick: Ommegang Abbey Ale
    DD: Old Rasputin
    cjkalt: Bud Light with lime
    Porter: Guinness
    Hammer: Dogfishhead IPA

I am from NYC originally, I just go to school in Chicago. Also, now I live here, so, uh, lolidunno.

That thread is a 100/100.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Pacino View Post
    1. Dry1313 is a miserable piece..of giraffe secretion...that said..why the hell is anyone from "New York"..cheering for the not really America's team, Dallas..Cowboys? Explain it to me!

2. What saves the world first: math, History, Peter Gammons, Tim Lincecum's wind up, NASA, or another documentary movie from Al Gore?

3. Plaxico Burress...shot himself..and Mike Vick..played UFC with dogs..why do we have to care so much compared to.. people doing drugs or getting drunk..and murdering people, and then giving them big contracts..and yes they're still playing in the NFL. What the hoohaa?

F*ck if I know. He never really explained it to me either, I just mock him for it.

Math.

Because we as a society have our priorities and ideals in the complete wrong place. That is, our ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    1. Do you think that John Smoltz will retire now that hes released from the Saux?

2. Who was the better corner? Deion Sanders or Rod Woodson?

3. Did Eli Manning deserve the contract extension?

I thought he already did retire?

Sanders, as I did not watch as much of Woodson in his prime. Sanders was unstoppable as a pure cover corner.

He deserved the extension, but I do think we overpaid for his services. Not much else we could do, really. What are you going to do, let him walk?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    1. You are at a party. You start chatting up a random girl. On a scale from 1 to 10, she's about a 6.5. Not great, but not too bad. The girl is really into you and she whispers into your ear that she wants to go down on you immediately. Right at that moment, the girl turns around and vomits all over the couch because she's had just a little too much to drink. You haven't had sex in about 3 weeks, so you're as horny as a rabbit on steroids. Do you let this girl give you a blowjob, even though she just barfed all over the couch not three seconds ago?

2. Would you ever have sex with a midget? If no, what would be the minimum height that a woman would have to be in order for you to sex her?

3. Have you ever peed sitting down?
    If I were single, and I am not, the answer would still be definitely not.

The minimum height to ride the General is 5'5

Nope, the occasion never arose.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's View Post
    1) Are you a communist? why or why not? explain your answer and show your work.

2) Why do people keep including me in the OOTP, Beer, etc. list type questions? I'm not that popular nor that important, right?

3) Are the Braves of the 90s the best team to only win 1 WS (the Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Avery years)? If not, what team is the best team to only win 1 WS when most feel they should have won more than 1?

No, I am not a communist. The ideology is flawed, and that's saying something, because it's theory is faulty; in practice, communism in its pure form is an unachievable disaster.

I guess the people have spoken otherwise.

Yes, I most certainly think so. They should have gotten more, but through rotten luck and lack of clutch performances (also, the Yankees), they only got one. Which is fine by me. 1>0

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Sorry, but you tend to be blunt with your answers.

1. What do you think about Bobby Knight's allegedly having waved soiled toilet paper at his players to show them what they were playing like?

2. Cristiano Ronaldo - worth the 80 million euros ($130 million US) and more or not?

3. Briefly describe your worst choke job in a video game, i.e. getting wasted by the last standing enemy's machine gun or flamethrower in a stroke, your plane missing the last corona, flipping over your car in a timed race while you're in the lead, etc.
    I love Bobby Knight and his style. Players, and society in general, need to stop being a bunch of spoiled p*ssies and start acting like men.

Not a fan of Ronaldo, and I do think he's vastly overrated, but he brings a horde of followers to Madrid and he is a good footballer, so I would say he is worth it.

I think it was Vice City, one of the last missions, where hoards of guys rush at you in your mansion or some other enclosed space. I killed everyone, there was one guy left, and I decided to get fancy...threw a grenade, it bounced in a very unlucky fashion, and killed me. I had like 87 health, too. ****. Failed the mission at least 10 times after that.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    1. Whatever happened to the Obsolete_Sandman handle? And why did you change away from it?

2. If you were forced to choose, Braves or Yankees?

3. Which of all the sim leagues you've been in is your favorite?

Well, things change when you turn 14. You start, uh, not being a ****ing idiot, for one.

Yankees.

S3SL, class at its finest. Although TPSL is the most fun for me, S3SL is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I choose Guybrush77 for the next hotseat. If not him, then Waruveggiemon.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Are either Fisher/guybrush still here?!?

Smoltz refused minor league assignment but has not officially retired yet
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He should nominate joek
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Seriously though, if he would oblige to go again, I'd like our administrator, Kingdom to go next.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic