Thread: Hot Seat Answers #67 - DiamondDave

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #67 - DiamondDave

Happy birthday DD!!

MLB ERA

LTR... thanks man... one of the first people to say that to me today

As for who's next... from the other thread I started... first person to reply was BoSox34.... so let's give this new blood a chance
    Give Me a Bottle of Anything and a Glazed Donut, To Go....

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    no parents I have ever seen is THIS FREAKING STUPID.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Happy birthday Dave. Hopefully the kids will have pity on their dad and take it easy on you.

Never answered mine!
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Never answered mine!
    Completely unintentional buddy... don't know how I skipped over.... was writing for so long, just must have srolled down too far.... so give me a couple a minutes

MLB ERA

What is the rank in the army that you retired with?
    Never retired... only did 5 years..
    I went in as a lowly E-1... buck private.. .low as you can go... at the 6 month mark I got the auto promotion to e-2 and got my "mosquito wings"... remained an e-2 until I finished my extended training... showed up at my permanent duty station and received an almost immediate promotion to e-3, PFC.... with my age, skillset, and instantly proving myself as an asset for completing the mission, I received a waiver and was promoted to e-4 in 45 days, SPC.... so from e-1 to e-4 in 15 months... was put up for promotion to e-5 within 12 months, to become a sergeant... but at this time I was recently married to to a fellow soldier right in my own platoon... and the rules are, you cannot be in a position of being in charge of someone you are related to (I would have been the platoon sergeant, as our old one left the unit)... I take family very seriously and considered that if we were on opposite 12 hour shifts as our platoons worked opposite schedules, I got in trouble for actually refusing promotion to e-5 and choosing family over any possibility of a military career... I remained an e-4 at that duty station until I ETS'd from the service

Favorite OOTP rating for batter...also pitcher? (eye, power, movement, etc.)
    I am a contact guy for batters.. always have been... I am a big proponent of putting the ball in play... now I've combined contact and power, contact and eye, and contact with some steals and baserunning guys in front of the best contact guys... and I've had success with them all... I've only had failures on offense when my guys lost contact or my contact guys were injured and not replaced with more contact talent....

As for pitchers... I like movement.... I used to be hooked on stuff... but Phillip Padro changed all of that... he was a pitcher with 5 stuff, 8 control, and 10 movement... he had success with getting batters out for a while for me... now when I have had pitchers with 10 stuff and 5 movement, they have always had a tougher time for me personally.....

If offered 1 mil USD right now, would you retire, accepting that you could not have another source of income?
    In actuality... I would.. at least for a while... doing whatever I can with my kids until they are grown.... 1MIL would easily pay off what I owe on my house (about 280K), and I could live off the interest and savings of the remaining 700K or so... I don't have car payments and I really don't want super fancy things... but being able to be there for my kids at all times, still not worry about food, gas, the occasional movie and dinner out, and a nice vacation every summer, would be my absolute heaven... and with my oldest turning 10 in 1 month... I think I could easily handle 8 years on 700K + interest, on basic average living

But I would probably look to busy myself again when my kids are off to college or the military or whatever else as they become adults....

Even though I'm an old Army goat and a techie... I'd probably like to take what is left over and open up a bar and grille of my own

MLB ERA

Wow... figured there'd be more feedback or followup or questions on things other than the 'compound interest' stance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123