Thread: Hot Seat #75 - rockin500

MLB ERA

Hot Seat #75 - rockin500

Rules for the Hot Seat

This is something we are continuing on with. One nice aspect of being a smaller forum is building a solid community and getting to know many of the forum posters and here is your chance to get know one another even better!

In The
    Strike3Forums Hot Seat threads, you may ask the one in the Hot Seat (in this case, rockin500) up to 3 questions. The questions can be about baseball, movies, relationships, whatever.

Please keep the questions appropriate and know that the person in the Hot Seat can refuse to answer any question he or she feels uncomfortable with. You may ask questions for the next week, then the guy in The Hot Seat will answer up to three of your questions.

If you would like to have a chance to be the next one up, post that you would like to and
    rockin500will select from the ones interested for who will go next. Or, he'll just select whoever the heck he wants.

Timeframe involved: Just so we know how we are going to do this ... the person in the Hot Seat will be there for about one to two weeks. Questions, such as this thread, will be open for one week and then we will close the questioning so that the poster has time (up to one week) to get some answers together.

Questioning will close Thursday, June 11th. Answers will then be opened until Thursday, June 18th.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Shocked Re: Hot Seat #75 - rockin500

sup rockin, names slim shady, im the lead singer of d12 baby

this is allllll chicago-based questioning, so here we go

1. favorite gyro joint in chicago (ever been to kings' III?)
    2. favorite hotdog joint in chicago (ever been to superdawg?)
    3. cubs achilles heel THIS season...

thanks mang. take it eazy

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat #75 - rockin500

1.)Favorite dessert item?
    2.)Favorite kind of fruit?
    3.)Favorite brand of cola?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

1. Do you believe that there exists another planet in which we humans could actually take residency on? Why or why not.

2. Why do you think people pay so much attention to the celebrity news websites and TV shows, should anyone ever care what someone buys or where someone eats?

3. Let's pretend that the Chicago Cubs were in the AL and had the DH, so we put Soriano at DH. Where would Soriano bat for the majority of the season in the lineup if the decision was solely on your hands? And would it better for them to have kept DeRosa and use the Jason Marquis financial relief on someone that would have cost lest than Milton Bradley?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

1. if you weren't an engineer, what would you be doing? what would you like to do if you were qualified to do so?

2. The Simpsons: still excellent or down the shitter several seasons ago? explain why one way or the other.

3. Would you be upset if the Cubs turned Wrigley field into a stadium that resembles a NASCAR car more than a stadium due to the large amounts of advertisements? For reference:

this is the best pic I could find. it doesn't really do it justice as far as how much advertising they've added over the years to what is supposed to be historic.

Going For It

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

1) If "Wrigley" had to be renamed, what corporate sponsorship would you choose, and what would be the name of such ballpark?
    2) If you were in charge of ESPN, who would you have as your Sunday night crew? 1 play by play guy, and 1 for analysis
    3) What in you opinion is the greatest feet in engineering history?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    3) What in you opinion is the greatest feet in engineering history?
    If it's not this, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 06-12-2009 at 04:20 AM.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Who would you fire from ESPN?

Bart Simpson or Stewie Griffin?

Favorite dish to cook?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

1) Referring back to the Holland Tunnel, since the excavation of an underwater tunnel requires conveniently elevated bedrock, was it a coincidence that the Hudson River was a perfect fit for the project, or is such stratigraphy common in large rivers?

2) Where does Curlin rank among the best throughbreds of all time, despite having won just one leg of the Triple Crown?

3) Describe the following people with one word for each: Phil Jackson, Milton Bradley, Dusty Baker, Doug Collins, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Nancy Grace.

MLB ERA

1) Don't you think Prov is overreacting about Fenway, whats wrong with ads way up behind the bleachers...its not like they got a logo painted into the playing field...wouldn't you like your team to make as much money as possible to put a WS caliber team on the field?

2) What would u prefer: Wrigley with ads & a WS title or Wrigley with no ads and no WS title?

3) If you could make one of the minor sports (MLS, NHL, NASCAR, College Baseball) and make it big instantaneously which one would you choose and why?
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

I'm going to leave this open for the rest of the day. I'll post my questions and the answer thread tonight after I get home from work.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    1) Don't you think Prov is overreacting about Fenway, whats wrong with ads way up behind the bleachers...its not like they got a logo painted into the playing field...wouldn't you like your team to make as much money as possible to put a WS caliber team on the field?

2) What would u prefer: Wrigley with ads & a WS title or Wrigley with no ads and no WS title?
    how did I overreact? I'm not a Sox fan. I just think it takes away from the historical-ness of the park. that was the point of my question. we all know they did because they decided not to build a new park to keep the historic park, but it's had the opposite effect to me because now there are advertisements everywhere. both the Cubs and Sox already make plenty of money and have 2 of the highest payrolls, if you honestly think some extra advertisements on the field are the reason for a title, then you're misguided. teams already get $$$ from advertisements (TV, radio, etc) and as I said the Sox already have a ton of revenue. no way has that put them over the top; it just takes away from the stadium.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    1) Referring back to the Holland Tunnel, since the excavation of an underwater tunnel requires conveniently elevated bedrock, was it a coincidence that the Hudson River was a perfect fit for the project, or is such stratigraphy common in large rivers?

2) Where does Curlin rank among the best throughbreds of all time, despite having won just one leg of the Triple Crown?

3) Describe the following people with one word for each: Phil Jackson, Milton Bradley, Dusty Baker, Doug Collins, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Nancy Grace.

I like question 3.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

I knew I was forgetting something before I went to bed.

1. What do you think it will take for the Cubs to finally break the curse? Were you upset when the Red Sox broke theirs first?

2. Do you blame Steve Bartman for his part in the 2003 NLCS loss to the Marlins? Do you think rules should be made/enforced regarding fans reaching for balls in play?

3. Despite the historical nature of the stadium, it has been forced to close on a few occasions due to part of the stadium falling apart. Do you think the Cubs should get a new stadium and turn Wrigley into a museum? (It would be a crime against humanity to demolish it like most old stadiums are.)