Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #61 - cjkalt

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #61 - cjkalt

cjkalt, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#62) will begin on Thursday, August 7th, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #61 - cjkalt

1. Which makes you sadder: Injuries effectively making Nomar average to mediocre, injuries making Pedro no longer a front line starter, or injuries possibly cutting Schilling's career down sooner than intended?

A: I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who believes Nomar was never better than average. But I'm kinda sad for Pedro, for all the great seasons he had in Boston and Montreal I was sad to see it all end so fast

2. More important: Clay Bucholz or Justin Masterson and why?

A: Masterson because he has the mental toughness to succeed in MLB

3a. Why do you let yankee fans rip you off in sim leagues

A: I feel so sorry for them because their team in real life is chronically terrible and overrated so I figure the least I can do is give them some false excitement with success in the sim leagues.... No, in all seriousness I believe in every trade I make, its a long rebuilding process to become great, without the big payroll of other clubs its very hard to become good by buying people, it may take me 3 or 4 years to build a competitor but when I do it will be there to stay. An example of this is my SBSL team right now performing well even with the Joba trade. That team will have staying power and will get better

3b. Does bwitty smell like an old person?

A: Ask him that
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

1) Alex Rodriguez...Great Man....or the Greatest Man?

A: A-Rod should pay K-Rod for his nickname cause he deserves it more...he's terrrible

2) Game 7 of the world series, any MLB player at your disposal...name your preferred Starter(non-Red Sox). Also, in that game 7, you need a hit in the 9th inning, name your preferred hitter(non-Red Sox).

Pitcher: Brandon Webb
    Hitter: Ichiro Suzuki

3) I caught a ground rule double from Kevin Youkilis at Fenway Park last year. Does that make me cool?

A: It makes you lucky... your not a Sox fan so you aren't cool
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

to further progress on ljshorty's 3rd q, I was HANDED a ball from backup catcher (at the time) kelly shoppach during batting practice once during an interleague game.

A: Shoppach is cool, you...debatable
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

(playing off of LJ's second question...) You are making a rotation for your new team (old-skool style). What three current pitchers would you use to make up your rotation? And why?

A:
    1) Brandon Webb- nasty stuff, young durable
    2) Jon Lester- Needed a lefty but for the 3 man rotation I wanted a younger up and coming guy, very durable and can go deep into games
    3) Dan Haren- I almost put peavy here but with his injury history I'll go with the guy whose whip is about 1 and k's a ton of people

Tell me one thing about the Red Sox that I probably wouldn't know.

A: They are about to pass the Indians for most consecutive sellouts in row... thats pretty impressive

What would you do for a Klondike Bar?

A: Nothing I hate Klondike Bars
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

1) your favorite movie genre?

A: Action... car chases, gun fights etc...

2) favorite music type?

A: Rock

3) if you could date one famous celebrity who would it be and why?

A: Prolly Sharapova...she seems somewhat close to the real world
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

1) Whats your favourite part of Notre Dame?

A: Everything, football, people, parties, experiences, hockey...everything

2) If you could bring one player into the fold for the 2008 Sox WS run, who would it be?

A: Jason Bay...ohh wait we did that , but in all seriousness I'd love to get Roy Halladay on my team

3) Honestly, how many times have you gotten the final Jeopardy question right?

A: 6 times... and 5 of them were political questions... so not that many times at all
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

1. Weirdest place you ever had sex/jacked off?

A: I got political ambitions so I'm going to pass on this one

2. How many times did you want to punch that ****face Jimmy Fallon in "Fever Pitch"?

A: About a couple hundred...in the first 10 minutes

3. Who do you want throwing out the first pitch in Game 7 of the WS in Boston?

A: If its 2008, can I get Manny?... but in the future, I'd love to see Buckner throw it out... All is forgiven
    MSLSeattle0001

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

These have to be some of the shortest answers ever given in a Hot Seat. I'm a little disappointed.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ya know what they say, short answers, short..
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

I'm not done yet... i'm saving the good questions for last
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Porter99's Questions:

1. If you had to trade either of the following pitchers: Masterson, Lester, Buchholz....
    Who would you trade and why?

A: I'd probably trade Buchholz as most other teams like his potential more than Masterson. Buchholz has a great fastball and 12-6 curveball but at times I question his makeup and commitment to throwing the fastball into the zone efficently for strikes, it seems he's afraid of the 1 run homerun. I actually wouldn't be opposed to trading him at all if some team sees him as a top level prospect like I've heard, we still got Bowden, Zink, and Hansack to name a few at AAA so we'd be fine.

2. Why does the god damn Red Sox Nation have to invade every single *()#&%n stadium? Does it seem like its getting out of control at all?

A: They do invade every stadium and its for a couple of reasons: 1) Its cheaper to fly, get a hotel, get good tickets to the series than to get tickets for 3 games at Fenway Park, without having season tickets. This is a huge factor in stadiums like Toronto, Baltimore, Tampa, Detroit, and New York. Also the bandwagon Red Sox fans that live all over the country also go to games as they think the "Red Sox" are their team. I personally can't stand these fans, if you've never lived/were born in a Red Sox state, or have Sox fan Parents... go get your local team and stop just picking winners, your not real and I don't want you. These type of fans invade stadiums like LAA, Seattle (Although a lot of real Boston fans travel to Seattle...not sure why), Texas, MN, etc...

3. If you were to plan a cross country trip through the US and Canada. Which five stops would you make on the way?

Toronto- Only to See Roy Halladay pitch and get a Raptors game in the same day

Houston- I went there for the Super Bowl and I loved the city, and they've got some good teams too, also Schlitterbahn is only a few hour drive, and I could get a lot of golf in too.

Phoenix- Lots of Golf and I could see the Suns and Dbacks play

LA- Price is Right, Angels, Dodgers, Disneyland, golf... need I say more

NY- Yankees, Mets, friends, Broadway show... it would be an awesome trip
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Realmofotalk's Questions:

1. Who is the worse manager: Jimy Williams or Grady Little?

Wow, this is a really tough question. Little had his 1 blowup but except for that we was a decent manager where as Jimy Williams was terrible the whole time. That being said however I'd have to go with Grady Little. He had the simplest decision in the world, and he wanted to be superhero, the guy who left Pedro in who led his team to the WS, however the facts were simple. Timlin in the 8th, Williamson in the 9th. It had worked all playoffs long, why on Earth would u overthink it in YANKEE stadium during a ALCS GAME 7??? That decision was horrible.

PS: Time Wakefield was a Yankee killer through 2004, but ever since he gave up that homerun to Aaron "Bleepin" Boone, he is very normal vs. them, another sad side effect of Little's stupidity

2. Can you recall anyone ever having been less deserving of a World Series ring than Eric Gagne?

A: Wow, I mean even the guys that played in 1 game for the Red Sox got rings, but at least they didn't sabotage the team night after night. I mean Nomar in 2004 played like 30 games and he was horrible the whole time, and when we dealt him we propelled ourselves to the WS, so I guess it wasn't that bad... Eric Gagne was so bad we didn't get the 2 draft picks everyone thought was automatic... so I mean not only could he not pitch and blow games everytime out but he couldn't even get us 2 picks... So I guess he's the worst followed closely by Nomar

3. If you could for once go back in time and prevent either the trade of Babe Ruth to the Yankees or Len Bias' death, which do you choose?

A: Len Bias's Death because that really killed the Celtics Dynasty. With Bilas, the Celtics could easily have at least 20 titles. One could argue the Celtics would have remained an NBA superpower the last 30 years, I won't go that far but they certainly would have been a much better team. Besides, Babe Ruth was wrong, we won the WS again... not once but Twice
    Last edited by cjkalt; 08-08-2008 at 09:35 AM. Reason: I'll be back in a couple hours to finish these up!!!
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

Dry1313's Questions:

1. So...Notre Dame. Was it your #1 Choice? Also, is it actually as good as advertised? It was my #1, but the best I did was a guaranteed transfer.

A: ND is better than advirtised, yes it was my #1 (minus the never real shot of Stanford), I love every second of it and I can't wait to go back in 2 weeks, can't believe that its only 2 weeks but I'm so ready to go back.

2. If you could choose which moment in Red Sox history you had to wipe out between Ted Williams' Career or The Comeback from Down 0-3, which would you eliminate and why?

A: This question for me personally is probably easier to answer than for the majority of Red Sox fans. Ted Williams was a legend in the game and had a storied career. However, the whole family fight, and frozen body for me has damaged the reputation of a great player. However the 0-3 comeback is the best athletic achievement of all-time, and I'd be hard pressed to find anything else I'd rather have in history than the 0-3 comeback. That was the best week of Boston's sports history.

3. Kill, Marry, Have Intercourse With: Bill Buckner, Aaron Boone, Bucky Dent. You must put one in each category and you must explain why.

I've got political aspirations so I'll pass on this but I'll give you the hatred level from least to most: buckner, dent, boone. Buckner made an error, he shouldn't have even been in the game, not his fault, Dent's homer wasn't in the postseason like Aaron bleeping boone's was.
    MSLSeattle0001

MLB ERA

DirtyKash's questions:

1. Would you rather see the Red Sox win the World Series in 2009, then fall to the basement and remain there for 20 years straight starting in 2010, OR see them win the AL East every year from 2009 to 2030 but never win the World Series once in that time span?

A: I got my 2 WS rings so I'd rather see them win the AL East every year til 2030. This would also have the great side benefit that the Yankees couldn't win the division again til 2030 and thus have only the Wild Card to make the playoffs, which would be absolutely wonderful.

2. You are Johnny Damon and it is December 2004. Despite coming off a World Series victory as a member of the Red Sox and knowing that the Sox are set up to win another in the near future, do you still jump ship and take the most lucrative contract offered by the Yankees?

A: I could never be Johnny Damon, he's too much of a money hog, traitor, classless individual, its no wonder why fans in every city he's left hate him. If I was Damon I'd know they really don't want me and I'm not a Boston nice guy, so I'll go be a member of the Evil Empire so I can get more publicity as the Boston press doesn't love me enough.

3. If you were a cheeseburger, would you eat yourself? And why?

A: I hate cheese on burgers, so I'd absolutely hate myself and would not eat myself in any way shape or form... If I could get the cheese off of me, it'd be a tough call, probably not cause I could get a burger elsewhere but maybe right before I was to die I'd eat myself... can't say for sure
    MSLSeattle0001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast