Thread: Hot Seat Answers #77 - Saber

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #77 - Saber

Saber, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#78) will begin on Tuesday, July 21st, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #77 - Saber

1. Honest assessment of these people as sim GMs:
    Porter99-Competent, probably doesn't make enough little moves.
    mntwinsfan-Long periods of doing nothing, then tries to fix it all at once. Never works.
    General-same as Porter
    Providence A's=DiamondDave a few years ago

2. Who has the best chance to win the world series this season outside of anyone in the AL East and why?

I would say the Dodgers have the best shot, and would be even better if they apportioned playing time correctly. If the Giants get the Wild Card, I wouldn't want to face them.

3. Will you go undefeated in my fantasy baseball league?

I though nyjunc had a shot last week, but then I pulled away and it wasn't close, despite the fact that I left about 50 points on the bench. Yup, it looks like I won't be invited into the league next year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

hell yeah you'll be invited
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

AWEFULLSPELLARE GO COBS!!!!1

Dang, "same as porter," ouch.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

1. If S3F had a member gathering and none of the girls attended and you had no idea what everybody else looked like, is it likely that ATLien, being the only other Hispanic dude in the house, would be the first one you would converse with?

Wouldn't matter to me if any girls attended:

Anyway, I'd talk to mish first, of course. He's killed time for me for years. I had no idea ATLien was hispanic. Honestly, I just figured out that his username stood for Atlantean.

2. Do you still believe Tim Lincecum will blow out his arm or have reduced success given the history of pitchers with his size and his pitching delivery?

Guy's a freak. He's not a guy working from a huge power base like Sabathia, he's just a gymnast. You can't reproduce his style or ability. I think he can pitch for a long time.

3. If you're the Rockies general manager, what type of pitchers (sinkerballers, submariners, hard throwers) would you stockpile in order to stand a chance year in and year out in the thin air of Coors Field?

Coors Field isn't that bad anymore since the humidor. I think you have to look for groundballers a little harder than most, but you just need good pitchers. When you focus too much on the home park, you end up like the Padres, where everyone looks great at home, and sucks on the road.

MLB ERA

The Padres problem isn't that they focus too much on the park but that they focus too much on the payroll.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

1. Remember when A's Baby Gurl used to report you all the time?

It's sad being offended all the time.

2. Favorite and least favorite aspects of law and being a lawyer? Furthermore, what type of law? Having lived with a divorce lawyer (my mother) most of my life who hates the entire thing, I'm curious to hear your opinion since you're just finishing or just finished lawschool, I'd assume.

I did just graduate, thank you. My favorite part about the law is the strategy aspect. What's the best way to approach a case? How should I talk to a jury? Will we get killed in court and should we just settle?

Divorce and family law is rough. People act like you break up families, but they were shot to hell before they ever got to you. I would like to become a prosecutor, but there aren't many opening for that in the county. Until then, I'm just looking to do anything I can.

There's an old political saying I think applies to law as well. You can eat well or you can sleep well.

3. Speaking of mothers, is yours fit?

Yes, but she likes her men stable. No drama.

MLB ERA

BONUS QUESTION!!!! The most important question of them all, since this is the one I'm most curious about!
    What's yer favorite S3F emoticon aka smilie?

MLB ERA

1) what are your thoughts on TC members undercutting non-TC members? i.e. swooping in to steal the deal away from said non-TC members before it has even been failed.

It's bad form, and one of the easiest ways to get rid of your GMs. If the council or the commissioner won't play fair, then what's the point? I was in a league where the commish constantly made lopsided deals with his girlfriend's team, and threatened anyone who questioned him with fines. What's next, changing the ages of players on your own team?

2) if you could go anywhere in the world for a vacation, where and why?

I'd say a safari in Africa, with some great white fishing thrown in.

3) if you could switch bodies with someone for a day, who would it be and why?

Superman, because he's Superman.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    1) what are your thoughts on TC members undercutting non-TC members? i.e. swooping in to steal the deal away from said non-TC members before it has even been failed.

It's bad form, and one of the easiest ways to get rid of your GMs. If the council or the commissioner won't play fair, then what's the point? I was in a league where the commish constantly made lopsided deals with his girlfriend's team, and threatened anyone who questioned him with fines. What's next, changing the ages of players on your own team?
    [/B]

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

1. Who would play you in a movie about your life and why?

I would be like Audie Murphy, and play myself, except an inch taller. Maybe they could dig a trench for other people to walk in when they're next to me, like they do with Antonio Banderas.

2. Worst sim league mistake you ever made?

Trading Donald Degroat as a prospect. I got Tom Loose for him, and Loose was great for a number of years, but Degroat's a Hall of Famer with 6 stuff. Having him for a mediocre farewell tour was embittering.

3. Aside from Stephen Strasburg, can you think of 3 reasons for Nationals fans to stay excited about their team?

Derek Norris, Bryce Harper, and no Jim Bowden.

MLB ERA

Do you follow baseball as much as you did 2 years ago? Four years ago? Why or why not?

Not as much now, mostly because I don't have the time. The bar exam is in 2 weeks. Trust me, when it's done, the game is back in my life, along with fishing and beer drinking.

Have you ever regretted wasting time doing this sim league shit?

Nope. The wife may, but I don't.

Hands-down, most dominating batter in a sim league ever? Starter? Closer?

Batter? That I remember, Morabito and Kotter were the best for a run of about 5 years. Before players were altered, I'd have to say I always noticed Jason Belcher. As far as a starter, as good as McCullough and Hage have been, they can't compare to Ron Belizario. Lord, he destroyed everyone. As far as closer, Jason Micheals Jr. is awesome, but I think I would use my own Jeffrey Tackitt.

MLB ERA

1. Who is the most captivating athlete of your time?

Uh, Tiger Woods?

2. Suppose you sat down at a bar with Missionhockey21, you ordered a drink and he ordered some ridiculously feminine drink, started talking, and then some ass-face decides to come up to you and mess with you. Do you tell him to **** off, tell him you're a lawyer and he's just been lawyer'ed, kick the guy in the shins, tell missionhockey21 to take care of the guy or do you cut off his arm with a light sabre?

I would put on my lawyer hat, headbutt the douche while wearing the hat, and then sue his ass for bruising my forehead. I'm not good with headbutts.

And Han shot first.

3. What is the lamest recognized American holiday? And are all Canadian holidays lame?

Arbor Day, and yes. Dominion Day? They celebrate the day that the English decided the LET THEM be independent? Pansies.

Yeah, Belizario was who I was thinking of too. Easily the most dominant/consistent pitcher I have seen in un-altered leagues.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

1. Do the Angels have what it takes to go all the way this year?

No. The best 3 teams in the AL are in the East.

2. Should the Angels give up the farm for Ray Halladay?

The Angels don't have the prospects to swing Halladay. Even if they did, it may not be the best move. The team needs hitters. The pitchers should come around eventually.

3. Why don't the Angels give Brandon Wood more playtime?

If I were to guess, I would say that the Angels' hitting philosophy emphasizes contact. The team abhors high strikeout hitters. Playing Wood means closing your eyes sometimes, and accepting those K's. I don't think they will do that, which is a shame, because I want to seem him get 400 PA's to show what he can do.