Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #76 - realmofotalk

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #76 - realmofotalk

realmofotalk, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#77) will begin on Thursday, July 9th, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Hot Seat Answers #76 - realmofotalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito
    1. What is the worst Al Pacino movie you have seen and why? Bonus Al Pacino question: he's never really done a straight up horror film (Devil's Advocate DOES not and I repeat, DOES not count), what kind of horror film should Al Pacino star in?

2. Are you as critical of your life as you are the dodgers?

3. Dodgers, lakers, Los Angeles Raiders (let's assume Al dies, the chargers are dumped in Canada, and Goodell grew balls), or whatever you have as a hockey team; which pro team winning a title brings you the most joy?
    1. I haven't seen what would most popular answer, Gigli. But even if I did, to me it doesn't count as an Al Pacino movie because he's not a leading star. I also haven't seen Two For the Money or S1mone. Of the ones I've seen, The Recruit comes closest to my mind as far as his worst film in which he starred in, but that had more to do with Colin Ferrell and cheesy chemistry with Bridget Moynahan. You know what, I don't think there is a bad Al Pacino movie, not one featuring modern Cartoon Al. It's because he will never bore you to sleep because he yells all the time and he owns a library of tough guy sayings.

The chase scene near the end of Carlito's Way had me pumping adrenaline as good as any straight up horror film. I think it takes a slasher horror film to rehash such suspense. Plus, in order to fully capture Al's emotions, the conflict must be personal and close to realistic. I don't want Al running from zombies or Cloverfield. He would be suitable for a role like the cursed Simon Fear of R.L. Stine's Fear Street Saga, whose character background has some similarities with Michael Corleone.

2. I should, but not really. Besides, my criticism of the Dodgers is really more a heat of the moment thing. I don't wish for Broxton to be weighed down and dumped into a river.

3. The Dodgers, just because they've been frustrating us Dodger fans for over 20 years and there is no justice until they win it all. That's not to say I don't want the Lakers to still win the championship every year, but the hunger for an NBA championship has subsided for now.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 06-13-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: I didn't give a very good answer for #2

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm answering Foster's questioins now, seeing how I've answered one of his already. Then back to Prov's.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster
    1. Is Manny playing in the minors, right or wrong?

2. If you were a 5 time NASCAR champ, and could get any sponsor in the world for your car, what company would you get to "brand" your car.

3. Your fantasy TV Crew that would call every baseball game you ever watch would be? 1 play by play, and 1 analysis type person.
    1. Yes, it's right. It's well within the rules, and it doesn't affect the major league standings in any way. The haters can ***** all they want, but the same benefit goes to any one of their players

2. dupont. I was first interested in Nascar because of Jeff Gordon and his #24 dupont car. The haters say the car's rainbow scheme is gay, but they don't know what they're talking about.

3. Vin Scully and a mime

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    1. What was the best week of your life? Basically, what happened to make it the best week of your life?

2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where and why?

3. Do you collect anything? If so what and what's your favorite collectible item that you own?
    1. I'll just say that any week above ground is a good week. That's the truth.

2. San Diego. I had resided there for awhile, and people aren't kidding about the perfectly balanced weather there. You can still sleep at night with the sheets covered during summer, unless of course you're fat and sweat a lot. Plus, the San Andreas Fault doesn't run through SD, so earthquakes aren't as big of a threat there as in LA or The Bay Area. The Rose Canyon Fault that does run through SD has been dormant for over 200 years. Granted, a big one is inevitable (as is the case for the San Andreas) but it's been estimated that it will be another 100 years before the Rose Canyon Fault moves.

3. I collect pictures of hot sports wives. My favorite one is Heather Prior with Mark at a charity golf event. DirtyKash knows what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 06-13-2010 at 09:40 PM. Reason: because **** you

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Favorite OOTP player from S3SL, evar?

Favorite beer?

Salad before dinner or fruits for dessert and why?
    1. Katsuhito Etsuya. Not only was his talent 10's across the board (with the exception of avoid K's being an 8, but that's as good as it gets for a non-contact based hitter) when I drafted him, but his actuals fulfilled his talent, and the rest is history.

2. My favorite beer? The one on the house. Corona, Dos Equis, Heineken, Sam Adams, Bud, Coors, I can't taste the difference. Whoever says he can is lying or full of himself. I'll just get whichever one's on sale in the store.

3. Fruits for dessert. I've never eaten salad before dinner. How is it a good idea to fill your stomach with veggies and dressing before getting to the entree?

Not sure, I always eat salad before dinner when it is served, not during or after.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    1. Why are you so hard on Chad Billingsley?

2. What should the Lakers do this offseason?

3. Who would be on your NL All-Star Roster, using the 1 per every team rule (33 spots)
    1. Because if you're to be the ace of the staff, aren't you supposed to shut down the opposition after your offense gives a 4-0 lead instead of coughing it back up to opposition?

2. Re-sign Trevor Ariza. He's proven to hit big shots and be their best defender. Then, re-sign Odom if he's willing to take a discount. He's not worth what he's been earning to revert back to crappy Odom, but I'd hate to lose his versatility and his knack to crash the boards. If both are gone, then they really have to make a run at Ron Artest (especially if the Cavs sign Ariza instead) to give Kobe a break on his defensive responsibilities. If they still can't sign a major free agent because of little cap room, then they have to consider moving Bynum and his escalated contract. Perhaps Bynum for Shane Battier, Aaron Brooks, and Chuck Hayes.

3. I have to get back to you on that one.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 07-02-2009 at 09:15 PM.

MLB ERA

hey I never asked my main man mofo a question in the other thread, so I'm going to do so in here. if you dont like it, eat my nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (yeah dk, eat em )

1. to live & die in la, is it the place to be?
    2. can you show me those pictures of mark & heather?
    3. anna benson probably smells like:

go go go!

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    3. Who would be on your NL All-Star Roster, using the 1 per every team rule (33 spots)
    National

C - Pablo Sandoval, SF;
    Reserves: Brian McCann, ATL

1B - Albert Pujols, STL
    Reserves: Prince Fielder, MIL; Adrian Gonzalez, SD; Joey Votto, CIN; Derrek Lee, CHI;

comment: Derrek Lee is in as the Cubs' lone representative, stealing Ryan Howard's spot

2B - Chase Utley, PHI
    Reserves: Freddy Sanchez, PIT (edging out Brandon Phillips of Cincinnati)

SS - Hanley Ramirez, FLA
    Reserves: Miguel Tejada, HOU

3B - David Wright, NYM
    Reserves: Mark Reynolds, ARI; Chipper Jones, ATL

OF - Ryan Braun, MIL; Brad Hawpe, COL; Justin Upton, ARI;
    Reserves: Raul Ibanez, PHI; Adam Dunn, WAS; Hunter Pence, HOU;

SP - Johan Santana, NYM; Tim Lincecum, SF; Matt Cain, SF; Dan Haren, ARI; Chad Billingsley, LA; Josh Johnson, FLA; Yovani Gallardo, MIL; Johnny Cueto, CIN; Javier Vazquez, ATL

RP - Francisco Rodriguez, NYM; Jonathan Broxton, LA; Ryan Franklin, STL; Heath Bell, SD

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Al Pacino
    1. You a fan of any Keanu Reeves movie?
    The Matrix trilogy, Constantine, Speed. Keanu, like whoa totally ruled dude.

2. Do you think.. Dwight Howard is capable of learning.. real low post moves...allowing him to be in the same breath as any other great big man... in the history of the NBA? I say he's at best.. an audible version.. of Dikembe Mutombo, HOO HAA COOKIE MONSTER NOM NOM NOM GOBBLE BASKETBALL
    I thought Patrick Chewing was teaching him some low post moves? But it's not Howard needs them to be mentioned among the greatest big men. He practically has a free ride to the Hall of Fame as long as he stays well-conditioned and averages 20 points and 10 boards every year.

3. Does Mitch Kupchak have incriminating evidence on the rest.. of the league's GMs? He got Gasol... for free, he got Ariza for... free, he got Fisher back.. for free.. and a guy he got for Shaq... was intrical ..to the lakers success the last two seasons... not to mention.. just when we thought he was.. a dolt... for dealing CARON for...KWAME- THE CORN ROW ***** CAN, he of course peddles Kwame..for.. Paul Gasol. Wha's he got. Nudes of all the wives?
    When you can get Gasol for Kwame, expiring contracts are just as good as nudie pics. Mitch got Fisher without giving up compensation only because of Fisher's daughter's medical condition; he got Ariza for Brian Cook because well, Otis Smith is not that great of a GM. He's the guy who overpaid Rashard Lewis and drafted Fran Vasquez only to have the pussy go back to Spain a day later.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Bonus question: How well do you see Ron Artest working out? Will he regain his offense-ive form, cause he really wasn't that good in that aspect last season.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    1. Between GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and GTA IV, which is your favorite and why?
    I can't comment much on GTA IV since I haven't played it all that much and I'm still getting used to the controls. Of the other three, based on gameplay, San Andreas wins simply because it's the finishing product of everything that made GTA III and Vice City great, with improved weaponry, the ability to reset your car's condition using the health cheat, and you aren't automatically wasted if you drive your car into a body of water. That said, San Andreas is just not my favorite plot. They basically took a West Coast equivalent of a Liberty City South Side Hood member and had him to slaughter and screw over all three Liberty City Mafia families all by himself. It's bullshit. On the other hand, the legend of Tommy Vercetti is appealing because maybe there is an ex-mobster drug kingpin out there in Miami, and it is his story, only that you don't know it because today he's an unassuming 50-something year old rich white guy.

2. Has your opinion of Juan Pierre changed any after his current play during Manny's absence?
    I'm still not a fan of his game, he's still bad at situational hitting and he takes too many chances. But I have a lot more respect for him, as he was handed the job when Manny was suspended, and all he's done is play the best two months of his career, including a game in which he won over many Dodger fans by batting 3-for-5 against Tim Lincecum. Hey, it's just Pierre picking on somebody his own size.

3. Would you root for the Chargers if they moved to LA? Or do you still secretly root for the Raiders?
    Yes, I would root for the Chargers if they moved to LA, even with A.J.'s overinflated ego in tow.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    then they really have to make a run at Ron Artest
    They just signed him today.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom_of_Zito View Post
    Bonus question: How well do you see Ron Artest working out? Will he regain his offense-ive form, cause he really wasn't that good in that aspect last season.
    It's not a perfect fit, as he does take bad shots, which is tolerable during the regular season but can haunt the team during a short playoff series, and I believe he's played in the Triangle Offense only during his years under Tim Floyd in Chicago. However, you know at least that he'll bring it on defense every night, and it takes a huge burden off Kobe from having to defend the other team's best scorer. Most importantly, this signing softens the blow of losing Ariza, who has made strides but still has holes in his game. Just the thought of Ron being an agitator to Ray Allen or Paul Pierce has me excited.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

They got Artest cheaper than what Ariza is signing for, which I think Ariza might be overpaid since Houston has no Kobe or Gasol. Or Yao or TMac for that matter.

Still keep Odom?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast