Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #75 - rockin500

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #75 - rockin500

rockin500, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#76) will begin on Saturday, June 20th, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #75 - rockin500

Questions by Nick:

1. favorite gyro joint in chicago (ever been to kings' III?). dont really have a favorite gyro joint per se. I like the small hole in the wall places for whatever reason when it comes to gyros. i also like Marquette Inn's gyros

2. favorite hotdog joint in chicago (ever been to superdawg?) this may be sacrilege for one who lives in chicago, but i dont particularly care for hot dogs in general.

3. cubs achilles heel THIS season... its gotta be their offense. the lack of depth in their lineup has shown up with the lack of scoring runs.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

originally posted by ATLien:
    1.)Favorite dessert item?
    2.)Favorite kind of fruit?
    3.)Favorite brand of cola?
    dessert? hmmm... thats tough! probably an M&M blizzard from DQ.

dont really eat a lot of fruit, but i do love granny smith apples.

and cola has gotta be pepsi. Its the only cola that i really care for. coke can only be mixed with jack or rum for me to actually like it all that much.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

originally posted by: Kingdom
    1. Do you believe that there exists another planet in which we humans could actually take residency on? Why or why not.

2. Why do you think people pay so much attention to the celebrity news websites and TV shows, should anyone ever care what someone buys or where someone eats?

3. Let's pretend that the Chicago Cubs were in the AL and had the DH, so we put Soriano at DH. Where would Soriano bat for the majority of the season in the lineup if the decision was solely on your hands? And would it better for them to have kept DeRosa and use the Jason Marquis financial relief on someone that would have cost lest than Milton Bradley?
    1. yes, i believe theres another planet in which we could live on. Mostly, because there are so many main sequence stars (untold billions) like our sun that the odds are against there NOT being one.

2. No one should ever care what some celebrity eats or is doing and all that fun stuff. I think there are a lot of people who are easily amused by what they are doing.

3. not leadoff. I'd probably bat him 5th or so. As for keeping Derosa, and using marquis's money on someone cheaper than bradley, I would say yes. I liked Derosa. I never really cared for those moves, but I didnt think it would blow up this bad. especially with ramirez going down, derosa could have plugged the gap there much better than whats going on now.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

originally posted by Providence

1. if you weren't an engineer, what would you be doing? what would you like to do if you were qualified to do so?

2. The Simpsons: still excellent or down the shitter several seasons ago? explain why one way or the other.

3. Would you be upset if the Cubs turned Wrigley field into a stadium that resembles a NASCAR car more than a stadium due to the large amounts of advertisements?
    1. I'd probably be a musician or a writer. I still do a bit of writing, but not as much as i used to. I'd like to be a frontman for a metal band. I can do the death metal vox.

2. I was never really a big simpsons fan, but I was more of a fan of them in the earlier days when it was more fresh. The episodes that I do catch nowadays do seem to be trying too hard.

3. Yes it would bother me if they went overboard on the advertisements. What the cubs have done so far has been plenty and in most parts hasnt really detracted from the ambiance of the ballpark. I dont mind advertising in parks, but theres gotta be a realistic limit.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Originally posted by Foster:

1) If "Wrigley" had to be renamed, what corporate sponsorship would you choose, and what would be the name of such ballpark?
    2) If you were in charge of ESPN, who would you have as your Sunday night crew? 1 play by play guy, and 1 for analysis
    3) What in you opinion is the greatest feet in engineering history?
    1. I dont think i could like it as a "corporate" name. yes i know wrigley itself is a corporation name, but wrigley also owned the franchise for a lot of years. I cant think of another corporation that would work.

2. Dan Schulman would be my PBP. He's really good IMO. I am not as picky about the analyst, but I really like Orel Herscheiser, so i guess that would be my pairing.

3. engineering feat? Mofo's is good, but I would have to say the Panama Canal. That canal in that place was absolutely insane. Of course, it also happens to be generally ranked as amongst the very top in great engineering feats. the other two that I would rank up there is the Chunnel and the gorges Dam in China.

MLB ERA

Happy Re: Hot Seat Answers #75 - rockin500

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    Questions by Nick:

1. favorite gyro joint in chicago (ever been to kings' III?). dont really have a favorite gyro joint per se. I like the small hole in the wall places for whatever reason when it comes to gyros. i also like Marquette Inn's gyros

2. favorite hotdog joint in chicago (ever been to superdawg?) this may be sacrilege for one who lives in chicago, but i dont particularly care for hot dogs in general.

3. cubs achilles heel THIS season... its gotta be their offense. the lack of depth in their lineup has shown up with the lack of scoring runs.

Kings III isn't really the 3rd version of it, to my knowledge, but they are a pretty big joint. I can't eat gyros from anywhere else now... they've got this sweet basil sauce that's really good. everywhere else I seem to go primarily serves theirs with cucumber sauce.

nicks gyros are all over the city, and I've never been in one..

favorite burger joint then?

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

unfortunately, the best burger joints are back home in kenosha. The Spot, is probably my favorite greasy cheeseburger joint. its a drivein.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

originally posted by Porter

Who would you fire from ESPN?

Bart Simpson or Stewie Griffin?

Favorite dish to cook?
    1. hah! now thats a good question. lots of people who i would want to fire from neil everett to berman to erik young and skip bayless, but Orestes Destrada has to be shitcanned from ever working on Baseball Tonight. He's terrible.

2. Bart

3. I cant really cook all that well, I prefer to throw some meat on the grill, I like to do some wings or BBQ chicken. have a recipe with some Jack Daniel's, regular BBQ stuff, and a dash of beer along with a bit of Dave's Insanity Sauce.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

realmofo

1) Referring back to the Holland Tunnel, since the excavation of an underwater tunnel requires conveniently elevated bedrock, was it a coincidence that the Hudson River was a perfect fit for the project, or is such stratigraphy common in large rivers?

2) Where does Curlin rank among the best throughbreds of all time, despite having won just one leg of the Triple Crown?

3) Describe the following people with one word for each: Phil Jackson, Milton Bradley, Dusty Baker, Doug Collins, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Nancy Grace.
    I dont pretend to know the answer to exactly how common it is, I do have to think that it is relatively common. I mean you do see enough excavated tunnels out there. Its just that they are so damned hideously expensive

Curlin has to rank up there. He's won a shitload of money after all. The triple crown would have been a nice achievement, but it requires a little bit of luck in addition to the horse's skill. Not to mention, the triple crown is asking for quite a bit. Secretariat always has to rank as the best horse, but curlin I would probably put in the top 5. Affirmed, Seattle Slew, a couple of others also are in the mix. I'm not enough of an aficionado of horse racing to be able to rank him accurately.

3. Phil=cool. Milton=Combustible. Dusty=relaxed. Doug Collins=Savvy. Rush=blowhard. Bill O'Reilly=antagonistic. Nancy Grace=Shrill!

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

1) Don't you think Prov is overreacting about Fenway, whats wrong with ads way up behind the bleachers...its not like they got a logo painted into the playing field...wouldn't you like your team to make as much money as possible to put a WS caliber team on the field?

2) What would u prefer: Wrigley with ads & a WS title or Wrigley with no ads and no WS title?

3) If you could make one of the minor sports (MLS, NHL, NASCAR, College Baseball) and make it big instantaneously which one would you choose and why?
    1. no i dont think he is overreacting as the billboards are pretty damned ridiculous. I understand their reasoning, i just dont like it.

2. wrigley has enough ads now. They dont need any more, and the two things arent mutually exclusive as the cubs bring in enough revenue right now. i mean they DO have a $140M payroll afterall.

3. NASCAR is already big isnt it? dont think you need to make it bigger.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500 View Post
    2. wrigley has enough ads now. They dont need any more, and the two things arent mutually exclusive as the cubs bring in enough revenue right now. i mean they DO have a $140M payroll afterall.
    You didn't really answer the question.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    You didn't really answer the question.
    i dont think the question was really all that good. tried to answer it as best i could since it is flawed in that there are currently ads, though nowhere near as many as some teams seem to have and they spend a lot, already so they dont need to generate MORE revenue considering they already spend a lot

i'd rather have a WS, though so i tolerate the ads they do have as i do realize they need to generate some additional revenue. just not many more ads. i dont mind sponsoring certain things either (bud light bleachers for ex.)

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA

originally posted by Leo I knew I was forgetting something before I went to bed.

1. What do you think it will take for the Cubs to finally break the curse? Were you upset when the Red Sox broke theirs first?

2. Do you blame Steve Bartman for his part in the 2003 NLCS loss to the Marlins? Do you think rules should be made/enforced regarding fans reaching for balls in play?

3. Despite the historical nature of the stadium, it has been forced to close on a few occasions due to part of the stadium falling apart. Do you think the Cubs should get a new stadium and turn Wrigley into a museum? (It would be a crime against humanity to demolish it like most old stadiums are.)
    1. consistent hitting. i really think thats the answer.

2. I did the first night, (i was at that game) but after that, i turned my anger towards the true goat of that inning. freakin alex gonzalez. And yes, I do believe if you reach for a ball in play you should be ejected from the game. that one was pretty gray area as it was right on the railing. you should only be ejected if you clearly reach over the railing for a ball in play.

3. No, i think if they did some serious renovations during the offseason, I think it can be serviceable for quite awhile. they just need to do a lot of patching. I dont know where they could really build a ballpark nearby the northside , and i think it would be bad to move out to the burbs. I think they can get at least another 15 years out of wrigley if they are smart.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    The next Hot Seat (#76) will begin on Saturday, June 20th, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast