Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Seat Answers #59 - nyjunc

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Hot Seat Answers #59 - nyjunc

Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc View Post
    Obviously my Family but I guess I'd say TV in a close battle w/ the internet.
    Excellent answer.

AAA ERA

If could spend a day with anyone in history who would it be?

What would you do with that person?

Why does today's current cartoons suck compared to the older ones?
    #1: Tough question. Probably Abraham Lincoln.

#2: I would just pick his brain, see what he was really thinking and his thoughts on the future. I'd also tell him to stay away from the Theatre on April 14, 1865.

#3: I have a 3 year old and there are still alot of good cartoons. What I have learned in my just over 30 years on this planet is nothing will ever be as good as you remember it. Perfect example: about 10 years ago I bough a Land of the Lost DVD, as a kid I thought the "special effects" were amazing. It really looked like they were going down a waterfall in the intro but seeing it as an adult showed me it was a low budget show w/ awful scenery and costumes.

AAA ERA

1. what's the meaning behind your username?

2. Do you think Chad Pennington can still succeed in the NFL?

3. What would you rather see? The New York Jets win the Super Bowl this year and the Yankees win the World Series, but neither team makes the playoffs for the following 20 straight? Or Both the Jets and Yankees make the playoffs every year for the next 20 seasons, but neither wins a championship in that timeframe?
    #1: nyj: New York Jets unc: University of North Carolina

#2: Absolutely. He proved that 2 years ago. I don't think he'll ever be as good as he was pre-shoulder surgeries(he was one of the best) but he can still be an effective QB and if the team is good enough around him he can lead a team a long way.

#3: I'll take the single Championship years. Growing up as a Yankee fan I endured 13 straight playoff-less seasons and as a Jet fan I endured '87-'96. W/ the Yanks I have seen 4 Championships and although I want more there is nothing I want more(as a sports fan, obviously I would want different things in real life) than a Super Bowl title for the Jets. We were so close in 1998 and I desperately want to see one before I'm gone.

If the question was phrased they both win one this year and miss the playofffs 20 straight years OR they both make the playoffs 20 straight years w/ CHANCES to win I might go w/ that b/c then they could win multiple titles. Your example was no championship for 20 years. I only wish these were real choices.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Ugh, Leo. That is an awful question to ask of a Yankees fan given that the team has had plenty of success with championships and postseason appearances.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash View Post
    Ugh, Leo. That is an awful question to ask of a Yankees fan given that the team has had plenty of success with championships and postseason appearances.
    That's why I grouped the Jets in with the question.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA

Thanks for the questions and Porter99 is up next in the Hot Seat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12