Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #59 - nyjunc

MLB ERA

Hot Seat Answers #59 - nyjunc

nyjunc, your Hot Seat questions have been asked in this thread. You have up to 7 days in which to answer these questions, should you choose to do so. Once you have done that, please select the next Hot Seat participant. Thank you for participating. The next Hot Seat (#60) will begin on Monday, June 30th, or when you're done answering, whichever comes first.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA

Re: Hot Seat Answers #59 - nyjunc

1) Match each the following actions with the person whom you would most rather perform each to. Kill, knee to the groin, rape: Eric Mangini, Chad Pennington, D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

2) In your rough estimation, what percentage of the New York/Northern New Jersey area is still controlled by La Cosa Nostra?

3) JFK assassination- Do you believe it was carried out by the lone gunman in the Book Depository or multiple shooters elsewhere?
    #1:I don't really know how to answer the 1st one, I wouldn't want to do any of that to any of them

#2: There's no such thing as La Cosa Nostra

#3: I have been infatuated w/ the JFK assassination since I was a youngster. Back in 1988 on the 25th anniversary they aired this great show on A&E called "as it happened". This show was a rebroadcast of the CBS coverage of that day at the exact moment they broke in w/ their coverage 25 years earlier.

watching that as a kid got me really interested in all that surroudned the assassination. I felt watching that rebroadcast that LBJ had a hand in it somehow but we've never really seen any proof. I have gone back and forth through the years about whether Oswald was the lone gunmen and some great reading and TV shows have helped me to come to the conclusion that it was Oswald alone who shot the President. I still do not believe he acted alone as far as setting everything up but I do believe he was the only shooter that day and all the shots came from the Texas School Book Depository.

AAA ERA

1. Your opinion on the worst Yankee trade in your lifetime
    2. Do you believe the world will end in 2012 when the Mayan calender ends?
    3. Predict the date Cashman is fired.
    #1: I was a big Rickey Henderson fan so I would say Rickey for Eric "Ker" Plunk, Luis polonia and Greg Cadaret. There were alot of bad trades in the 80s which is why we nevber won anything and eventually became horrible by the end of the decade. Phelps for Buhner, Jim Deshaies for Joe Niekro, Doug Drabek for Rick Rhoden, Hal Morris for Tim Leary, Leiter for Barfield, Mike Morgan AND Fred McGriff for Dale Murray and Tom Dodd. I could go on and on.

#2: It all depends on if the Jets win the SB in Feb of 2012. If yes then I believe the World will come to an end

#3: I think his deal is up after this year(I'm not sure) so I could see him walking away before he gets fired. We are still trying to figure out what Hank is all about. W/ george his bark was as bad as his bite but Hank just seems to talk alot w/o action so far so I'm not sure he'll fire him.

AAA ERA

1. What's it take for the tar heels to get over the hump in 2008-2009?

2. What made you be a jets fan and not a giants or bills fan?

3. Is Ty Lawson capable of being a really good NBA point guard and is he a lottery pick next year? And do you see a team like the spurs or the like drafting Hansbrough and it working out well?
    #1: I think that hump was just cleared w/ the announcement that lawson, Ellington and Green were coming back(along w/ Hansbrough who announced a month earlier). This team is going to be the biggest favorite heading into a season maybe since UK in '96 or UNLV in '91. That doesn't mean they'll win but they should and it will be a colossal disappointment if they do not. As long as they are healthy I think they will win it, people forget Lawson wasn't healthy down the stretch. He changes everything when he has full mobility b/c no one is quick enough to stay in front of him. Another area that will help is the 3 point line moving back a couple of feet, that will open up the lane even more for Hansbrough and if he can do a better job of passing out of the double and triple teams the Heels will be almost impossible to beat next year.

#2: The Bills are nowhere near NYC, there aren't any Bills fans in the NYC metro area. I became a Jet fan b/c of family. The 2 teams my family cared about were the Jets and Yankees and those were the 2 they made me fans of. Apparently my Grandfather was actually a Cleveland Browns fan before the Jets existed but after they were born he became a Jet fan and he and my Dad passed it down to me as I am passing it down to my son today.

#3: I am glad Ty came back and I think he will benefit from it both on the court and in the wallet. I do expect he'll be a lottery pick next year after he leads the Heels to the national Title(hopefully). He has speed that very few NBA players can deal w/, if he can knock down the 15-18 footers consistently he'll be a really good NBA PG. As for Tyler, I don't think he'll be an All-Star type player but he'll be a very valuable role player for a team and could become a quality starter. I would never doubt the guy, we hear it all the time but he really is always going 100% and that will help sepearte him from more talent guys that don't play as hard.

AAA ERA

1. Where were you when you discovered your triumvirate of underclassmen was returning? What did you do to celebrate.

2. Where were you during Jeffery Maier's catch? Out of the 90's and 2000 WS wins, which was your favorite and why.

3. Cut, Re-Sign, and give a monument in Monument Park to these three Yankees (only give one to each): Bubba Crosby, Sal Fasano, Andy Phillips. I also want an elaboration on why you chose each player for their scenario, rating positives and negatives.
    #1: I had an inkling a couple of days before. I have a person on the inside at Carolina(I was actually in a book about Carolina basketball a few years ago) but when the official announcement came I was at work and very relieved.

#2: I was in a dorm room in College watching by myself. Obviously it was a blown call but I'm still not 100% convinced Tarasco would have caught the ball but obviously it wouldn't have been a HR. I also disagree w/ Yankee haters who whine that the call could have changed the series b/c Mariano came in when it was tied where he wouldn't have come in if not for the Jeter HR. he pitched 2 innings and was unavailable for Game 2 where we blew a 1 run lead in the 7th- Marinao would have been pitching and we likely would have won Game 2 still going back to Baltimore tied 1-1.

As far as which was my favorite Yankee Champioship from '96-'00? W/o a doubt it was 1996. Nothing comes close, I was born at a bad time to be a Yankee fan. I was alive in '77 & '78 but too young to know what was going on so I really never saw the Yanks in postseason until 1995. All my life I had to hear how great the Yankees used to be and how they always used to win Championships so seeing one live was special and the way they did it against Atlanta was amazing. '98-'00 were great but nothing compared to '96.

#3: I'm not sure what you are asking me to do. Can you explain?

AAA ERA

QUESTION NUMBER 1

Rank the following Yankees fans in order, starting with the most well-reasoned individual all the way down to the most mentally challenged:

- BuckFoston
    - BronxBomberz
    - Dry1313
    - nyjunc
    - browntown653
    - giantsfan5689
    - General
    - Hammer
    Tough question. I don't dislike any of these posters and I think they are all good posters. I don't see Hammer or browntonw in the Yankee forum anymore, they'd be at the top so of the others I guess I'll go w/ Dry. I'm not going to rank them b/c it makes it look like I don't like the guys I'd rank at the bottom and that's not true. I think we have a good core of yankee posters.

QUESTION NUMBER 2

You are sent to prison. You get the choice between two prison sentences, which do you choose?

Prison sentence #1:

- 1-year jail term in a maximum-security penitentiary
    - No family visits or telephone calls whatsoever
    - Standard jail cell with single-sized wooden bed
    - 20-inch color television (non-HD) with every Red Sox regular season and playoff game except those against the Yankees
    - You have a cellmate named Bubba, a 6'9, 340 lbs black man from Alabama who enjoys daily anal sex

Prison sentence #2:

- 10-year jail term in a local, medium-security penitentiary
    - Weekly family visits (lasting 2 hours) and daily telephone calls (30 minutes per call)
    - Deluxe jail cell with queen-sized bed, comfortable mattress, fluffy pillows and nice blankets
    - 50-inch high-definition color television with every Yankees regular season and playoff baseball game as well as all New York Jets football games
    - High-tech computer with cable internet connection
    - No cellmate
    - Daily blowjob from the most beautiful prostitute in New York City, but no intercourse.

WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE AND WHY?
    Another tough question. If I didn't have a Wife and child I'd definitely take #2 but I wouldn't want to be away from them for 10 years so I'll have to go w/ #1. I can also defend myself fairly well but after trying to do so against Bubba at least he'd knock me unconscious so I wouldn't have to endure the humiliation of what he was about to do.

AAA ERA

1 => Here are the Top 10 in the list of most Championships in Professional Sports. Rank them on your own opinion (make something up here will ya), not the current rankings.

New York Yankees
    NHL - Montreal Canadiens
    NBA - Boston Celtics
    CFL - Toronto Argonauts
    NBA - Los Angeles/Minneapolis Lakers
    CFL - Edmonton Eskimos
    NHL - Toronto Maple Leafs
    NHL - Detroit Red Wings
    MLB - St. Louis Cardinals
    CFL - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
    I do not really know much about CFL football so it's hard to rank those teams but I'll rak the others.

1. New York Yankees. Easy choice, the most Championships, the most storied franchise in the history of sports, the most recognizable players, Stadium, etc...

2. Montreal Canadiens. Tough call btw the Celtics and Candiens but they dominated multiple decades just like the Yankees while Boston really only dominated the 60s.

3. Boston Celtics. Close call but like I noted in #2 they dominated the 60s and had other great decades but Montreal dominated the 50s-70s and the yanks dominated the 20s-50s.

4. Minny/LA Lakers. They were about to close the gap on Boston if they beat them this Finals but they dropped back. Dominated the 50s and 80s, have made more Finals appearances than any other franchise.

5. Detroit Red Wings. Close call w/ Toronto as they have 2 more Championships BUT they have played 9 more seasons and haven't won one since the 60s while detroit has won 4 in the last 11 years.

6. Toronto Maple Leafs. See #5.

7. St. Louis Cardinals. They have 11 Championships(1 as SL browns) but they've been in existence since 1882.

2 => Honestly, do the Yankees really have it this year?
    Do I think the Yankees CAN win the WS? Yeah, do I think they WILL win the WS? No. If Wang comes back healthy in Septmeber, if Joba continues to progress, if Pettitte and Moose keep pitching like they have and if Veras and Co. can continue to have success we'll have a shot but that's alot of if's and I don't think we'll win it all.

3 => Your on a desert island, trapped for life. Who would be your match's for the following categories.

Musican/Band -
    Governmeant Offical -
    Life Partner -
    Musician/Band: Guns 'N Roses
    Goverment Official: Abe Lincoln
    Life Partner: My Wife

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    #1: I had an inkling a couple of days before. I have a person on the inside at Carolina(I was actually in a book about Carolina basketball a few years ago) but when the official announcement came I was at work and very relieved.

#2: I was in a dorm room in College watching by myself. Obviously it was a blown call but I'm still not 100% convinced Tarasco would have caught the ball but obviously it wouldn't have been a HR. I also disagree w/ Yankee haters who whine that the call could have changed the series b/c Mariano came in when it was tied where he wouldn't have come in if not for the Jeter HR. he pitched 2 innings and was unavailable for Game 2 where we blew a 1 run lead in the 7th- Marinao would have been pitching and we likely would have won Game 2 still going back to Baltimore tied 1-1.

As far as which was my favorite Yankee Champioship from '96-'00? W/o a doubt it was 1996. Nothing comes close, I was born at a bad time to be a Yankee fan. I was alive in '77 & '78 but too young to know what was going on so I really never saw the Yanks in postseason until 1995. All my life I had to hear how great the Yankees used to be and how they always used to win Championships so seeing one live was special and the way they did it against Atlanta was amazing. '98-'00 were great but nothing compared to '96.
    I totally agree on the first part. Everyone always seems to forget that.

And I agree on the second part too. '96 was absolutely amazing, simply because of how tough and scrappy the team was. We had someone doing the little things all year, and a great staff, and thusly we won the WS.

#3: I'm not sure what you are asking me to do. Can you explain?
    Yes.

Pick one player to get one of the results name, and then explain why.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Tough question. I don't dislike any of these posters and I think they are all good posters. I don't see Hammer or browntonw in the Yankee forum anymore, they'd be at the top so of the others I guess I'll go w/ Dry. I'm not going to rank them b/c it makes it look like I don't like the guys I'd rank at the bottom and that's not true. I think we have a good core of yankee posters.
    oh noes! the politically correct answer

AAA ERA

Pick one player to get one of the results name, and then explain why.
    I'm still confused, what do you mean "one of the results name"?

AAA ERA

1. If you could be the Owner of any sports team what team would that be and why?

2. When you became that owner would you immediately clean house by firing the GM and Manager and coaches or not? If yes, why would they have to go?

3. What player would you go all out to trade for to be your teams central focus to becoming a championship caliber team?
    #1: W/o a doubt it would be the Jets. I Love the Yankees and Carolina basketball but football is my favorite sport and if I ranked my favorite teams in order #1 would be the Jets.

#2: No, I like the potential I see in Mangini and Tannenbaum so they would be safe for now.

#3: This is touhg b/c in the NFL the guy you build around is usually a drafted player, it's hard to complete a trade for the type of player you can build a Championship team around but ignoring that and ignoring all logic I think Brady is by far the best QB of his generation so I'd build around him.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm still confused, what do you mean "one of the results name"?
    It's similar to the first question I asked you. For example, I would cut Andy Phillips, re-sign Bubba Crosby, and give a monument to Sal Fasano, and give my reasons, e.g. Sal Fasano is Italian and makes good pizza and builds leaning towers.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    It's similar to the first question I asked you. For example, I would cut Andy Phillips, re-sign Bubba Crosby, and give a monument to Sal Fasano, and give my reasons, e.g. Sal Fasano is Italian and makes good pizza and builds leaning towers.
    OK, I got it now.

CUT: Sal Fasano. He did a decent job here, I just wished he could have caught Carl Pavano so we could have had a battery of Pavano to Fasano.

RE-SIGN: Andy Phillips. Good guy w/ a good glove and we could use a late inning replacement at 1B.

MONUMENT: Bubba Crosby, despite only playing 3 postseason games in 2005 he has has many RBI as ARod in the playoffs since 2005 so he gets the monument.

AAA ERA

1. Your 3 favorite movies and why
    2. If you could spend a day with any current Yankee, who would it be and what would you do?
    3. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    #1: The Back to the Future Trilogy is my favorite, I'll count that as one movie even though it's really 3. I'll also add "There's Something about Mary" and "Back to School".

#2: If we can rewind and I am single then it would be Jeter and we'd go out on the Town picking up women.

#3:

AAA ERA

Would you rather spend a day dressed as Marilyn Manson or spend a day with Charles Manson?

What was your fave childhood cartoon growing up and why?

What is the thing in the world that you cannot live without? Materialistic object, intangibles, anything.
    #1: Charles Manson, I'd like to see what makes the guy tick.

#2: Tom & Jerry, I don't know why. It was funny to me as a kid and I still think it's funny

#3: There are so many things I cannot live w/o. Obviously my Family but I guess I'd say TV in a close battle w/ the internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast