Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #72 - nick

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #72 - nick

nick, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#73) will begin on Friday, April 3rd, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #72 - nick

Real Mofo Talk:
    1. Where does Big Game James Loney rank among the list of the North Side's public enemies?

Dodgers were just more prepared as a whole for the playoffs. We went into that series with our heads in our asses. Make or break this season, and if we can't win in the playoffs again with this core we need to reassemble the roster. For what it's worth, as much as I love Lee's defense, I'd definitely take Loney over him in a minute. I think I'd lean towards starting Hoffpauir at this point if Lee's power isn't going to come back. I know I just rambled a little bit here and avoided the question-- so bob on my knob!

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Diamond Dave-o's:

1) What is the biggest problem that you personally see with the OOTP league that you are running?

A. Activity can always be an issue from time to time, and that is the biggest issue as a whole with running a league and putting so much effort into it-- however, I wouldn't say that activity is an issue right now. Right now... I'd say the main problem is getting a balance everyone is confortable with. If the sliders sway to benefit offense, people will want better pitching-- and vice versa. You can only do so much with the OOTP6 engine to get things perfect. I think we have a nice balance, but I suppose it could always be better. I also wish I could have created more prospects when I initially made the league file, and along the way-- but I feel like I've gone to good lengths to ensure the league will have real players for a long time.

2) If you would somehow be drafted into the military, what type of job within the military do you think you would want to do? What job do you think you would be you best at? Which job would you want least? And which job do you think you would be the worst at?

A. Probably something with computers or electronics. I'm pretty good with that stuff, good enough to make me look towards a career in that anyway. I'd definitely be best with that. As for the job I'd want least.... probably something on the field of battle, but I suppose that's natural for some people. I'd probably be bad at anything that required me to be on the battle field as well, just based on inexperience and pure lack of self-discipline at times.

3) What is your personal definition of being a truly honorable person?

A. Good question. Stupid as it may sound, a good parent. If you are a good parent to your children, I'd say you are an honorable person in my eyes.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

cjKALTENBACHER:

1) Rank the following GM's for the most likely to win a Sim WS first to least (and why):
    - Porter
    - cjkalt
    - mntwinsfan
    - ljshorty
    - BJD

Porter. And then the world will explode! But really, I'd go with LJshorty... his Braves team in TPSL is the closest. I can't speak for TBSL GMs, and I know most of those are in rebuilding mode in S3SL. Not sure who is who in CSSL at times.

2) If you had to get rid of Mel Kiper or Joe Lunardi which one would u get rid of and why?

irrelevant to me in all honesty, as I'm not a huge CFB fan-- but Mel Kiper is a douche, so iI'll go with him by default

3) Which SBSL GM's do you think will be most like Scott Boras with their created players?

Don't quite understand this question... explain and I'll try to answer better.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Kingdom_of_FRITOS:

1. Call it here and now, which of these do you see being a hall of famer many years from now and why:
    3B Evan Longoria
    SS Hanley Ramirez
    LF/3B Ryan Braun
    SP Jon Lester
    SP Tim Lincecum

Evan Longoria should have a long career with good, consistent numbers-- and he plays 3B, a weak position for the HOF. Could work in his advantage if his career shapes up the way people say it will.

Jon Lester strikes me as a type who could win 250+ over the length of his career if Boston stays a competitor for years to come-- and why wouldn't they? I suppose he would also have to stick with Boston, but he's locked up for what, 5 years to go? I don't see him going anywhere. Depends on what the HOF standards look like when he'd be elligible. Will 250 be the new 300?

Hanley Ramirez will probably get in if he collects 3000+ hits, which is a possibility-- and if I had to guess, less and less players are going to be accomplishing that feat during the time period in which he would be.

I don't think Braun or Lincecum are HOF-caliber players. Braun strikes me as a Troy Glaus type-- I can see his strikeout rate going up, and walk rate never improving. Elite power hitter right now, but I'm not sure if that's going to mean a HOF career. Lincecum could always turn in a Randy Johnson-type career, but I think it's more likely he blows his arm out a few times and sinks into the bullpen somewhere later in his career.

2. What movie or movies greatly impacted your life, or emotionally moved you?

Milo & Otis and Fight Club maybe? They didn't really impact my life, but they were cool movies at the time and probably moved my pensi.

3. Since everyone else is asking sim questions, Are you cursed? Why is it everytime TPSL is peaking in interest, woosh, Nick is gone. Not only that, many regard TPSL v.1 as one of the best leagues to grace this site and that tragically ended. Did you piss off a goat?

I'm in the witness protection program.
    I look back at TPSLv1 as more of a stepping stone. I really didn't know so many people enjoyed it that much. Personally, I like the new incarnation a lot more and it's 10x more active than the first one and has more committed GMs. I had no real clue how to run a league back then, and I'm sure I was an asshole to a lot of people as well.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

GiganticGiantsfananitc1243!

1) What do you like and hate the most about Chicago?
    I like our summers. I hate our winters & springs. The city is cool, but it's really cluttered and there's a ton of ****ing artsy assholes here (no offense artsy assholes on S3F). I guess it's just like NY in a sense, but a little smaller.

2) If you could interview anyone alive today, who would you interview? Keep in mind you can't ask this person just anything, it has to be something they're willing to talk about (aka A-Rod probably wouldn't comment on his steroid use, but you could try).

Shaquille O'Neal or Snoop Doggy Dogg... dunno what I'd even ask them, but why not?

3) Ask yourself a question and answer it, because I'm epic failing at coming up with a third question at the moment. Make it good.

Question: Was today a good day?
    Answer: Today could develop into a bad day!! (momma cooked the breakfast with hog ... canadian bacon to boot, today really will be awful!)

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Hollywood Hulk Leo:

1. In OOTP, what rating do you think is most important for hitters? What about pitchers?

A. I value avoid k's and eye, myself. Contact has to be above 6 for me most cases too, but if their avoid k's & eye is both high they can always survive and I won't hesitate to use a player like that.

2. Do you put more value on ratings or past performance when trying to decide whether to sign or extend a player?

A. Past performance, no doubt. Check out my team... then look at Chris Coughlan for example. He's been wavering between 1.0-2.0 stars, and usually sits at 1.5-- but he just keeps hitting and is a perfect UTL man. Ramon Ramirez, a low-stuff MR, is also very successful for me. Had I gone by ratings these two wouldn't have gotten a chance.

3. Do you think the Cubs can finally break the curse this year?

A. Honestly, I think a team like ATL will probably make the world series after re-tooling for just one season, and make us look really ****ing awful seeing as how we've been building up again for this since 2003. But that's the pessemist in me. The optimist says we have a strong team that has few question marks, and if those question marks prove themselves, we could be the class of the NL again. Will that carry over to the playoffs and result in a few wins this time around? Even the optimist in me isn't so sure...

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nick View Post
    cjKALTENBACHER:

1) Rank the following GM's for the most likely to win a Sim WS first to least (and why):
    - Porter
    - cjkalt
    - mntwinsfan
    - ljshorty
    - BJD

Porter. And then the world will explode! But really, I'd go with LJshorty... his Braves team in TPSL is the closest. I can't speak for TBSL GMs, and I know most of those are in rebuilding mode in S3SL. Not sure who is who in CSSL at times.
    About S3SL, CJ, and Shorty isn't in S3SL. Arizona is stuck behind PIT, FLA and STL for any hope of a WS. the other 2 are rebuilding
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Mr. Porter:

1) Can you even explain how cursed the TPSL Mariners are? You think they will ever break out at all?

A. Cubs will have to win a world series for that to happen. Nah, you'll get there eventually. Prov will have to rebuild one of these days. :O

2) Same question I asked Hammer, who among the S3F Brethren are the following role
    Sniper
    Two-Way Player
    Playmaker
    Enforcer
    Sean Avery

A. Sniper - the Zodious killer
    Two-Way Player - Halladay_Is_God, Porter, Slyder
    Playmaker - Mission, Zito
    Enforcer - Realmofotalk, Saber & Albbbla
    Sean Avery - Hammer
    special category- Goalie - Brian Jefferson Dinan

3) Will the Cubs acquire Jake Peavy?

A. At this point, no. Marshall has secured the 5th starter spot and looks poised for a breakout season. Unless Harden goes down for significant time (or another starter), I don't see there being much of a chance. I think Milwaukee might be his best destination at this point really, but I don't know if any of those rumors are worth while or worth listening to even. Joba might wind up in the pen yet, and the Yankees could always come calling. I think he stays in San Diego until the offseason myself, and he signs an extension at that point... think Brian Roberts.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99 View Post
    About S3SL, CJ, and Shorty isn't in S3SL. Arizona is stuck behind PIT, FLA and STL for any hope of a WS. the other 2 are rebuilding
    Yeah, I didn't think LJ was. I think he might have been at one point, but god, my memory sucks. I knew CJ wasn't in S3SL...

Hammer and LJ are the closest GMs to winning one of out of those who still haven't, based on teams and their positioning alone.

BIZARRE AND MY MOM!!!!!
    u still fat

MLB ERA

cjKALTENBACHER:

3) Which SBSL GM's do you think will be most like Scott Boras with their created players?

Don't quite understand this question... explain and I'll try to answer better.
    In SBSL, we created our own players as prospects and the owner (aka the guy who created the player) will negotiate with the team regarding contracts for their player. So I was asking who will be like Scott Boras and demand the most money?
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Hollywood Hulk Leo:

1. In OOTP, what rating do you think is most important for hitters? What about pitchers?

A. I value avoid k's and eye, myself. Contact has to be above 6 for me most cases too, but if their avoid k's & eye is both high they can always survive and I won't hesitate to use a player like that.

2. Do you put more value on ratings or past performance when trying to decide whether to sign or extend a player?

A. Past performance, no doubt. Check out my team... then look at Chris Coughlan for example. He's been wavering between 1.0-2.0 stars, and usually sits at 1.5-- but he just keeps hitting and is a perfect UTL man. Ramon Ramirez, a low-stuff MR, is also very successful for me. Had I gone by ratings these two wouldn't have gotten a chance.

3. Do you think the Cubs can finally break the curse this year?

A. Honestly, I think a team like ATL will probably make the world series after re-tooling for just one season, and make us look really ****ing awful seeing as how we've been building up again for this since 2003. But that's the pessemist in me. The optimist says we have a strong team that has few question marks, and if those question marks prove themselves, we could be the class of the NL again. Will that carry over to the playoffs and result in a few wins this time around? Even the optimist in me isn't so sure...
    You forgot to tell me what your most important rating is for pitchers.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Mr. Porter:

1) Can you even explain how cursed the TPSL Mariners are? You think they will ever break out at all?

A. Nah, you'll get there eventually. Prov will have to rebuild one of these days. :O
    I already rebuilt...when the league started in 2007.

MLB ERA

Who's next?!

MLB ERA

Let's Go Rays is an active new face? but maybe there are some old guys that haven't gone yet
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast